Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Test out of cosc cyber security

Hi, I have a quick question....can you test out of cyber security from COSC? I am finally going to get an evaluation and start on classes, and I figure it looks a little more useful to someone in a technical field than a bsba (just need a bachelors, being something technical is just a plus).

Also looked at BSBA CIS from Thomas Edison. I just need a bachelor's for some future positions, and if they are technical-related at all, it will be better for me. My math skills are sub-par so all the field requiring physics are out. I plan to start taking math on the side, so maybe that will change, but for now I will focus on the requirements for these two degrees. Thanks!
    Last edited by icampy; 09-30-2016 at 08:40 AM.

You should review this thread from a member who just completed this degree: http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior...ty-update.html
    I don't know what the future holds, but I know Who holds the future.

So it's looking like I would have to take a couple of charter oak classes to finish this degree, can't test out fully.

Charter Oak requires Cornerstone and Capstone courses be taken there.
    Andy

---------------------------------

TESC - BSBA: CIS

Current Degree Plan
    Complete: TECEP Eng Comp I, Marriage and Family, Strategic Management, Networking, Computer Concepts, Liberal Math, Tech Writing DSST MIS, Cybersecurity
    Remaining: Macroeconomics, Managerial Accounting

I can't find equivalent courses for the required ones, UL mostly.

CLEP and DSST are unfortunately out of the question, being hundreds of miles from testing centers.

Quote Originally Posted by icampy View Post
    I can't find equivalent courses for the required ones, UL mostly.

CLEP and DSST are unfortunately out of the question, being hundreds of miles from testing centers.
    I'd take the long trip to take a couple of tests before I paid for courses from COSC or TESU. You should be able to do at least two in one trip.
    Accepted to Georgia Tech's Online MSCS program for Fall 2016.
    TESU BA Comp Sci completed. 51 units completed in 20 months.
    TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Intro to Anthro, Pers Fin, Intro Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)
    PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?

I don't know about COSC, but you can definitely test out of TESU's BSBA in CIS, without any CLEP or DSST exams.
    WVNCC - A.A.S. - 5/2017
    TESU BSBA in HR
    (in progress) - 112cr, only 3 more classes to go...
    GGU Certificate in Management - 2000

TECEP - Technical Writing 84% (3cr), English Comp II 79% (3cr), Applied LibArts Math 90% (3cr), Public Relations 70% (3cr), Computers 75% (3cr)
    DSST - Intro to Computers/437 (3cr), Prin of Pers Finance/458 (3cr) - 2011 CLEP - Management/69 (3cr UL), Marketing/67 (3cr UL) - 2011

Ed4Credit
    - Accounting II 85% (3cr) Penn Foster - Financial Management 92% (3cr UL) ALEKS - Int Alg (3cr) - 2011, College Algebra (3cr) - 2015 Sophia - Project Management 85% (3cr UL) - 2015 Insurance Inst. of America - Ethics 72% (2cr) - 2015 Kaplan PLA (3cr) - 2015 Add'l ACE Credits (5cr UL) - 2000

Palomar College
    - Organizational Theory (3cr) - 2015 Mission College (36cr) - 92-98 Golden Gate Univ (12cr UL, 3cr LL) - 98-00 San Jose State Univ (12cr UL, 9cr LL) - 88-89

I am working on the COSC General Studies / Information Systems Studies major, mostly because I had a bunch of credits that transferred over.

The requirements are more general than the cyber security major so there may be more test out options, unfortunately I don't know what all of the options are.

Thanks guys.

Ready for your CLEP exam?

Study for your exam using the same CLEP Study Guides used by thousands of members of this discussion forum!

Quote Originally Posted by edwardfurlong View Post
    I am working on the COSC General Studies / Information Systems Studies major, mostly because I had a bunch of credits that transferred over.

The requirements are more general than the cyber security major so there may be more test out options, unfortunately I don't know what all of the options are.
    What will your transcript and actual diploma say on it? Will it show your concentration, and will it be listed as a concentration or major? Good option.