Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Does Study.Com Proctored Tests Work and Study.Com Question?
Cheers,

Hi Mates. I Just STarted Finishing Up Some Study.Com Courses And I'm Going To Start Taking One Exam A Week Starting January 2nd. Are The Exams Exactly Like Straighterline.com Where There Is A Person Watching You The Entire Time on Proctor U And I Have To Pay $8 Per Exam?? Just Want To Know What I'm Getting Involved In.

It Looks Like I Need To Get 60% Or Greater On Each Exam To Pass The Courses. Would The Entitle To A lot Of Study Time In Your Opinion Of People What Have Taken Exams There Before?

Any Tips On Studying For the Exams? I Planned On Just STudying Their Flash Cards They Provide Within The Course.

Thanks For Any Tips. I'm Very Stressful.

Cheers Mates.
There isn't a person watching, but everything is recorded. There is no additional cost.
Up next:  WGU MSCSIA - Early 2023
Dropped:  WGU MSITM - Wasn't my cup of tea
Completed:  WGU BSCSIA (started 10/1/2018, finished 01/11/2019), Pierpont BOG AAS (5/2018)
Journey Thread (MSITM): https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...TM-Journey
Journey Thread (BS):  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ersecurity
Degree Spreadsheet (BS):  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/attachm...p?aid=2602

(12-15-2017, 12:10 PM)irishrose Wrote: Cheers,

Hi Mates. I Just STarted Finishing Up Some Study.Com Courses And I'm Going To Start Taking One Exam A Week Starting January 2nd. Are The Exams Exactly Like Straighterline.com Where There Is A Person Watching You The Entire Time on Proctor U And I Have To Pay $8 Per Exam?? Just Want To Know What I'm Getting Involved In.

It Looks Like I Need To Get 60% Or Greater On Each Exam To Pass The Courses. Would The Entitle To A lot Of Study Time In Your Opinion Of People What Have Taken Exams There Before?

Any Tips On Studying For the Exams? I Planned On Just STudying Their Flash Cards They Provide Within The Course.

Thanks For Any Tips. I'm Very Stressful.

Cheers Mates.

The questions on the tests are just like the questions on the quizzes, so if you did fine with those, you'll have no issues with the final.  Try taking the practice finals if you're really worried.  From the fact that you need a 60%, I'm guessing you didn't get 100% on all of the quizzes.  I tend to retake all of my quizzes until I get 100%.  This does two things: it helps me reinforce the knowledge on the questions I missed by making me rewatch the video or reread the transcripts to figure out what I answered incorrectly, and if you have 100% on all of the quizzes, you only need a 56% to pass the final.

In regards to extra costs, the College Accelerator program allows you to take two free exams per month.  If you want to take additional exams in a given month, it will cost you around $70 for each additional test you take. By the way, no one is actively watching you on the final exams, but they do record you. Since StraighterLine uses live proctors, you generally get your exam results immediately. Since Study.com doesn't use live proctors, it can take up to two weeks (though generally only 2-3 business days) for them to review the video recording to ensure you didn't cheat before they post your final grade.

Good luck!
John L. Watson
Earned: WGU: BS-NOS (2019), WGU: MS-CSIA (2021)
Current Programs: UC: PhD in InfoSec (2025), AMA: DIT (2024), ENEB: MBA (2023)
Exam Priority: CEH (Practical), PMP, CISA, CISM
Future Plans: TBD - maybe an MS in Cannabis Science & Business, sounds like fun!
LinkedIn
Omni Transcript
Credly Badges
[-] The following 2 users Like jamshid666's post:
  • GizmoJack, Yenisei
But you do know your score immediately. If you know you only need 60% you'll know if you passed or not. I always added them to ACE immediately and they cleared about the same time as I got the email and sometimes even before the dashboard updated.
MTS             Nations University - September 2018
BA.LS.SS     Thomas Edison State University -September 2017
Cheers. Good Stuff Mates.

I Have Taken The 3 Practice Final Exams Each One Of My Courses Offer. I've Printed Out The Results And Will Study Those Questions More.

Has ANyone Noticed. Are Some Of The Questions On The Practice Final Exams Word For Word On The Final Proctored Exams??

Cheers.
They pull the final questions and practice exams verbatim from the study questions. Don't over-think it too much. If you do well on the practice final (I always take it twice just to be sure and so that I see two separate sets of practice questions), you will do fine! Don't put more work into it that is necessary. Smile
Amy
Goal: BA in English at TESU
Completed: 78 B&M credits plus:
Institutes: Ethics
Study.com: Personal Finance, History of the Vietnam War, English Comp I, Intro World Religions, Public Speaking, Intro to Humanities
Shmoop: Bible as Literature, Shakespeare's Plays, Women's Lit, Modernist Lit, Holocaust Lit
TECEP: Technical Writing
(12-19-2017, 04:50 PM)originalamyj Wrote: They pull the final questions and practice exams verbatim from the study questions. Don't over-think it too much. If you do well on the practice final (I always take it twice just to be sure and so that I see two separate sets of practice questions), you will do fine! Don't put more work into it that is necessary. Smile
Do they tell you what questions you missed and can you review your old test? When it comes to the final being proctored being recorded, do they take control of computer like ProcU or? 
Thanks
[/quote]
Do they tell you what questions you missed and can you review your old test? When it comes to the final being proctored being recorded, do they take control of computer like ProcU or? 
Thanks
[/quote]

JUST got out of my first study.com final. No way to review that I saw. There is no one there. You go through all the same sort of steps like PU, then upload it as a package for later review.
Angel 
Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Studies Thomas Edison State University 2018
Cert in Emergency Management -
Three Rivers CC 2017
Cert in Basic Police Ed - Walters State CC 1996

Current Goal: new job
Working on: securing funding I don't have to pay back for a Masters.
Up Next: Toying with Masters Programs
Finished: First Degree

Older Experience with: PLA / Portfolios, RPNow, Proctor U, ACE, NCCRS, DAVAR Academy (formerly Tor), Straighterline, TESU, Ed4Credit, Study.com, The Institutes, Kaplan, ALEKS, FEMA IS, NFA IS, brick & mortar community colleges, LOTS of vocational schools...

My list of academic courses:
link

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 39,382 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,493 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,773 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 612 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 327 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
  Is the Introduction to Religion REL 101 proctored exam at Straighterline open book? Breaachh 2 274 02-16-2024, 10:49 PM
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 969 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Question Promo Codes, SL vs Sophia Breaachh 11 691 02-11-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: Breaachh
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,815 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 553 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle