Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TECEP Term - How does it work?
Super helpful, @triforce828!!!

So, if you were to apply for the AA & BA in the same graduation cycle, would you simply wait until you're done with the capstone & then apply for both of them at the same time?
(12-11-2017, 10:02 PM)Silly_Me Wrote: So, if you were to apply for the AA & BA in the same graduation cycle, would you simply wait until you're done with the capstone & then apply for both of them at the same time?

I think so. If you I only want to pay the graduation fee once, then apply for both AA and BA at the same time.

I never thought this through entirely -- for some weird reason, I thought you could apply for graduation and complete capstone at the same time.. Not so, according to https://www.tesu.edu/current-students/Gr...on.cfm#how

Edit to add: So at the aforementioned website, if I took the capstone in May 2018, I would be eligible for September graduation. But the graduation application would need to done before July 1st. So I guess you can be in process with your last class, because the May term doesn't end until July 22 2018.

Thanks for helping me think through this time line...
(12-12-2017, 12:34 AM)triforce828 Wrote: I never thought this through entirely -- for some weird reason, I thought you could apply for graduation and complete capstone at the same time..  Not so, according to https://www.tesu.edu/current-students/Gr...on.cfm#how

Edit to add:  So at the aforementioned website, if I took the capstone in May 2018, I would be eligible for September graduation.  But the graduation application would need to done before July 1st.  So I guess you can be in process with your last class, because the May term doesn't end until July 22 2018.

Thanks for helping me think through this time line...

You can apply for graduation before completing the capstone, but you would need to be close to finishing it before the audit came through.  For someone taking the November capstone, for example, the app deadline for graduation is Jan 1.  But, at that point, your app goes into a queue and it will be a little while before they audit you.  The course ends Jan 21.  So, if you told your professor that you had applied for graduation, and asked that your final grade be expedited, you might be able to squeak in just as they were getting ready to audit your file.  If you're almost done with your final course when they do the first audit, they will put you back in the queue and give it one more shot a couple of weeks later, so you should be fine at that point.

Not saying that it's 100% guaranteed, and I'm sure others will pipe in if I'm wrong, but I think I'm right on this one.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(12-12-2017, 12:34 AM)triforce828 Wrote: Thanks for helping me think through this time line...

I started a new thread to discuss timeline issues - AA to BA Timeline - just so separate topics can stay in their own neat little boxes.  :Smile  

You are helping me think this through, too.  I appreciate it!
(12-11-2017, 05:30 PM)Silly_Me Wrote: Wait... Really?  So, if I apply for "graduation" for my associate's degree next September, then I don't actually have to take a TECEP at all....?  This is news to me!  (Good news, that is.)

Now, what if I'm planning on getting my bachelor's the following Spring? Should I still take the TECEP, or is the "graduation" w/ an associate's degree enough to keep me "enrolled" long enough to pursue the bachelor's degree?

Thanks for clearing everything up! (You guys should work for the advising department!!! I ask them these questions, and I get 10 different answers. Ugh.)
Make sure you declare for the bachelor's soon. Otherwise you may find yourself unenrolled after the first graduation. It will also lock it into this year's catalog. I think you should take the TECEP and become enrolled, it's much simpler and ensure nothing funny happens with catalog changes.

In order to stay enrolled all the way through your bachelor's the following year you'll need one more course. It can be your capstone, just be sure to register for it within a year of this TECEP.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
Sorry to revive an old forum, but when you say the term ends the 25th dose that mean you need to finish before the 25th or can you take your test on the 25th?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  booking tecep exams shendaddy 4 1,755 08-16-2018, 05:29 PM
Last Post: Kelly Green
  TECEP - do I have to wait until the start of a Term to take the exam? Kelly Green 4 1,996 08-16-2018, 09:04 AM
  TESU - apply as non-matriculating student, or TECEP only? Kelly Green 0 1,175 08-13-2018, 05:11 PM
  TECEP - Learning in the Digital Age - where does it fit? dfrecore 5 1,809 08-10-2018, 01:02 AM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Environmental Ethics ETH-210-TE Tecep jawbreakingrr 57 17,553 07-25-2018, 12:31 PM
Last Post: ashtonnewman
  Enrolled in the Business Capstone course for the July Term. Anybody else? camjenks 25 4,903 07-16-2018, 02:18 PM
Last Post: keokat
  Suggested TECEP's? High Pass Rate? omuneek 2 1,718 06-26-2018, 05:30 PM
Last Post: Ideas
  Failed Advertising TECEP nerd 12 3,201 06-18-2018, 04:01 PM
Last Post: nerd
  Error after submitting TECEP test nerd 4 1,872 06-16-2018, 01:13 PM
Last Post: Cheeseburrito
  TECEP to meet residency requirement Dowew 2 1,524 06-12-2018, 01:14 AM
Last Post: Dowew