Page 1 of 48 12311 ... LastLast

Default DAVAR June - Unlimited exams $99

Just got an email.

Sadly for some, yet happily for others, we have no courses for which we can apply our awesome alliteration skills in June - but don't worry - our lack of creativity means you can save even more...

During the month of June, take unlimited exams for just $99!

The special offer won't appear at the top of our website until June 1st, but we wanted to let you know in advance, so you can start preparing now. The deadline to sign up is June 8th.

You can sign up and see more details here
    This is a pretty sweet deal!
    TESU BSBA GM
    Started: Nov 2016
    Graduation Goal: Sept 2017
    111/120

CLEP: (15) A&I LiteratureㅣCollege Compㅣ Macroeconomics
    ALEKS: (12) Buisness StatisticsㅣPreCalculusㅣCollege AlgebraㅣIntermediate Algebra
    The Institutes: (2) Insurance Ethics
    TEEX: (4) Cybersecurity for EveryoneㅣCybersecurity for IT Professionals
    Saylor: (18) Intro to Molecular & Cellular BiologyㅣEnviromental EthicsㅣBuisness Law & EthicsㅣPrinciples of ManagementㅣPrinciples of MarketingㅣMoral & Political Philosophy
    Study.com: (42) Personal FinanceㅣPrinciples of FinanceㅣIntro to CommunicationㅣIntro to World ReligionㅣIntro to SociologyㅣIntro to Managerial AccountingㅣGlobal & International ManagementㅣDigital Marketing & AdvertisingㅣOrganizational Behavior ㅣ Human Resource ManagementㅣStrategic Human Resource ManagementㅣAdvanced AccountingㅣEnvironmental Science 101ㅣMarketing Research
    DAVAR: (15) CIS 101ㅣSCI 103ㅣManagerial CommㅣAmerican GovernmentㅣCIS 315
    TECEP: (3) Business Admin BUS-421

Wow, you shared this fast. I just got the email and you had already posted it here!
    Working on: BS IT-Sec, WGU (76/123 CUs complete)

BA Psychology, Thomas Edison State, 2016
    AA Sociology, community college, 2015
    Linux+, LPIC-1 Linux SysAdmin, Security+, Network+, A+, and CIW Site Development Associate certified
    BA completed using community college, Competency-Based Education (via Patten University - would not recommend), Study.com, Coopersmith Career Consulting (via Tor College Credits), TESU courses, and a handful of free ACE-recommended credits. See my full BA path here! BS being completed by Competency-Based Education (via WGU - would recommend!)

Check out DegreeForum's Community-Supported Wiki!

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryxfuzz View Post
    Just got an email.

This is a pretty sweet deal!
    Quote Originally Posted by jsd View Post
    Wow, you shared this fast. I just got the email and you had already posted it here!
    Just when I was about to type the same thing, amazing you two!

Super awesome sale!

So I know nothing about devar? what kind of format are they are they easy etc?

Quote Originally Posted by Collegelady2 View Post
    So I know nothing about devar? what kind of format are they are they easy etc?
    It's Davar Academy, they're NCCRS not ACE recommended for credit (Same as some Saylor courses). They are easier than taking TECEPS.
    They're basically very similar to a Saylor exam, you take the course materials and study for the final. Everything is graded on that one final.
    Free study resources. Unlike Saylor that uses ProctorU, they have the same proctoring service as what Study.com has, they use RPNow as well.

Quote Originally Posted by txnicole View Post
    Super awesome sale!
    I agree with this, I wonder if there is a deadline for taking each exam... or if it's like Study.com, you have to take it within a month or so.
    If that is the case, someone can schedule an exam or two each month and that'll be cheap! I think ed4credit allows up to 4 months.

The program starts June 1 and exams must be written by June 30 although any required assignments can be turned in later or so says their website. Does not include the 2 English Composition courses.

The english comp exams aren't included on the sale? I also came here to post this. I planned to take my davar exams in July, but looks like June now!
    For my bsba, I am looking at intro to computing, principals of finance, intl management. Vacation the first week of June, then 1 exam per week for 3 weeks. Not bad for 99$. Wish I had a completely free month and could knock out even more.
    BSBA in progress

American (patriot is not a bad word), Alabamian, Texan. Wife, family, dogs, space, rockets, guns and shooting, suppressors, knives, jeeps, learning, reading, hiking, wheeling, history, travel.

"Unemployed" for capable adult men should not be a thing when America's prisons can't keep a full staff of CO's.

Learning a trade at a community college or trade school is a wonderful thing and should lead to a better future, for a much smaller investment than a 4 year school. You will learn hard, valuable, real life skills using both your hands and your mind, and that cannot be learned solely online. Hard skills tip the scales more than memorizing something from a book or an online course.

A 4 year degree isn't for everyone, but you are in the right place if it's for you. Listen to folks around here and you will be able to achieve a degree for less than most have, without burdensome student loans.

So, if you basically just memorize the powerpoints, you will pass? That seems much more manageable than a 1,000 page book from saylor.

I wish they had more gen eds, but I might do a couple more exams just for the hell of it. Maybe earth science and meteorology.

Does anyone know if either of those accounting courses will fulfill my other accounting slot for a BSBA core? I already bought managerial accounting at SL, and they have it on my evaluation as ACC 102. Perhaps the intro to accounting will come in as ACC 101?
    Last edited by icampy; 05-22-2017 at 03:36 PM.
    BSBA in progress

American (patriot is not a bad word), Alabamian, Texan. Wife, family, dogs, space, rockets, guns and shooting, suppressors, knives, jeeps, learning, reading, hiking, wheeling, history, travel.

"Unemployed" for capable adult men should not be a thing when America's prisons can't keep a full staff of CO's.

Learning a trade at a community college or trade school is a wonderful thing and should lead to a better future, for a much smaller investment than a 4 year school. You will learn hard, valuable, real life skills using both your hands and your mind, and that cannot be learned solely online. Hard skills tip the scales more than memorizing something from a book or an online course.

A 4 year degree isn't for everyone, but you are in the right place if it's for you. Listen to folks around here and you will be able to achieve a degree for less than most have, without burdensome student loans.

Ready for your CLEP exam?

Study for your exam using the same CLEP Study Guides used by thousands of members of this discussion forum!

Davar ACCT-301 Introduction to Accounting is TESU ACC-101 Principles of Financial Accounting
    Yeah, that's the one to take. It says on their webpage of available courses.

Business Equivalency Business - Davar Academy
    Gen Ed Equivalency General Education - Davar Academy