Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1 credit remaining Natural World
Hey forum,

Let me start off by saying how this forum has been a saving grace for me. I never had much of a support system and my only regret is that I found this forum sooner. So thank you! After my credit evaluation I have 3 credits completed in section D. Natural World with 1 credit remaining. What do you guys suggest for obtaining that final singular credit?
You could always do a science lab for the one - However, instead of getting the 1 credit why not do one of the many nearly Free ($9 proctoring) 3 credit options that OD is offering that would work: https://www.onlinedegree.com/free-courses/. OD offers quite a options for Physical and Natural World; Astronomy, Biology, Environmental Science, Nutrition, Computer Science, Robotics (Maybe?)

TESU Ref: https://www.tesu.edu/academics/courses/2016-and-after2
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

Which school? If it's TESU, then allvia is correct, you can do almost anything in the science/computer science world and get credit, and OnlineDegree.com or Saylor is your cheapest bet.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(10-26-2018, 08:58 AM)allvia Wrote: You could always do a science lab for the one - However, instead of getting the 1 credit why not do one of the many nearly Free ($9 proctoring) 3 credit options that OD is offering that would work: https://www.onlinedegree.com/free-courses/. OD offers quite a options for Physical and Natural World; Astronomy, Biology, Environmental Science, Nutrition, Computer Science, Robotics (Maybe?)

Thanks for your response allvia! So Computer Science through OD would be accepted in the Physical and Natural World?

(10-26-2018, 10:00 AM)dfrecore Wrote: Which school?  If it's TESU, then allvia is correct, you can do almost anything in the science/computer science world and get credit, and OnlineDegree.com or Saylor is your cheapest bet.

Yes, TESU. This is great news. I am currently in-between jobs right now and money is tight. Trying to get my BSBA degree in marketing. I have 71 credits to go. Below I’ve attached my credits evaluation if you have any further advice. Thanks!

(10-26-2018, 10:04 AM)ThirtySomething Wrote:
(10-26-2018, 08:58 AM)allvia Wrote: You could always do a science lab for the one - However, instead of getting the 1 credit why not do one of the many nearly Free ($9 proctoring) 3 credit options that OD is offering that would work: https://www.onlinedegree.com/free-courses/. OD offers quite a options for Physical and Natural World; Astronomy, Biology, Environmental Science, Nutrition, Computer Science, Robotics (Maybe?)

Thanks for your response allvia! So Computer Science through OD would be accepted in the Physical and Natural World?

(10-26-2018, 10:00 AM)dfrecore Wrote: Which school?  If it's TESU, then allvia is correct, you can do almost anything in the science/computer science world and get credit, and OnlineDegree.com or Saylor is your cheapest bet.

Yes, TESU. This is great news. I am currently in-between jobs right now and money is tight. Trying to get my BSBA degree in marketing. I have 71 credits to go. Below I’ve attached my credits evaluation if you have any further advice. Thanks!
Though my evaluation says 74 SH remaining, it’s actually 71 bc I already took the Ethics course through the Institutes.

Attached Files
.pdf   Credits Evaluation .pdf (Size: 251.8 KB / Downloads: 15)
Oh Hey, it's your PDF file again! I've seen that for a second time over the last week. I was going to mention to you - are you going for a BSBA Marketing or a BALS (BA Liberal Arts with or without a concentration?). Since you already have an evaluation, can you check out the What If option and see how much further along you are with the BALS?

I noticed you did Astronomy for the 3 science credits, I think you can do that again with OnlineDegree.com and it may NOT duplicate, I don't recall what it came in for someone but it was a different number or letter prefix altogether. You may want to review that thread to make sure before doing that course again. But since you took it before, it should be an easy one!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(10-26-2018, 10:36 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Oh Hey, it's your PDF file again!  I've seen that for a second time over the last week.  I was going to mention to you - are you going for a BSBA Marketing or a BALS (BA Liberal Arts with or without a concentration?).  Since you already have an evaluation, can you check out the What If option and see how much further along you are with the BALS?

I noticed you did Astronomy for the 3 science credits, I think you can do that again with OnlineDegree.com and it may NOT duplicate, I don't recall what it came in for someone but it was a different number or letter prefix altogether.  You may want to review that thread to make sure before doing that course again.  But since you took it before, it should be an easy one!

