Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upper Level Credits
Sounds like a dumb question, but how hard is it to obtain upper level credits. I need 21 UL credits and I was hoping for an easy way to do them. I've never used Study.com, Straighterline, or any of those other ones. I don't want to test out of them as well as I have a poor history of test taking.
Georgia Institute of Technology: MS in Analytics (3/32 Credits)
Boston University: MS in Software Development
Thomas Edison State University: BA in Liberal Studies
If you're going to continue with EC, then it's a little more difficult than TESU to get UL credits. A lot of the ones we discuss on here are granted UL credits at TESU only.

Here are some UL ones that are course-based that I have:

The Institutes: Ethics and the CPCU Code of Professional Conduct (ACE#AICP-0121, Ethics 312) - FREE, 2cr UL

Shmoop: Geometry 2cr UL

Study.com (some are NCCRS, some are ACE, some are both, some are UL through NCCRS but LL through ACE):
ACC 303: Cost Accounting
BUS 209: Mentoring & Leadership Dev in the Workplace
BUS 307: Leadership and Organizational Behavior
BUS 308: Globalization and International Management
BUS 310: Advanced Business Ethics
BUS 312: Advanced Operations Management
BUS 314: Employment Law (2cr)
BUS 315: Logistics and Supply Chain Management
BUS 323: Organizational Theory
HOSP 301: Hospitality Marketing
ENGL 305: Advanced Technical Writing
SCI 102: Principles of Physical Science
EDU 103: Classroom Management
EDU 104: Differentiated Instruction
EDU 105: Special Education History & Law
HIS 306: The American Civil War Era
HIS 308: Causes & Effects of the Vietnam War
PSY 312: History & Systems of Psychology
NURS 301: Nursing Informatics

Lumerit Education:
Leadership & Management Communication
Leadership Theory & Practice

Penn Foster has a ton (18 by my last count)

Propero:
Intro to Finance
Principles of Marketing

Sophia: Project Management

Then there are self-paced courses from RA schools that start at around $500/course and go up.

Whatever you decide, you need to talk to EC first. Get the pre-approved (or whatever it is they do there). And double-check the ACE and NCCRS databases for expiration dates, especially for Penn Foster, but really anything.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Thanks for all the great information. I didn't know TESU was supported more by the forums. I thought Excelsior would be easier. It looks like TESU is more flexible, but I kind of like Excelsior. I think it is because it was my previous platform of choice. I find it hard to let go and switch once I am adapted to something.
(12-12-2017, 11:59 PM)MrBossmanJr Wrote: Thanks for all the great information. I didn't know TESU was supported more by the forums. I thought Excelsior would be easier. It looks like TESU is more flexible, but I kind of like Excelsior. I think it is because it was my previous platform of choice. I find it hard to let go and switch once I am adapted to something.

I think (but am not certain) that EC allows business courses in their BALS, but don't quote me on that.

EC requires a lot more UL coursework than TESU, so it's harder to get for that reason only.  Especially if you want to use Study.com, SL, etc.
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Sorry, it will not upload the 2013 EC file on using Exams.  The upload feature is quirky. Call your advisor to see if Excelsior still has the 12 DSST Exams as UL.
Non-Traditional Undergraduate College Credits (634 SH): *FTCC Noncourse Credits (156 SH) *DSST (78 SH) *CPL (64 SH) *JST Military/ACE (48 SH) *CBA (44 SH) *CLEP (42 SH) *FEMA IS (40 SH) *FEMA EM (38 SH) *ECE/UExcel (30 SH) *PLA Portfolio (28 SH) *EMI/ACE (19 SH) *TEEX/ACE (16 SH) *CWE (11 SH) *NFA/ACE (10 SH) *Kaplan/ACE (3 SH) *CPC (2 SH) *AICP/ACE (2 SH) *Sophia/ACE (2 SH) and *FRTI-UM/ACE (1 SH).
Non-Traditional Graduate College Credits (14 SH): AMU (6 SH); NFHS (5 SH); and JSU (3 SH).

