Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(please Help) -how, where to start- i am depressed
how and from where to start,,, need more than 40 credits... i just have these options... i don`t have much experience,,i finished high school 7 years now, so i don`t remember much. by the way i work in the medical field,, don`t ask me why i need those credits cause it`s a long story.. i have to take minimum one in each group and i have to take physics with lab. is it possible to clep all of them.

1) please tell me which one to start with and which one follow..
2) How long is it gonna take to finish 40 credits,, years?

A. HUMANITIES
1. Speech or Oral Communication
2. Foreign Language
3. Literature
4. Art
5. Music
6. Native Language

B. PHYSICAL SCIENCES
1. Physics with laboratory (required)
2. Geology
3. Astronomy

C. BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES:
1. Biology
2. Anatomy
3. Physiology
4. Zoology
5. Kinesiology
6. Neuroscience
7. Genetics

D. SOCIAL SCIENCES:
1. History
2. Geography
3. Sociology
4. Economics
5. Religion
6. Political Science

E. BEHAVIORAL SCIENCES:
1. Psychology
2. Anthropology
3. Philosophy
4. Ethics

F. MATHEMATICS
1. Statistics
2. Algebra
3. Pre-Calculus
4. Calculus
5. Trigonometry
6. Geometry
I tested out of 54 credits in 4 months and if I can do it, anyone can! So be encouraged and know that you can do it. 40 credits is very doable!

What degree are you going for? Also, have you decided on the school yet? IMO, Excelsior has the most flexible liberal arts bachelor's program to complete.
Anne,
Next up: SPHR Exam again, missed it by 50 pts first attempt....:eek:
BS Liberal Arts - Excelsior College, MBA/HRM - Northcentral University

[SIZE="1"]Check a New Dreams & Goals Discussion Forum at http://www.getwettodayforum.com[/SIZE]
i am not applying for school,, i need them for work purposes, and i have to take them.. i read a lot of successful stories here, that`a why i am asking for your help guys... step by step.
This forum can sometimes be intimidating after reading many of the success stories, but when I got started and got involved I learned that I could also pass these exams.

I would first start by reading Exam Resources in this thread: http://www.instantcertonline.com/forums/...sking.html

Then I would look at grouping exams, starting with the first exam in Group1. (Taking advantaged of like material thereby earning additional credits)
You can find grouping exams in this thread: http://www.instantcertonline.com/forums/...t=grouping

I wish you all the best, and Welcome!
Passed CLEP & DSST, Principles of Marketing, Principles of Management, Principles of Supervision, Human Resource Management, Here's To Your Health, Civil War & Reconstruction, Drugs & Alcohol Abuse, Introduction To Psychology, Introduction To Sociology, Rise and Fall of the Soviet Union, Criminal Justice, Into to Law Enforcement, Astronomy, Environment and Humanity, Technical Writing, Foundations of Education, Western Europe Since 1945, DSST Organization Behavior, ECE Ethics: Theory & Practice, Intro to Business, ECE Abnormal Psychology, ECE World Population, ECE Psychology of Adulthood and Aging, Fundamentals of Counseling
Welcome! You came to the right place. First question, you said you need these for work- you must find out if your work will accept CLEP credits. Second, if you are getting them anyway, why not grab a degree? If you complete 40 credits for your job, thats only a few classes (or exams) shy of an associate degree. Just a thought! Finally, of the classes you typed out, do you know which ones you need, and specifically how many credits they are?
Definately make sure CLEPs are accepted - like Jennifer said. You could check out the college board website -- maybe print some information out for your boss. ?? (Collegeboard.com)

If that checks out -- hhmmm... that humanities category might be a starting place. I'm not sure if the Analyzing and Interpreting Literature test would fit that category... That would be a good test. Social Science category: There's a Social Science and History CLEP that's 6 credits....

For CLEP/DANTE tests -- all you really need is the ability to study and take tests. Don't worry about being out of school for 7 years. YOU CAN DO IT!!
Have you considered FEMA for some quick and dirty college credits?

Worth considering IMO - and stupid easy.

Greg
clepste Wrote:how and from where to start,,, need more than 40 credits... i just have these options... i don`t have much experience,,i finished high school 7 years now, so i don`t remember much. by the way i work in the medical field,, don`t ask me why i need those credits cause it`s a long story.. i have to take minimum one in each group and i have to take physics with lab. is it possible to clep all of them.

1) please tell me which one to start with and which one follow..
2) How long is it gonna take to finish 40 credits,, years?

A. HUMANITIES
1. Speech or Oral Communication
2. Foreign Language
3. Literature
4. Art
5. Music
6. Native Language

B. PHYSICAL SCIENCES
1. Physics with laboratory (required)
2. Geology
3. Astronomy

C. BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES:
1. Biology
2. Anatomy
3. Physiology
4. Zoology
5. Kinesiology
6. Neuroscience
7. Genetics

D. SOCIAL SCIENCES:
1. History
2. Geography
3. Sociology
4. Economics
5. Religion
6. Political Science

E. BEHAVIORAL SCIENCES:
1. Psychology
2. Anthropology
3. Philosophy
4. Ethics

F. MATHEMATICS
1. Statistics
2. Algebra
3. Pre-Calculus
4. Calculus
5. Trigonometry
6. Geometry

Considering your college accepts, I would take:

1. Clep Analyzing & Interpreting Lit - 6 credits
2. Dantes Astonomy - 3 credits
3. Biology - 3 credits
4. Sociology - 3 Credits
5. Clep Psychology -3 Credits
6. Dantes Ethics - 3 credits
7. Dantes Anthropology - 3 credits
8. Dantes Statistics - 3 credits (this is only based on my person failure of the dantes algebra - but from what I have read Instantcert helps a lot.)
9. Dante's World Religions - 3 credits

This is 30 credits right there, and then maybe the history 1 and 11 cleps. Your physics with lab at a university is the unknown as to how many credits you will get. From what I have read and done, these all seem doable and if you read the instantcert forums, it will help guide you.

I've been able to do 76 credits in less than 2 months, but I study non-stop. AND I used 15 FEMA credits which does not appear to be an option for you. Even so, if you plot out a strategy, group some together like psych and sociology, etc.... it will not take you years to do. If you schedule one a week or every other week it is still months, not years.
thank you guys for your reply and support,, i can just CLEP ,, i can not DSST or FEMA, although i don`t know what`s the difference.
DSST and FEMA are also tests for college credit.
See if your work will take them Smile
Sheena

[SIZE="1"]Exams so far:
DSST - Intro to Computing (62), Elementary College Algebra (58), World Religion (435), Principles of Public Speaking (failed)
CLEP - Intro to Sociology (61), Intro to Psychology (68),CLEP - College Algebra (57)
ECE- Lifespan Developmental Psychology (B), Anatomy and Physiology (B), Microbiology (B)

Currently Studying : Foundations of Gerontology 12/6, American History I 12/20, Freshman College Composition 12/20[/SIZE]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad Does anyone else hate waiting for the next term to start? fromthedepths 9 773 06-26-2023, 02:20 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  When does six months for TADA start? natshar 2 629 03-06-2023, 06:32 AM
Last Post: xianbd
  Stressed & Depressed - today’s high school students Vle045 8 1,068 12-09-2021, 08:40 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  New to this, where to start? saskgui 9 1,511 08-25-2021, 02:44 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
Information I need an online, RA, 3 sem unit, CHEAP course with an OPEN start date. vanglorious 12 2,415 05-15-2020, 08:49 PM
Last Post: natshar
  WHERE TO START FROM Bahadar 3 1,536 10-22-2019, 09:27 AM
Last Post: Imbanewbie
  Any "Start From Scratch" members willing to share their journey? Idreamofadegree 23 4,830 07-05-2019, 08:55 AM
Last Post: cookderosa
  I really need some help on where to start Lifewillbegood 4 1,527 02-26-2019, 09:04 AM
Last Post: allvia
  Overwhelmed Newbie! Where to start? CiggyTardust 15 3,246 01-08-2019, 11:05 AM
Last Post: mysonx3
  15% and 50% who start college finish with BS. Life Long Learning 7 1,763 12-17-2018, 09:37 PM
Last Post: Ideas