Thanks bjcheung! Sorry for the constant posting. There is a lot of info on here and I tend to get overwhelmed figuring out which path is best (time and $$$) for me. I have decided to do the BSBA Marketing. With a BALS, I’d be 14 credits shy of a degree. However, I feel as though a BSBA in Marketing might be a little bit more attractive in the job market. I just turned 33 years old and though I’m not old, I’m also not young to be transitioning careers.

I value any advice you have to share.  Smile
Be sure to check out the other offerings that onlinedegree has as well, a few should also fit into the CORE course requirements for the BSBA.  Some are easy to 'guess' where they'd fall (since no one has yet posted their TESU evaluation for them) and at least one that could go in on of two places (ie Business- Intro to accounting and Finance, could be Into to Accounting OR Intro to Finance),  either way you're missing both might be worth the $9 to find out.
Amberton University

[-] The following 1 user Likes allvia's post:
  • ThirtySomething
(10-26-2018, 10:36 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Oh Hey, it's your PDF file again!  I've seen that for a second time over the last week.  I was going to mention to you - are you going for a BSBA Marketing or a BALS (BA Liberal Arts with or without a concentration?).  Since you already have an evaluation, can you check out the What If option and see how much further along you are with the BALS?

I noticed you did Astronomy for the 3 science credits, I think you can do that again with OnlineDegree.com and it may NOT duplicate, I don't recall what it came in for someone but it was a different number or letter prefix altogether.  You may want to review that thread to make sure before doing that course again.  But since you took it before, it should be an easy one!

I did a quick search to no avail, do you by any chance have a link or any other info I could use to look up where someone posted the Astronomy equivalency? Would be awesome for me if I could do the DSST/Study.com Astronomy without duplication
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link
(10-26-2018, 01:36 PM)mysonx3 Wrote:

I did a quick search to no avail, do you by any chance have a link or any other info I could use to look up where someone posted the Astronomy equivalency? Would be awesome for me if I could do the DSST/Study.com Astronomy without duplication

mysonx3 - I think bjcheung77 saw your post that it was sent to TESU and you were waiting for the evaluation.  I'm pretty sure the only OnlineDegree TESU eval that has been shared with this forum is the 2 credit Cooking course. Still waiting for the 3 credit courses to be shared, but alas you know how slow TESU can be on these things
Amberton University

(10-26-2018, 02:00 PM)allvia Wrote:
(10-26-2018, 01:36 PM)mysonx3 Wrote:

mysonx3 - I think bjcheung77 saw your post that it was sent to TESU and you were waiting for the evaluation.  I'm pretty sure the only OnlineDegree TESU eval that has been shared with this forum is the 2 credit Cooking course. Still waiting for the 3 credit courses to be shared, but alas you know how slow TESU can be on these things

I would guess that was the case except that he mentioned it coming in under a different prefix so thought maybe I missed something. For the time being I'm unfortunately still operating under the assumption that it comes in as AST-101, but holding out hope for something different.

It's been 17 days since they received my OD transcript, so hopefully it'll be evaluated within the next couple of weeks (knock on wood)
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Credit Transfer Confusion legenwait4itdary 30 2,734 03-01-2024, 12:08 AM
Last Post: legenwait4itdary
  Remaining Classes for TESU Degree faptaincrunch 7 615 02-20-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  TESU Max Credit Transfer and graduation speed? ecdw94 3 771 02-01-2024, 07:05 AM
Last Post: jch
  Credit distribution Kones 6 511 10-13-2023, 01:24 PM
Last Post: Kones
  90 credit max transfer, does that include TECEPs? Math avoidant 21 2,881 08-01-2023, 03:25 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU ENS-360 Credit from Lawshelf Niketay 1 447 07-28-2023, 09:19 PM
  TESU Reducing Credit Hour Residency Requirements from 16 to 15. CanICode 10 1,156 07-02-2023, 06:14 PM
  BALS Natural Sciences/Mathematics Clarification ACR1200 14 1,170 06-12-2023, 05:41 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Another source of cheap NCCRS credit Avidreader 8 1,116 06-11-2023, 02:14 AM
  TESU - Accounting Credit Options allvia 8 1,149 05-11-2023, 03:34 PM
Last Post: dfrecore