Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CFP® + ChFC® + TESU Acceptance Email
Update for the board.

I just received word that my FINRA Licenses (Series 7 & 65) were evaluated for credit.  I am so glad I did.  Apparently they re-evaluated these credits with my ChFC course work.  I am now completely finished the 18 credits needed in Finance. :Smile  I almost can't believe it!  With a 3.632 GPA!  

As you know the evaluation tool doesn't really cut and paste well, so I listed below how they completed it, plus a screen shot pasted to a word document for verification.

Group I (300/400) - Need 12 Credits here.
Credits   Name                                  TESU Course #     Inst. Course #       Inst.                      Year Earned     Grade
3           Financial Inst. and Mrkts.       FIN-331               Series 7                FINRA                    2000               CR
3           Special Topics in Financ         FIN-399               Series 65               FINRA                    2015               CR
2           Fund of Insurance Planning    INS-303               HS311                  American College     2016               A
2           Fundls of Estate Planning       INS-341               HS330                  American College     2017               A
2            Investments                        INS-321               HS328                  American College     2017               B

Group 2 - need 6 credits here
Credits   Name                                      TESU Course #     Inst. Course #       Inst.                      Year Earned     Grade
2           Planning for Retirement Needs   BUS-228               HS326                  American College     2017               A
2           Fincl Planning Proc Envrn           FIN-399               HS300                  American College     2016               B
1.33      Apps in Financial Planning II       FIN-399               HS319                  American College     2017               B
1.33      Apps in Financial Planning I        FIN-399               HS314                  American College     2017               B

If anyone out there is going for a Finance Degree and has the FINRA Licenses and CFP and or ChFC coursework done, you are closer than you think!

Have a great weekend!
Gloddy

Attached Files
.docx   Finance - Complete.docx (Size: 49.01 KB / Downloads: 7)
(02-02-2018, 07:20 PM)Gloddy Wrote: Update for the board.

I just received word that my FINRA Licenses (Series 7 & 65) were evaluated for credit.  I am so glad I did.  Apparently they re-evaluated these credits with my ChFC course work.  I am now completely finished the 18 credits needed in Finance. :Smile  I almost can't believe it!  With a 3.632 GPA!  

As you know the evaluation tool doesn't really cut and paste well, so I listed below how they completed it, plus a screen shot pasted to a word document for verification.

Credits   Name                                  TESU Course #     Inst. Course #       Inst.                      Year Earned     Grade
3           Financial Inst. and Mrkts.       FIN-331               Series 7                FINRA                    2000               CR
3           Special Topics in Financ         FIN-399               Series 65               FINRA                    2015               CR
2           Fund of Insurance Planning    INS-303               HS311                  American College     2016               A
2           Fundls of Estate Planning       INS-341               HS330                  American College     2017               A
2            Investments                        INS-321               HS328                  American College     2017               B

Credits   Name                                      TESU Course #     Inst. Course #       Inst.                      Year Earned     Grade
2           Planning for Retirement Needs   BUS-228               HS326                  American College     2017               A
2           Fincl Planning Proc Envrn           FIN-399               HS300                  American College     2016               B
1.33      Apps in Financial Planning II       FIN-399               HS319                  American College     2017               B
1.33      Apps in Financial Planning I        FIN-399               HS314                  American College     2017               B

If anyone out there is going for a Finance Degree and has the FINRA Licenses and CFP and or ChFC coursework done, you are closer than you think!

Have a great weekend!
Gloddy

And so many UL too!  That's awesome!
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • Gloddy
That is pretty awesome, haha. Great work. Have you decided on how to proceed with your remaining credits?
There's CLEP from ModernStates if you're close to a testing center. If not, then SL/Study.com would work too.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • Gloddy
(02-02-2018, 08:58 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: That is pretty awesome, haha.  Great work.  Have you decided on how to proceed with your remaining credits?
There's CLEP from ModernStates if you're close to a testing center.  If not, then SL/Study.com would work too.

I am actively working through other courses on study.com.

You have posted help for me along with dfrecore.  I can't thank you both enough.  I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Have a great weekend!
Gloddy

How long after passing a FINRA Exam, specifically the Series 65, is a "transcript" or the equivalent available?  What is the process to get that info to TESU?

Thanks for the help.
(02-06-2018, 12:48 PM)Rf10 Wrote:

Have a great weekend!
Gloddy

How long after passing a FINRA Exam, specifically the Series 65, is a "transcript" or the equivalent available?  What is the process to get that info to TESU?

Thanks for the help.

I believe it is available as soon as you can see it at brokercheck.finra.org.
Here is the information from TESU's site.  I just filled out the form and faxed it in. A person from FINRA called to tell me that I could get this myself and I explained that it had to come from them.  He said "no problem, I will put it int he mail today."

How do I get started?
  • Submit documentation of successful completion
    Students should download and complete the Letter to Request a FINRA Score Report found on the Web CRD/IARD Snapshot Request Form at http://www.finra.org/file/web-crdiard-sn...quest-form. When completing the request, please indicate that you would like your Snapshot mailed directly to Thomas Edison State University, Office of the Registrar, 111 West State Street, Trenton, NJ 08608. Submit completed and signed request forms to FINRA. FINRA will then mail a copy of your Snapshot to the University.
(02-07-2018, 01:18 PM)Gloddy Wrote:
(02-06-2018, 12:48 PM)Rf10 Wrote:

Have a great weekend!
Gloddy

Thanks for the help.

I believe it is available as soon as you can see it at brokercheck.finra.org.
Here is the information from TESU's site.  I just filled out the form and faxed it in. A person from FINRA called to tell me that I could get this myself and I explained that it had to come from them.  He said "no problem, I will put it int he mail today."

How do I get started?
  • Submit documentation of successful completion
    Students should download and complete the Letter to Request a FINRA Score Report found on the Web CRD/IARD Snapshot Request Form at http://www.finra.org/file/web-crdiard-sn...quest-form. When completing the request, please indicate that you would like your Snapshot mailed directly to Thomas Edison State University, Office of the Registrar, 111 West State Street, Trenton, NJ 08608. Submit completed and signed request forms to FINRA. FINRA will then mail a copy of your Snapshot to the University.

Thanks a lot.  This is really helpful information and much appreciated.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,975 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,659 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,102 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,636 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,729 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,341 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,586 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,321 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,373 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,858 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore