Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
GRE Subject Tests
Unfortunately, it seems like Charter Oak may not offer credit for the GRE exams anymore.
There is nothing on their website anymore about GRE credit.
https://www.charteroak.edu/catalog/curre...values.pdf
It is no longer on here like it used to be.
(07-16-2020, 05:22 PM)sciencemathematics1 Wrote: Unfortunately, it seems like Charter Oak may not offer credit for the GRE exams anymore.
There is nothing on their website anymore about GRE credit.
https://www.charteroak.edu/catalog/curre...values.pdf
It is no longer on here like it used to be.

I asked COSC about this and they replied
"Thank you for your inquiry about GRE Exams.  Please see our Master List of Exams for those that transfer in to Charter Oak."

THIS  link they sent me to exams has GRE Subject tests for Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science (I think no longer), English Literature, Psychology, Mathematics, and Physics.

As of now they may be re-evaluating, who knows.
(07-16-2020, 10:06 PM)graduatesoon Wrote: I asked COSC about this and they replied
"Thank you for your inquiry about GRE Exams.  Please see our Master List of Exams for those that transfer in to Charter Oak."

THIS  link they sent me to exams has GRE Subject tests for Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science (I think no longer), English Literature, Psychology, Mathematics, and Physics.

As of now they may be re-evaluating, who knows.

From reading the URL, they sent you the 2019-2020 (last year) link. guess the person who sent that wasn't paying attention?? or didn't realize??? COSC is now in the new catalog for 2020-21 and GRE is not there anymore.
TESU: BALS June 2021 (comm college, clep, sdc sophia coopersmith, SOS110, and capstone)

To confirm that they are indeed no longer offering GRE exam credit, I emailed them just to be sure and they said "As of july 1st, 2020, we no longer accept the GRE exams for credit".

The only college which still offers GRE credit is SUNY Empire State College.

I wonder if there would be any way to use the GRE exams in a prior learning assessment (PLA) to gain any credit for classes.
[-] The following 3 users Like sciencemathematics1's post:
  • bluebooger, P226mem, Pikachu
(07-17-2020, 11:32 AM)sciencemathematics1 Wrote: I wonder if there would be any way to use the GRE exams in a prior learning assessment (PLA) to gain any credit for classes.

ANY learning you do makes it possible to do a PLA - so I'm not sure why you would take the GRE when it doesn't count?  Just self-study, learn the material, and do a PLA.

Or come up with other easier ways to get credit.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Un-stickying this thread because it is no longer applicable for today's students. So long, GRE, you were nice while you lasted.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  IT and Privacy Pro Tests Ashenwelt 13 2,564 02-11-2019, 11:35 AM
Last Post: jsd