Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
10 ESE's have also been reduced to $95
Oh how I wish World Conflicts was on this list. Will they be dropping the prices for all tests eventually?
Yes and what about Abnormal Psychology? I need that and uppert level for my BA in Social Science.
Linda

Start by doing what is necessary: then do the possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible  St Francis of Assisi

Now a retired substitute Teacher in NY, & SC

AA Liberal Studies TESC '08
BA in Natural Science/Mathematics TESC Sept '10
AAS Environmental safety and Security Technology TESC  Dec '12
For those ESE's reduced to $95, do you still have to pay Excelsior's charge per credit?

I know this is probably a dumb question. It is taking me sooo long to get on track! Very humbling.
oak1day Wrote:For those ESE's reduced to $95, do you still have to pay Excelsior's charge per credit?

I know this is probably a dumb question. It is taking me sooo long to get on track! Very humbling.

It's my understanding that the ECE and UExcel exam programs are separate from the courses (and tuition) that Excelsior College offers.

The price of the exam plus any other fees, if needed (proctor - already part of test fee?, extra transcript, practice tests, study guides, etc.), is all that would be charged, which is similar to CLEP/DSST.

Credit by Exam

I hope this makes sense and is accurate. Keep asking questions; we'll try to help you understand this whole process.
AS in 2010 and BS in 2013 at Excelsior College - Transcripts and Costs
MS Biostatistics in 2019 at Texas A&M University - Graduate School

Sharing Credit-by-Exam*
Resources Used - 20+ Exams Passed & General GRE
Practice Tests - Available for CLEP and DSST

* Link posted with permission from forum admin; thank you!
The only charge is for the exam. Study materials etc. are not part of any EC fees. You can spend as much or as little as you need for study material. One you pass the exam, EC will award you the credit. There's a fee for a transcript if you need one sent.

The exams are taken at Pearson Vue computer centers. You'll get your grade before you leave the center.
Are UL credits granted for any of these at EC?
Most of these courses are UL, but I may have missed 1 or 2.

Check out the website at the bottom, it lists out the course level for each exam.

Credit by Exam - Excelsior
---Graduatedt Excelsior - BS - General Business - Conferred August 2012---

Social Sciences CLEP:59 - Humanities CLEP:55 - Natural Sciences CLEP:53 - Analyzing & Interpreting Literature CLEP:59 - Management & Information Systems DSST:435
Human Resource Management ECE:C - Org. Behavior ECE:C - World Population ECE:C - UExcel Political Science:C - 2 NFA ACE Approved Courses
Straighterline:Criminal Justice, Western Civilization 1 and Sociology - Passed, Penn Foster Cost Accounting & Financial Management:Both B
CSU MGMT 311 Operations Management: Finished April 2012 - A, Business Ethics & Society DSST -- 440, BUS495 - EC Business Capstone - A

Finished - AS - Business from Excelsior - 61 credits 2.8 gpa - Commencement July 2011

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Reduced fees at Excelsior addision 11 2,048 01-16-2014, 03:09 AM
Last Post: gareththomasnz
  5 Newly Shortened & Reduced to $95 ECE's Waldorfteacher 3 475 03-26-2013, 05:22 PM
Last Post: Westerner