Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DSST Health & Human Develop same as CLEP Human Growth & Develop
Hi there! Smile Does anyone know if TESC will accept the DSST Health & Human Development AND the CLEP Human Growth and Development? Or would they be too similar to put on the same degree? Huh 

I'm using them for different electives, so it's not specifically for any of the requirements.
The DSST comes in as HEA-103, and is a Free Elective. The CLEP comes in as PSY-211, and is a SocSci course (so can fit in many places).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • KatePsychology
The CLEP for Human Growth and Development comes in the same as the DSST for Lifespan Developmental Psychology.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
[-] The following 1 user Likes sanantone's post:
  • KatePsychology
Hello Everyone,
Today I took the Lifespan Developmental Psychology DSST and passed with a 413. I know that that score is cutting it pretty close to the 400 passing mark, but I am happy and proud of that score no matter how “low” it may appear. First of all, this test was the quickest that I’ve ever been able to study for, take and then pass a college exam. I prepped for this test in just under 12 days of studying. That’s a pretty amazing time frame to acquire 3 college credits in. I always like to give all the praise and glory to God for allowing me to pass yet another college exam.

I studied for this test using a Lifespan Developmental Psychology study book by Pass Your Class. This website offers condensed teaching formats for most of the CLEP and DSST tests. The particular book that I used for studying had 47 pages to read, 146 practice questions and 144 flashcards. I prepared for the book by completely memorizing all of the flashcards, reading the book several times and then taking the practice questions twice scoring 79% and then 95%.

I also took the 50 practice questions from prometric.com twice scoring 62% and then 78%. I never like taking practice tests from their website, even though they are the actual test makers, their practice questions always seem to be very difficult and vague. The one thing that is very helpful with their site is that you get to take the practice questions in the exact format that your test will be. This is very helpful and makes me more comfortable on test day.

I did a bit of spot reading on Wikipedia on a couple of topics that I wasn’t really getting.

Here are some of the topics that you need to be familiar with and know for the actual test: (These topics were on my actual test.)
§ Erik Erickson's eight stages
§ Albert Bandura created the first IQ test
§ All about the brain, temporal, parietal, occipital and frontal lobes
§ Divergent and convergent thing
§ Social learning theory
§ Object permanence
§ Case study
§ Longitudinal study
§ Cohabitation
§ Aging
§ Visual cliff
§ Proximodistal development
§ Noam Chomsky –language acquisition device
§ Rationalization
§ Id, ego, superego
§ Habituation

I have also taken:
Introduction to World Religions-DSST -479
Principles of Marketing-CLEP -63
Principles of Management-CLEP -56
Principles of Supervision-DSST -422
Introductory Psychology-CLEP -53
Introductory Sociology-CLEP -57
History of the United States 1 -57
Introduction to Business-DSST -435
Introduction to Educational Psychology –CLEP -57

I will be taking the Fundamentals of Counseling DSST next. I’m pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Child and Youth Development through Charter Oak State College.

God bless and happy testing to you all!
Wow, passyourclass is really laying it on. They must have decided to try this and get some free advertising or something. Maybe they should just pay IC for the ads instead.
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(12-08-2017, 09:25 PM)KatePsychology Wrote: Hi there! Smile Does anyone know if TESC will accept the DSST Health & Human Development AND the CLEP Human Growth and Development? Or would they be too similar to put on the same degree? Huh 

I'm using them for different electives, so it's not specifically for any of the requirements.

Don't risk it. They are the same taste. It would be a waste of your money to take both because the are essentially the same test.
(01-29-2019, 02:37 PM)jortholmes Wrote:
(12-08-2017, 09:25 PM)KatePsychology Wrote: Hi there! Smile Does anyone know if TESC will accept the DSST Health & Human Development AND the CLEP Human Growth and Development? Or would they be too similar to put on the same degree? Huh 

Don't risk it. They are the same taste. It would be a waste of your money to take both because the are essentially the same test.

