Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
“Quick/Easy” 2 or 3 credit science course?
(09-03-2018, 01:02 PM)acamp Wrote:
(09-03-2018, 01:01 PM)cookderosa Wrote:
(09-02-2018, 05:40 PM)acamp Wrote: Good evening all,
To obtain more certification, I am 2 credits short in science. I have a 4 credit Biology life science course with lab, a 3-credit human biology course, a Basic Botany 3 credit course, and Environmental Studies (3 credits). So I have a total of 13 and need either a 2 or 3 credit science course for my additional certification. It can be lower level.

I am trying to stay away from CLEP/SAYLOR study on your own approach so for the lowest cost I am thinking either StraighterLine, onlinedegree or Study.com (or maybe I’m missing another similar platform).

Any ideas for that last 2 or 3 credit science course that is pretty quick/easy from a StraighterLine, Study.com, or onlinedegree?

Thanks in advance!

both through Straighterline.
EDIT: I forgot to mention that the course needs to be accepted through TESU

Both my high school sons did Microbiology without lab through SL- easy peasy.

Hello Jennifer,
Did they take it on SL or study? Thanks!

This is strange- I'm trying to reply and it won't show my reply..... anyway, Straighterline.
(09-03-2018, 01:52 PM)cookderosa Wrote:
To obtain more certification, I am 2 credits short in science. I have a 4 credit Biology life science course with lab, a 3-credit human biology course, a Basic Botany 3 credit course, and Environmental Studies (3 credits). So I have a total of 13 and need either a 2 or 3 credit science course for my additional certification. It can be lower level.

I am trying to stay away from CLEP/SAYLOR study on your own approach so for the lowest cost I am thinking either StraighterLine, onlinedegree or Study.com (or maybe I’m missing another similar platform).

Any ideas for that last 2 or 3 credit science course that is pretty quick/easy from a StraighterLine, Study.com, or onlinedegree?

Thanks in advance!

Hello Jennifer,

This is strange- I'm trying to reply and it won't show my reply..... anyway, Straighterline.

Thanks for reposting it. I’ve always heard that microbiology was a tough course. Do you remember how long it took your sons to complete? And are they pretty strong in science?

Thanks again.
(09-03-2018, 03:38 PM)acamp Wrote:
(09-03-2018, 01:52 PM)cookderosa Wrote:

Thanks in advance!

Hello Jennifer,

Thanks for reposting it. I’ve always heard that microbiology was a tough course. Do you remember how long it took your sons to complete? And are they pretty strong in science?

Thanks again.

ughhh I knew you were going to ask me that. I don't remember how long, it was the year before last, so it's a bit foggy for me. I can't find dates in their SL account either- so I honestly can't give you a good answer. Probably less than a month since most of their courses through SL were 2-3 weeks on average doing 1 course at a time.
I went in and looked up their grades, my son that has the hardest time scored 77% for the course. It was not his first SL course, and he had already taken and passed Enviro Science, but did not really take Intro Bio - he took 1/2 year of high school biology several years earlier, so he wasn't starting 100% from scratch - but he didn't have a science background at all.
Son #2 had taken high school physics and high school chemistry w/lab plus SL Chemistry and SL Enviro science. He scored 83% overall.
I took Microbiology w/lab as a course through a community college and thought it was awesome fun. In fact, I LOVED the labs - but I can't remember if Micro didn't have a SL lab option or if we just didn't do it, I don't know- but my only criticism of the process is that without the lab it's kinda flat. Still, I don't think you need biology first, though it would of course help anyone if they did. Of course Straighterline is open book, so if you look up your answers, that helps a lot. (My CC course was open book too)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can sophia credit transfer to two different schools? GoBroncos95 11 525 04-18-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  3 Additional Google Certificates Approved for ACE Credit MNomadic 8 1,089 02-02-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: lynnii2
  Sophia Credit Transfer StudyKing21 1 588 01-19-2024, 12:57 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Searching for Fire Science Credits CGaboury 6 599 01-11-2024, 12:45 AM
  Free credit course website for non-American Pinko64 3 717 11-04-2023, 05:51 PM
  Does Clovis Community College accept Sophia credit? eliment 7 864 10-29-2023, 07:45 PM
  Study.com: Upcoming Changes to Credit-Granting Courses inf 28 3,925 09-19-2023, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Pats20
  Send Saylor credit to credly vetvso 4 1,589 09-09-2023, 01:40 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  Sophia US History for PUG as a Social Science requirement faresayari 5 673 05-20-2023, 08:15 PM
Last Post: faresayari
  TADA credit NapoleonInRags 16 2,021 05-05-2023, 11:11 AM
Last Post: rachel83az