Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
0 to BS in under 9 months…I’m done!
Ruddigore Wrote:You got a bachelors in 9 months!

The slightly frustrating part is that I had to take off all but one day of October, all but 2 days of December, all of April, and almost all of May.Looking back, I think I could realistically have done it in under 5 months instead of 9 if the timing had been better.
EXCELSIOR COLLEGE
BS-LS: AoF Admin/Mgmt Studies
0 to BS in under 9 months

EXCELSIOR CLASSES (7 Credits)
College Math (A) Eng Comp (B) Info Lit (P)

CLEP (42 Credits)
A&I Lit-6CH (71) SS&H-6CH (66) Humanities-6CH (65) Mgmt (66) Marketing (66) HG&Dev (61) Info Sys&Comp App (60) Sociology (60) Psych (59) Business Law (55) Am Gov't (50)

DSST (57 Credits)
Found of Ed (67-A) Fund of Counseling (67-A) Intro to Business (65-A) Civil War & Recon (62-A) Tech Writing (59-A) Intro Law Enforcement (59-A) Principles of Supervision (58-A) Org Behavior (57-A) Environ&Humanity (53-B) Anthropology (52-B) Astronomy (52-B) World Religions (450) Substance Abuse (450) Ethics in America (447) HTYH (433) Intro to Comp (432) Personal Finance (422) Criminal Justice (409) Mgmt Info Sys (409)

ECE (21 Credits)
HR Mgmt (A) Cultural Diversity © Ethics © Organizational Behavior (B) Found of Gerontology © Psych of A&A © Social Psych ©

Up Next:
MPA @ AMU stating Sept 09
Joel Wrote:I knew about Excelsior, though I had no idea you could test out of a degree. I only knew that they were quite military friendly.

I was lamenting to my advisor immediately after enrolling about how long it would take for me to finish a degree, and she suggested taking a couple of CLEPs to knock out some of the gen ed requirements.

I took American Government, and while searching the web to see what other tests were available, I stumbled on these forums...and the rest is history!

Another IC success! Great Job! Good luck in your future endeavors.
Congratulations! Wanna Be Just Like You When I Grow Up!! New To This And Have Quite A Few Questions. Well Maybe I'll Start With Just A Couple, At Which Point Did You Have To Enroll With Excelsior And Did They Require That You Enroll Before Clep And All Other Test Outs, Basically, How Did It Work?
Congrats!! Smile
[COLOR="Navy"]BS Liberal Arts
Excelsior College

MS Psychology
California Coast University[/color]
Way to go Joel! Congratulations!
BS Liberal Arts, Excelsior College
Congrats! I always enjoyed reading about your progress! So whats next?
"I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion."~ Henry David

BA Humanities - TESC
AAS Construction and Facilities Support - TESC
AA Interior Design - MCC
AA LS - MCC
Certificate Interior Design - MCC
Certificate Management - MCC
Awesome job, Joel. Congrats! Your experience is definitely motivating me to continue with my work towards satisfying my degree mostly through exams.

Thanks for sharing Smile
[SIZE="7"]CONGRATULATIONS!![/SIZE]
[SIZE="6"]~~ Alissa~~[/SIZE]
[size="4"]"Whether you think you can or think you can’t, you’re right." - - Henry Ford[/size]
[COLOR="DarkSlateGray"][SIZE="2"]DONE:
BS Liberal Studies, Excelsior College May 2009
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
Current website favorite:
http://www.careeronestop.org/
Very Encouraging. Congratulations!
[SIZE="4"]Nick[/SIZE]

CC:
Principles of Macroeconomics
Principles of Microeconomics
Music Fundamentals
Computer Literacy