Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU Aviation Management Degree
So the license you have will take care of the 21cr needed for the Professional Aviation Requirements.  Your college courses are highlighted in light blue.  The required courses are slotted where they need to be for the degree.  Free Electives are completed due to the CCAF courses that won't fit in Gen Ed.

I'm not certain how all of your courses will come in, because if any are considered "electrical", they will come into Gen Ed.  Same with Managerial Comm, which might come in as a MAN course (not helpful) but might come in as COM-300, in which case it's Gen Ed.

This is what I would do if I were you:
1) Apply to TESU, sending in all transcripts and certifications
2) Take a few courses in Gen Ed (English Comp II, World Religions or A&I Lit, Insurance Ethics, Tech Writing, Stats, Computers, Meteorology while waiting for the eval.  Take at least 2 of these through Study.com. Send in more transcripts.
3) Once your eval comes in, determine if you want to enroll at TESU.  If so, enroll in the Comprehensive Plan via the Study.com affiliate membership for $6350.
4) Use this for 12 courses: at minimum, the 7 courses needed in the AOS, plus the capstone.  I would also take Physics I & II, since they're fairly (compared to other resources) costly.  That's 10 courses.  You can take 2 additional ones.

That's it.  It's a lot, but I think 10 courses in a year is totally doable.  That's roughly 1 per term, and they overlap, so you can decide how you want to do that.  Do 4 non-overlapping terms, with 1-2 courses each time.  Or 1 every term, for 10 overlapping terms.  Or whatever you decide will work for you.  But you only have a year to do it, so if you think that's too much, you can always take Physics I through SL, Project Management through Study.com, and then you only have 8 courses.  Or whatever combination you choose.

Remember that the Study.com affiliate membership expires on 6/30/18, so you need to enroll prior to that to get the discount, and it is substantial!

Here's a spreadsheet to help.  Good luck!

Attached Files
.xlsx   TESU 2016 BS in Aviation Management.xlsx (Size: 41.04 KB / Downloads: 12)
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Jethomasjr -

In addition to dfrecore's suggestions, here are a few others to consider. Since Study.com just came out with the Physics 111 and 112 courses, I am fairly sure they aligned them with the TESU courses by the same number. I would ask Study.com if they have been evaluated at TESU yet, and if they will count. If so, then I would take those courses for Physics. Then all you need are the Physics Labs. You can do Straigherline for Lab 1 and TESU for Lab 2. However, you'll find that TESU labs are easier than Straighterline, so you may just bite the bullet and pay for TESU labs.

Also, a couple other points: Study.com is in the process of creating a Meteorology course specifically for TESU students in Aviation degrees. This is at the request of JetBlue (the airline that created http://www.jetbluescholars.com, which offers Aviation degrees in partnership with Study.com, Straighterline, Sophia and TESU). Also, the A&P will give you some Gen Eds and Free Electives, in addition to the 21 credits for the Management degree.

I agree with dfrecore - get your evaluation done asap, and then you can see what is left to do. I highly suggest the Institute course for ethics, as a first step, since you're going to need it anyway.

As for English 101 and 102 - you can consider doing the EdX/ASU Global Freshman Academy courses (http://www.edx.org/gfa). They cost $49 each to take, and then if you get a C or above and want to get the credit, you pay ASU $600 to transcript each course, and then it transfers to TESU. While $649 per 3 credit course is alot, it is still cheaper than TESU. There are also some online community colleges you can use, but they too are going to be about $200 per credit. I have found the EdX/ASU courses to be the most accessible and doable.

Good luck!
(12-25-2017, 04:55 PM)bsimi Wrote: Jethomasjr -

In addition to dfrecore's suggestions, here are a few others to consider.  Since Study.com just came out with the Physics 111 and 112 courses, I am fairly sure they aligned them with the TESU courses by the same number. I would ask Study.com if they have been evaluated at TESU yet, and if they will count. If so, then I would take those courses for Physics.  Then all you need are the Physics Labs. You can do Straigherline for Lab 1 and TESU for Lab 2. However, you'll find that TESU labs are easier than Straighterline, so you may just bite the bullet and pay for TESU labs.

Also, a couple other points:  Study.com is in the process of creating a Meteorology course specifically for TESU students in Aviation degrees. This is at the request of JetBlue (the airline that created http://www.jetbluescholars.com, which offers Aviation degrees in partnership with Study.com, Straighterline, Sophia and TESU).  Also, the A&P will give you some Gen Eds and Free Electives, in addition to the 21 credits for the Management degree.

I agree with dfrecore - get your evaluation done asap, and then you can see what is left to do.  I highly suggest the Institute course for ethics, as a first step, since you're going to need it anyway.

As for English 101 and 102 - you can consider doing the EdX/ASU Global Freshman Academy courses (http://www.edx.org/gfa). They cost $49 each to take, and then if you get a C or above and want to get the credit, you pay ASU $600 to transcript each course, and then it transfers to TESU. While $649 per 3 credit course is alot, it is still cheaper than TESU.  There are also some online community colleges you can use, but they too are going to be about $200 per credit.  I have found the EdX/ASU courses to be the most accessible and doable.

Good luck!

I assumed that since the OP needed 7 courses in the AOS, that he/she would sign up for the Comprehensive Tuition Plan.  So no need to go out and pay $649 for a course, when it can be included in the cost of the degree (he's allowed 36cr over the course of a year, and only 24cr are needed for the degree, so 12cr of "free" stuff).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Thank you so much for helping me map out my roadmap to a Bachelors. I didn't expect an answer today, but I'll take it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help - Math Degree for Grad School Frederico.Sandoval 9 559 04-03-2024, 12:21 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  New UK Bachelors Degree Online coming soon! Leedeedee 1 256 04-03-2024, 11:54 AM
  Cheapest degree in graphic design? blablablox 10 589 03-30-2024, 12:44 PM
  Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus sanantone 27 5,677 03-16-2024, 06:22 AM
Brick Want a bachelor's degree in 3 years? University of Minnesota, Morris is trying... Ares 8 563 02-24-2024, 06:04 PM
Last Post: natshar
  Just 16% of community college students transfer and earn a bachelor’s degree Ares 6 494 02-14-2024, 01:13 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Atlantic Technological University Interesting Bachelor degree offering from Ireland durain 0 279 02-12-2024, 02:58 AM
Last Post: durain
  The First 3-Year Degree Programs Win Approval Ares 10 838 02-07-2024, 03:40 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  NA to RA Degree Plan Assistance McManus 8 2,224 01-29-2024, 04:59 PM
  After getting the degree Harrynguyen 24 2,804 01-13-2024, 12:25 PM
Last Post: ArielB74