Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ACP credit vs. "direct" credit
Thank you! I might just go with a different math if this doesn't work out. I don't actually need stats; I just need math. But being in a health field, I feel like stats is useful. At least in terms of methodology. I don't need to be able to "do" stats, but I need to be able to READ them.
-Rachel

BS in Interdiscipl. Studies (Health Sci. + Beh. Sci. [Coaching] + Business) at Liberty U

Liberty U: 36 cred finished

LU ICE exam:
4 cred
Christopher Newport U:
2 cred
Amer. Coll. of Healthcare Sciences: 52 cred (+14 non-transferable)
Study.com: Pers Fin, Amer Gov
Shmoop: Bible as Lit, Lit in Media
SL: Bus. Ethics, IT Fundamentals, Intro to Religion, Intro to Comm, Intro to Sociology, Surv of World History, Engl Comp I&II

TECEP: Intro to Critical Reasoning (didn't transfer)
ALEKS: Intro Stats
[-] The following 1 user Likes a2jc4life's post:
  • cookderosa
(11-28-2017, 11:56 AM)cookderosa Wrote:
(11-27-2017, 09:52 PM)a2jc4life Wrote: Oh, no!  I hope not before I manage to finish Statistics. Sad

I didn't check them all, but they look like most expire 3/2018  

It's showing the only 2 stats ACP courses as being Saylor and Pearson- are you doing Saylor?

Hi. This may be a stupid noob question, but if Saylor's ACP status expires, does that mean those courses are worthless after 3/18, or does that mean ACP is itself going out of commission and only ACE/NCCRS will be accepted at Big 3? I'm asking because Empire State seems to take a lot of ACP courses and I get a deal on tuition as an NYS resident. Sorry if it was answered in another thread. Rolleyes
It means if you COMPLETE them after 3/18, those courses will not be useful (assuming they don't renew by then). Although Jennifer is speculating that ACP may be phasing out, as well. Anything you've already taken, though, should still be good.
-Rachel

BS in Interdiscipl. Studies (Health Sci. + Beh. Sci. [Coaching] + Business) at Liberty U

LU ICE exam:
4 cred
Christopher Newport U:
2 cred
SL: Bus. Ethics, IT Fundamentals, Intro to Religion, Intro to Comm, Intro to Sociology, Surv of World History, Engl Comp I&II

ACP is a subset of ACE - everything (I think) that is ACP is also ACE, so don't worry, you'll still get ACE credit for those courses.

It looks to me like ACE was trying to come up with a group of inexpensive courses people could take and transfer easily back to certain schools - sort of like SL has partner schools that will take their credit directly - but it just didn't all pan out.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Not quite. The Saylor stats course, for instance, is ACP but not ACE. (I don't know why. I don't quite understand the distinction.) But the majority are both.
-Rachel

LU ICE exam:
4 cred
Christopher Newport U:
2 cred

(11-29-2017, 02:55 PM)a2jc4life Wrote: Not quite.  The Saylor stats course, for instance, is ACP but not ACE.  (I don't know why.  I don't quite understand the distinction.)  But the majority are both.

You're right.  I think this is the only one like this.  But, there are so many other options to take stats that you're not out much if it doesn't go through.  The other Saylor stats course (Business Stats) is NCCRS.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(11-29-2017, 12:35 PM)Mamalady Wrote:
(11-28-2017, 11:56 AM)cookderosa Wrote:
(11-27-2017, 09:52 PM)a2jc4life Wrote: Oh, no!  I hope not before I manage to finish Statistics. Sad

I didn't check them all, but they look like most expire 3/2018  

It's showing the only 2 stats ACP courses as being Saylor and Pearson- are you doing Saylor?

Hi. This may be a stupid noob question, but if Saylor's ACP status expires, does that mean those courses are worthless after 3/18, or does that mean ACP is itself going out of commission and only ACE/NCCRS will be accepted at Big 3? I'm asking because Empire State seems to take a lot of ACP courses and I get a deal on tuition as an NYS resident. Sorry if it was answered in another thread. Rolleyes

I actually have an email from Saylor's executive director telling me that they are getting ACE evaluation on the courses that are currently only ACE via their ACP participation. I wouldn't worry just yet, I think this will be fine. (ps. that's not at all a noob question- I think it's pretty sophisticated. Wink )

(11-29-2017, 02:38 PM)dfrecore Wrote: ACP is a subset of ACE - everything (I think) that is ACP is also ACE, so don't worry, you'll still get ACE credit for those courses.

It looks to me like ACE was trying to come up with a group of inexpensive courses people could take and transfer easily back to certain schools - sort of like SL has partner schools that will take their credit directly - but it just didn't all pan out.

"everything (I think) that is ACP is also ACE,"

This has to be true..... though as far as I know, it hasn't been tested and proven true. So, since we're just musing now, looking at an ACP course via Saylor that is not also ACE as Saylor, I wonder what would happen if submitted for credit? You couldn't *technically* get it entered into your account because there wouldn't be a drop-down for it. As an example, go into ACE's database and look at Saylor. You won't find stats- it's not there. It's under ACP, so my question would be *how* to get it on an ACE transcript if ACP folds? Again, Saylor made a point of saying that those courses are going for indy ACE approval, so all of this will probably be moot, but it's still an interesting question.
Thanks all!
This is interesting...I kind of wondered if ACP was fizzling out. There were initially 2 schools in my state (NC) that participated and now only one, where my older son intends to transfer. He has not taken any of the ACP courses yet but was planning on taking Saylor's stats this Spring.... maybe just stick with the DSST exam instead. My only experience with DSST though is the Civil War & Reconstruction test my younger son just took today and did not pass, scored 375 :-(
It looks like Stats is still good through March, so if he takes it early, it should still be good.
-Rachel

LU ICE exam:
4 cred
Christopher Newport U:
2 cred

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can sophia credit transfer to two different schools? GoBroncos95 11 502 04-18-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  3 Additional Google Certificates Approved for ACE Credit MNomadic 8 1,085 02-02-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: lynnii2
  Sophia Credit Transfer StudyKing21 1 580 01-19-2024, 12:57 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Free credit course website for non-American Pinko64 3 716 11-04-2023, 05:51 PM
  Does Clovis Community College accept Sophia credit? eliment 7 858 10-29-2023, 07:45 PM
  Study.com: Upcoming Changes to Credit-Granting Courses inf 28 3,919 09-19-2023, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Pats20
  Send Saylor credit to credly vetvso 4 1,582 09-09-2023, 01:40 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  TADA credit NapoleonInRags 16 2,012 05-05-2023, 11:11 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  ACE Credit Recommended Professional Cook Certification lumina 5 1,047 01-26-2023, 11:50 AM
Last Post: bellbaby
  Online Self-Paced Certified Personal Trainer course ($19.99/month) worth 3 ACE credit MNomadic 1 948 01-07-2023, 02:01 PM
Last Post: Kab