Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
100% transfer, No Residency req'd Degree
Hello,
I have searched and searched for a school that allows you to transfer in all of your credits, and if you meet the degree requirement, earn that degree. I don't care if there is a fee. And not requiring you to take any minimum number of classes at their school. Does an accredited school like this exist? I keep hearing about it, but then when I start asking questions, I get no where.
I have about 230 total credit hours that I have gained through community college, Universities, the Navy, and recently - Sophia College.
And yet, I have no degree.

Appreciate any help guys, thanks.
(11-20-2022, 05:47 PM)BigJohn1975 Wrote: Hello,
I have searched and searched for a school that allows you to transfer in all of your credits, and if you meet the degree requirement, earn that degree. I don't care if there is a fee. And not requiring you to take any minimum number of classes at their school. Does an accredited school like this exist? I keep hearing about it, but then when I start asking questions, I get no where.
I have about 230 total credit hours that I have gained through community college, Universities, the Navy, and recently - Sophia College.
And yet, I have no degree.

Appreciate any help guys, thanks.
I don’t believe any university will allow you to do this. The closest you’ll get to this is TESU, Thomas Edison State University. They allow you to transfer in 117/120 credits, if you pay a residency waiver fee. You’ll have to do 1, 3 month term doing a capstone project, but otherwise everything can be transferred in. Note that their SOS 110 (101, can’t remember exactly) course can only be transferred through the Edx micro-bachelors.

So you’ll have to pay to do that course as well.
In progress:
XAMK: Video Game Creation certificate (8/13 courses completed)
Metropolia: Multiple Courses (In Progress: IT Services Sales and Marketing)

Completed:
Sophia: 62 credits
i-to-i: 180-hour TEFL certificate (DEAC- accredited)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Personherebb9's post:
  • BigJohn1975
Alas, this isn't really a thing (anymore). The closest you can come is TESU, Excelsior, and MAYBE COSC, depending on what credits you have. Since you have 230 credits, it's probably not worth it to list out everything. So, for your purpose, let's see the most important ones: what UL credits do you have, when did you get them, where did you get them, and what grades have you got?
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • BigJohn1975
When you say degree, I think we all generally assume you mean a Bachelor degree. As previously stated, the days of transferring in all credits are long gone for an accredited Bachelor degree in the US.
You can transfer in all credits for the Pierpont Associate degree if you don't already have an Associate degree. There's info on that elsewhere on this forum. Might give you a boost to push you through the additional courses you'll need to do for a Bachelor.

There are still the handful of schools where you can transfer in the bulk of credits, previously mentioned, and those are probably your best options. Gut feeling is that Thomas Edison State University (TESU) is probably a good fit.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Sparklette's post:
  • BigJohn1975
Just wanted to update - Sophia is not a college, it's a course provider that has courses that are ACE-recommended for college credit.

I'm not sure why you would be taking ANY courses anywhere at this point, since you have so many credits? It doesn't make a ton of sense.

You MAY want to list credits you've gotten, but I agree with rachel83az, that you may just want to list what you've taken that's UL credit (junior/senior level at a 4yr school, normally 300-level or 400-level coursework).

Also, you did not say what kinds of universities you've gone to - it depends on what kind of credit you have as to your best option:
- if you have a lot of credit from NA (nationally accredited) schools, then you may want to go with Excelsior University
- if you have a lot of credit from RA (regionally accredited) schools, then you have more options

TESU will require the cornerstone & capstone, which you can take in a single 12-week term, if you've met all other requirements
Excelsior will require Info Lit (1cr), the cornerstone, and a capstone, which you can take in two 8-week terms, if you've met all other requirements

These schools USED to take 100% credit transfer many years ago, but that has long since gone away. You're about 10 years too late on that.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • BigJohn1975

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Degree planning help - UMPI BBA vs PUG BSBA crowbird 29 346 29 minutes ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Potential Degree Input, Please curious 4 125 8 hours ago
Last Post: curious
  Degree Planning- MS degree dodek101 7 266 Yesterday, 12:01 AM
  DBA degree: online, 2-3 years, top US or UK school, accredited absamer 22 1,471 03-26-2024, 11:54 PM
  Degree Planning Advice - 31, Norway, No Higher Education ASenna 28 1,847 03-26-2024, 06:00 AM
  Masters Degree in Texas Melhux 3 173 03-26-2024, 05:45 AM
  Almost 40 year old with foreign BA in English degree and Santa Monica College Cert KMcLean 12 947 03-25-2024, 08:12 PM
  IT Degree Options Advice theredwallflower 4 560 03-23-2024, 11:08 AM
Last Post: theredwallflower
  Metropolia for quick bachelor's degree to get in a master's program klicer 5 285 03-21-2024, 01:44 AM
Last Post: klicer
  Seeking Guidance on beginning degree BeginAgain_1980 9 238 03-20-2024, 04:13 PM