You're a little late to the party, but these are not the same; TESU doesn't count them the same way at all.
(01-29-2019, 02:37 PM)jortholmes Wrote:

DSST Lifespan Developmental Psychology covers the same material as CLEP Human Growth and Development.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
(01-17-2019, 03:54 PM)jortholmes Wrote: Hello Everyone,
Today I took the Lifespan Developmental Psychology DSST and passed with a 413. I know that that score is cutting it pretty close to the 400 passing mark, but I am happy and proud of that score no matter how “low” it may appear. First of all, this test was the quickest that I’ve ever been able to study for, take and then pass a college exam. I prepped for this test in just under 12 days of studying. That’s a pretty amazing time frame to acquire 3 college credits in. I always like to give all the praise and glory to God for allowing me to pass yet another college exam.

I studied for this test using a Lifespan Developmental Psychology study book by Pass Your Class. This website offers condensed teaching formats for most of the CLEP and DSST tests. The particular book that I used for studying had 47 pages to read, 146 practice questions and 144 flashcards. I prepared for the book by completely memorizing all of the flashcards, reading the book several times and then taking the practice questions twice scoring 79% and then 95%.

I also took the 50 practice questions from prometric.com twice scoring 62% and then 78%. I never like taking practice tests from their website, even though they are the actual test makers, their practice questions always seem to be very difficult and vague. The one thing that is very helpful with their site is that you get to take the practice questions in the exact format that your test will be. This is very helpful and makes me more comfortable on test day.

I did a bit of spot reading on Wikipedia on a couple of topics that I wasn’t really getting.

Here are some of the topics that you need to be familiar with and know for the actual test: (These topics were on my actual test.)
§ Erik Erickson's eight stages
§ Albert Bandura created the first IQ test
§ All about the brain, temporal, parietal, occipital and frontal lobes
§ Divergent and convergent thing
§ Social learning theory
§ Object permanence
§ Case study
§ Longitudinal study
§ Cohabitation
§ Aging
§ Visual cliff
§ Proximodistal development
§ Noam Chomsky –language acquisition device
§ Rationalization
§ Id, ego, superego
§ Habituation

I have also taken:
Introduction to World Religions-DSST -479
Principles of Marketing-CLEP -63
Principles of Management-CLEP -56
Principles of Supervision-DSST -422
Introductory Psychology-CLEP -53
Introductory Sociology-CLEP -57
History of the United States 1 -57
Introduction to Business-DSST -435
Introduction to Educational Psychology –CLEP -57

I will be taking the Fundamentals of Counseling DSST next. I’m pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Child and Youth Development through Charter Oak State College.

God bless and happy testing to you all!
Did you have any problems downloading the materials from passyourclass.com? I just purchased the Human Growth and Development version and my computer quarantined the file because it contains a threat called WS.Reputation.1. At this point, I can't access the study guide, no one is there to discuss a replacement file or refund and I'm really in need of legit study materials as opposed to the "The Official Study Guide" that contains NO information on the test. I've hit a wall and may need to reschedule the test because I'm not ready. I'm very frustrated!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A&I CLEP not counted in 90cr limit Murdockb 1 270 01-18-2024, 11:57 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Quickly passing a BA with CLEP as an international student Moonsorrow 3 770 09-22-2022, 04:43 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  CLEP Spanish @ TESU - 6 or 9 credits? studyingfortests 4 853 07-15-2022, 10:19 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Which CLEP/DSST/SDC count as UL credit? Amberlinjeanne 5 931 05-07-2022, 10:06 PM
  BSBA HEALTH CARE MANAGEMENT schoolgirlb 8 1,427 11-30-2021, 09:02 PM
Last Post: schoolgirlb
  TESU and DSST transcript question Oulton1 10 1,482 11-05-2021, 11:08 AM
Last Post: jch
  Englishe Comp Clep channaleah 2 672 09-28-2021, 11:28 PM
Last Post: Dorothy44
  CLEP Information Systems @ TESU Juju7 9 1,086 07-13-2021, 03:25 PM
  DSST Principles of Public Speaking - UL? bjcheung77 2 494 05-31-2021, 05:20 PM
  Equivalent class to TESU MAN-331 Human Recourses Management? Jesus is Lord 11 1,222 04-21-2021, 04:22 PM
Last Post: Jesus is Lord