Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
No degree to MBA-HR in 20 months - Nodaclu's Progress Thread
(12-12-2017, 03:24 PM)Nodaclu Wrote:
(12-11-2017, 09:30 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(12-11-2017, 08:51 PM)Nodaclu Wrote:

And now I've just read a thread that states Patten requires letter grades on the College Algebra and Microeconomics prereq courses. Ugh.

Anyone have any potential advice on this? In the thread I read, the poster stated that he was able to send transcripts directly from Strighterline to Patten, which they accepted. Does anyone know if I can do the same through Study.com?

I would contact Patten directly and just ask them.  Tell them you took the CLEP exam for College Algebra, so you don't have a grade, and ask them (I only say CLEP because I think it's easier for them to understand than ACE-recommended courses).

Good luck!

Heard back from Patten. Here is their response:

"Hi Mike - Thanks for your interest in Patten. I confirmed this with our registrar this morning: as long as you has passed the CLEP exam with the minimum ACE recommended score (which will be listed on the transcript), we can accept those to satisfy the prerequisites."

I'm guessing this would also be true for Study.com, since there is a percentage score as part of completing the class, and I'm assuming that would be reported to ACE.

ACE transcripts don't list scores. You wouldn't get credit if you didn't pass with the ACE-recommended score.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
Sad

Note received from TESU, regarding my query about the 300-400 level LS AOS courses from Study.com.

"Hello Mike: All of the Study.com courses that are listed in as Area of Study courses will be re-equated to lower level courses if taken after 12.31.17."

The courses I asked about were the Psych courses, which I knew about, but also:

HIS-308 Causes and effects of the Vietnam War
BUS-113 Business Communication, which had previously transferred in as COM-300 Business Communication

So....this is going to cost me at least a few hundred dollars in all likelihood. I have this amazing ability to do things with the worst possible timing....ugh.
Bachelor of Arts: Psychology - TESU (pending conferral)
120/120 units complete

SPHR (Senior Professional in Human Resources)
Anticipated Completion Date: 3/31/2019

Master of Human Resource Management - CSU Global
Start Date: 7/1/2019
So how many can you complete in 17 days? ;-)
Up next:  WGU MSCSIA - Early 2023
Dropped:  WGU MSITM - Wasn't my cup of tea
Completed:  WGU BSCSIA (started 10/1/2018, finished 01/11/2019), Pierpont BOG AAS (5/2018)
Journey Thread (MSITM): https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...TM-Journey
Journey Thread (BS):  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ersecurity
Degree Spreadsheet (BS):  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/attachm...p?aid=2602

The main thing is to "finish" the course before 12/31/17, you can transfer it in afterwards. Take any 2 days or weekend and finish HIS 308. It's the third shortest/easiest course at 64 lessons, the second shortest is HIS 108 (Similar Vietnam War course), and the shortest is the Comm 120 - Presentation Skills in the Workplace at 32 lessons.

The BUS 113 Business Communications has 3 assignments worth 100 points, quizzes worth 100 points and a proctored final also worth 100 points, you just need 210 (70% to pass the course). This should be very doable course as well, you probably can finish this course in 7 days (a couple of hours a day), and if you add both courses, you have enough time to complete HIS 308 & BUS 113 before the deadline.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • Nodaclu
Thank you both!

My biggest concern is that I'll finish before 12/31, but that (with the holidays approaching) Study.com won't grade the final until after 1/1.

Oh well, nothing to lose in trying. History and Psychology are my best subjects, so I'm going to work on completing HIS-351, and the shortest Psych course, which appears to be PSY-104 - Social Psychology, and see if I can get them done in time. And even if I can't, they'll still count toward my overall degree at least. Smile
120/120 units complete

(12-14-2017, 11:53 AM)Nodaclu Wrote: Note received from TESU, regarding my query about the 300-400 level LS AOS courses from Study.com.

"Hello Mike: All of the Study.com courses that are listed in as Area of Study courses will be re-equated to lower level courses if taken after 12.31.17."

