Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Smile Straighterline transcribe - Anatomy & Physiology w/lab????

Hello everyone,
    I was wondering if anyone has taken Anatomy & Physiology I with Lab from Straighterline, and how was it?

Also, does anyone know of a school that will transcribe it into a letter grade and not just pass/fail??? Per their site, a few colleges they have connections with will but upon checking those, there wasn't any mention of that particular course being accepted.

Thank you for all responses.

Default straighterline A&P with lab

Im doing it now. Im on chapter 8.. email me.. for info
    Rob
    romstead@me.com

If either of you find a school issuing a letter grade, please include it here- that's going to be very helpful for pre-health career students. Thansk!!
    Jennifer
    10 year member

MS Nutrition, 2014 Canisius College, Buffalo, NY
    BA Social Science, 2008 Thomas Edison State University, Trenton, NJ
    AA General Studies, 2008 Thomas Edison State University, Trenton, NJ
    AOS Culinary Arts,1990 Culinary Institute of America, Hyde Park, NY

Homeschooling for College Credit (blog)
    Homeschooling for College Credit (book)

I am taking A&P I and II without lab right now. I'm 70% done with A&P I.
    I wonder what the lab involves? I hope they don't ship a body for you to dissect
    BSBA CIS from TESC, BA Natural Science/Math from TESC
    MBA Applied Computer Science from NCU
    Enrolled at NCU in the PhD Applied Computer Science

Default straighterline A&P Lab

I am doing the Lab for A&P-1 ,I paid 280.00 for the kit with shipping. it comes with everything you need. and a good support system for help. I am on chapter 8 in the book but have not done any labs yet.. I will let you know how it goes.. the kit includes a sheep brain. cow eye and fetal pig as well as a few chemicals and tools to get the the lab done... looks very doable.
    Rob

Default Still no grade?

So I take it that no one has had this course transcribed for a letter grade yet.

Please if anyone knows for sure what college is giving a letter grade for this course please let us know. I would love to take both of these, but I would need to know where I could transfer it as a letter grade.

EC told me it was a P/F.. clas for them.. but they would take the credits and apply them to my AS in Nursing...I have all my online testing done for AP-1 and only 2 left for AP-2 .,. but I am doing the labs now for AP-1.. taking more time than had hoped. but very doable.. lots of busy work..most of the links to upload the work sheet/ lab work sheets. were broken. but they are working on it. should be fixed soon.. as they give you some work sheets but no way to upload them to your corse advisor.. should be done soon..

R.

Default Letter grades

OK, as far as letter grades for A&P with Lab, this web page shows which 4 schools will give letter grades in direct transfer for Straighterline courses (Fort Hayes ends giving grades on 9/1/11).

College Transfer Credits Process - StraighterLine

Furthermore, of these 4, only Charter Oak will give credit for A&P with Lab, as shown on the following page.

Transfer College Credits To Charter Oak State College - StraighterLine

So now the question is... will Excelsior or TESC give you credit for the units transcribed at Charter Oak? I thought there had been an issue with this before.

I am sure other colleges will give you course credit, but will Excelsior or TESC transcribe it after Charter Oak has?

Default Don't think so

I don't think you can use Charter Oak to do what you want. The Registrar at Charter Oak told me "the credits are identified on the transcript as transfer from StraighterLine." I think FHSU was the only "credit laundering" service available.

I believe EC or TESC would also identify the credits at SL, however I would love for someone to prove me wrong. I guess one could pay $400 to Charter Oak and find out.

Quote Originally Posted by addision
    OK, as far as letter grades for A&P with Lab, this web page shows which 4 schools will give letter grades in direct transfer for Straighterline courses (Fort Hayes ends giving grades on 9/1/11).

College Transfer Credits Process - StraighterLine

Furthermore, of these 4, only Charter Oak will give credit for A&P with Lab, as shown on the following page.

Transfer College Credits To Charter Oak State College - StraighterLine

So now the question is... will Excelsior or TESC give you credit for the units transcribed at Charter Oak? I thought there had been an issue with this before.

I am sure other colleges will give you course credit, but will Excelsior or TESC transcribe it after Charter Oak has?
    My favorite search engine google.com

Ready for your CLEP exam?

Study for your exam using the same CLEP Study Guides used by thousands of members of this discussion forum!

Quote Originally Posted by jobee
    I don't think you can use Charter Oak to do what you want. The Registrar at Charter Oak told me "the credits are identified on the transcript as transfer from StraighterLine." I think FHSU was the only "credit laundering" service available.

I believe EC or TESC would also identify the credits at SL, however I would love for someone to prove me wrong. I guess one could pay $400 to Charter Oak and find out.

no you're right. TESC absolutely will not bring in a letter grade from ANY transfer credit, SL or otherwise. I had several colleges (local) that I took courses at while enrolled at TESC in addition to my TESC courses and exams, I busted my rear to earn "A's" only to have them all roll in as CR. Nothing launders into TESC.

What would be the REAL GEM is to find a college that issues a letter grade for this class- not for the purposes of getting a grade at your home college, but rather for the purpose of health career admissions requirements. Most nursing/EMT/RadTec/PT/etc... type of programs have very very different entrance requirements than other programs- they are a different application and are generally NOT open enrollment (even though they may be housed in a community college that is an open enrollment institution). These programs are usually competitive and will use your graded credits to rank your application. In this case, a grade of "CR" could come in as a "C" (depends on the school) and that might be enough to knock you out of the running. 8 credits (API&IIw/lab) at a C isn't good enough- it's not unusual for pre-nursing students to re-take with a B in either course.

So, in my case, I took my pre-nursing sciences with Ocean Community College. They were graded credits, and had no trouble with my applications. Where I would have ended up enrolling would still bring them in as a CR (like TESC) and it wouldn't have been part of my new program's GPA, the point is having a competitive GPA on your application, and in that case, you only need the grade once. Now that Ft Hays is out, we need to locate a new college to grade this sequence.

**for people simply taking these for natural science credit this is irrelevant
    Jennifer
    10 year member

MS Nutrition, 2014 Canisius College, Buffalo, NY
    BA Social Science, 2008 Thomas Edison State University, Trenton, NJ
    AA General Studies, 2008 Thomas Edison State University, Trenton, NJ
    AOS Culinary Arts,1990 Culinary Institute of America, Hyde Park, NY

Homeschooling for College Credit (blog)
    Homeschooling for College Credit (book)