(12-12-2017, 01:01 AM)MrBossmanJr Wrote: Sounds like a dumb question, but how hard is it to obtain upper level credits. I need 21 UL credits and I was hoping for an easy way to do them. I've never used Study.com, Straighterline, or any of those other ones. I don't want to test out of them as well as I have a poor history of test taking.

I took  2 UL DSST exam's which were Civil War and Soviet Union. I passed the exams with no problems. I'm not a great test taker either, but I am an even worse writer and did not want to go through all those classes and write all those papers. So testing out was the easiest and quickest way for me.
With all the feedback and IC cards, you will do just fine on those tests!! I go to EC and this is what I had to do because all I had left was to get UL credits.
Give it a shot!!!! I did. 6 easy UL credits
[-] The following 1 user Likes radconjohn's post:
  • Life Long Learning
There's free retakes for DSST exams through 1/31, too...

http://getcollegecredit.com/assets/pdf/D...d-shot.pdf
Up next:  WGU MSCSIA - Early 2023
Dropped:  WGU MSITM - Wasn't my cup of tea
Completed:  WGU BSCSIA (started 10/1/2018, finished 01/11/2019), Pierpont BOG AAS (5/2018)
Journey Thread (MSITM): https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...TM-Journey
Journey Thread (BS):  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ersecurity
Degree Spreadsheet (BS):  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/attachm...p?aid=2602

[-] The following 1 user Likes quigongene's post:
  • Life Long Learning
I don't do well on tests. I'm afraid of wasting money on exams. I think I am going to try the TESU route if it is easier.
TESU just confirmed that any of the Study.com courses that aren't UL through ACE or NCCRS won't be considered UL any longer after 12/31/17. So it will get a bit harder to get some of those UL credits.

But it is still easier than EC.

Edit: I see that I have a degree plan that I created for you on Nov 22 of this year, you already have all of the UL credits you need. Based on the degree plan, you had 93cr, and it looks like you've completed a few more. You only needed 8 gen ed courses plus the capstone at that point. Why did you think EC would be easier than that??
Oh yeah, I have that saved. Thanks for that by the way. In about three days, I will have GEO114, SOC101, and HIS101 done. In addition, I finished the free course called Developing Teamwork or something like that from Shoomp or whatever it is called. I'm starting Spring 2018 semester at Temple University, and I was wondering if Physics 101 & lab and Calculus 1 would transfer into that GenEd TESU requirement. Moreover, would my engineering courses transfer over?

EDIT: I'm trying to mix-and-match because I really want to finish my Electrical Engineering degree, but I want a bachelor's degree in anything before that.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU transcript audit says 13 required credits through TESU? Rteurowise 8 2,102 09-05-2018, 01:43 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU "Overflow" Credits mysonx3 5 2,258 08-31-2018, 01:24 AM
Last Post: Merlin
  Charter Oak (COSC) maximum credits from one source nosey561 1 1,685 08-30-2018, 10:39 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Are there any Shmoop courses that Charter Oak will accept as upper level? nosey561 2 2,079 08-30-2018, 05:55 PM
Last Post: nosey561
  Study.com College Credits UnbreakablyDetermined 2 1,831 08-27-2018, 05:44 PM
Last Post: allvia
  Need one more BALS Upper Level badooble 12 3,075 07-28-2018, 08:22 AM
Last Post: quigongene
  Credits Giantzebra 5 1,599 07-23-2018, 12:50 AM
  Second Bachelor BALS with concentration with the 24 new credits rule posabsolute 1 1,372 07-22-2018, 11:30 PM
  EC now accepting FEMA credits Exfactor 6 2,791 06-29-2018, 10:32 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  Please Review My Credits & Help Me Choose a Degree Plan warriortaupou 4 1,418 05-17-2018, 11:38 PM
Last Post: warriortaupou