Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Online self-paced Data Structures and Algorithm undergraduate course?
Hey guys,

So my guess is that does not exist, but I was wondering if such a thing like an online self-paced Data Structures and Algorithm course existed?

I'm looking at the MSc in software engineering offerings, I am a programmer by trade but with minimal formal training, most of the courses I am not afraid, but I don't feel too comfortable with the Algo course.

Some programs offer to replace a course when you already took the course at the bachelor level, that would certainly boost my confidence if I go down this path. This would need to be credited by an RA university.
WGU MS ITM, 2021.
TESU BACS, 2020.
TESU BSBA, 2018.
TESU ASNSM in Computer Science, 2018.
----
UPenn MCIT (Accepted in 2018, not pursuing, see story here).
NAU MCIT (Accepted in 2018, not pursuing)
----
http://www.mathprep.com/course/discrete-...e-ome.html

This course is not Data Structures, but Discrete Structures - it seems like an intro-level course that you'd take prior to Data Structures. It's self-paced through a course provider that grants graded RA credit when you're done. It's not cheap ($728) but it might be something to get you started so that you feel comfortable taking a regular Data Structures course elsewhere.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • Yenisei
Your best bet is to take this at a community college and also to take some CIS (IT) / CS courses at Saylor or at another provider such as Straighterline and Study.com to prepare you more for the profession as your BSBA (in CIS or whichever AOS you choose) will not prepare you well enough for the MS you're looking into.

The TESU BS Data Science & Analytics or the BACS would be a better option to prepare you for the MS you mentioned.
This course is the one you're looking for at the University of Northern Iowa, distance education /online/self-paced.
Data Structures Course Link: https://continuinged.uni.edu/distance/gi...es/cs-1520
Co-requisite - Discrete Structures: https://continuinged.uni.edu/distance/gi...es/cs-1800
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Will online degrees become worthless because of AI? blablablox 10 521 04-17-2024, 09:46 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  New UK Bachelors Degree Online coming soon! Leedeedee 1 261 04-03-2024, 11:54 AM
Question How can I Study on my own pace and online like a european? justmemyself 6 386 03-25-2024, 09:14 PM
  Biochemistry online, no lab, and less than $500. GoodYellowDogs 11 10,355 03-20-2024, 04:16 PM
  The 100 Most Popular Accredited Online Colleges for 2024 LevelUP 2 315 03-20-2024, 05:47 AM
Last Post: nyvrem
  Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus sanantone 27 5,688 03-16-2024, 06:22 AM
  Eastern University Self-Paced online Degrees natshar 2 743 03-06-2024, 10:03 PM
Last Post: jumlouh
  Questions regarding IDSS (through the MITx micromaster for data science path) blablablox 0 215 03-06-2024, 09:58 AM
Last Post: blablablox
  University of California System Bans Fully Online Degrees davewill 23 3,752 03-01-2024, 10:57 AM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  LLB University of London Online newdegree 1 400 02-28-2024, 01:46 PM
Last Post: freeloader