BUS-113 Business Communication, which had previously transferred in as COM-300 Business Communication

So....this is going to cost me at least a few hundred dollars in all likelihood. I have this amazing ability to do things with the worst possible timing....ugh.

Arghh.. So BUS-113 is being downgraded too? Drat. I was hoping to save that one for January's test allotment.

I thought HIS-308 has a paper to write. Am I imagining that or is it not as scary as I think?
Marketing 301: Marketing Research

Business 325: Union and Labor Relations

and 102-108 psychology is what SDC told me.
We are all on the same side here, trying to better our lives....so let's get along and help each other out. 

Learn a trade. Gain technical skills. Make money, then use this money to get a degree...if you have the desire. 

(12-14-2017, 04:27 PM)triforce828 Wrote:
(12-14-2017, 11:53 AM)Nodaclu Wrote: Note received from TESU, regarding my query about the 300-400 level LS AOS courses from Study.com.

Arghh..  So BUS-113 is being downgraded too?  Drat. I was hoping to save that one for January's test allotment.

I thought HIS-308 has a paper to write.  Am I imagining that or is it not as scary as I think?

Looks that way. I specifically asked about the 5 "upper level" courses listed on this page:

https://www.tesu.edu/studycom/BA-Degree-...tudies.cfm

That list contained:

BUS-113
HIS-308
PSY-104
PSY-105
PSY-106

And I was told that all of those courses were being downgraded.

Also, Study.com's response to me was that, they wouldn't know exactly how many and which courses TESU was downgrading until they received data from them after 1/1/18 (though most of them have been determined/discovered on this forum).

It's a lousy situation, but all we can do is press forward.

On the subject of HIS-308, It requires two papers of 2,000-3,000 words, but the coursework is short enough that I've gotten through half the class in about 4.5 hours. My goal is to finish the coursework tonight, the papers tomorrow, and the final on Saturday.

After that, it's a race to see if I can get PSY-104 finished in time for Study.com to grade it before 12/31.
120/120 units complete

Start cranking them out.
Done with the lessons and quizzes for HIS-351.

On to the essay...except...there are now TWO essays to complete?

https://study.com/academy/topic/required...y-308.html

Yikes...I have no problem completing the essays on principle - after all, I'll be doing more of them as I go along, but I'm on a serious time crunch here. Do we have any confirmation that TESU is still counting HIS-108 as UL until 12/31?

If so, I've gotta say, it makes FAR more sense for me to just take the exam to ensure I can get two classes done by 12/31. Doing two essays is going to set me back an additional 2-4 days at a minimum. (I love to type - until you shoehorn me into specific topics and APA styles of writing...lol.)

Edit: I just scored 96 on the practice exam. Maybe I should just write enough words to get a score in the 50's on the essays, and not risk submitting HIS-108 instead of HIS-351. History is my best subject. I can probably submit a pair of mediocre essays, (though that's not normally my M.O.), get them done quickly, and move on.
120/120 units complete

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help - Math Degree for Grad School Frederico.Sandoval 10 687 04-20-2024, 11:28 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  New UK Bachelors Degree Online coming soon! Leedeedee 1 288 04-03-2024, 11:54 AM
  Cheapest degree in graphic design? blablablox 10 646 03-30-2024, 12:44 PM
  Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus sanantone 27 5,802 03-16-2024, 06:22 AM
Brick Want a bachelor's degree in 3 years? University of Minnesota, Morris is trying... Ares 8 578 02-24-2024, 06:04 PM
Last Post: natshar
  Just 16% of community college students transfer and earn a bachelor’s degree Ares 6 514 02-14-2024, 01:13 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Atlantic Technological University Interesting Bachelor degree offering from Ireland durain 0 289 02-12-2024, 02:58 AM
Last Post: durain
  The First 3-Year Degree Programs Win Approval Ares 10 874 02-07-2024, 03:40 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  Test Specific thread dewisant 7 504 01-30-2024, 04:07 PM
Last Post: dewisant
  NA to RA Degree Plan Assistance McManus 8 2,249 01-29-2024, 04:59 PM