Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
109 credits in 10 months
I did finally find an 'accounting' job. It's part time, no benefits, $11 an hour and I'll mostly be scanning- but at least the job title says 'accounting assistant'. It's an hour commute. I'll believe it when I actually officially start, they were going to do an in-person interview but then skipped it and just hired me over the phone. I'm nervous that it's a case of mistaken identity and I'll show up on my start date and be told that they didn't mean to hire me and there was some mix-up.

Spouse is pretty upset with me since the Target 8 miles from home offered me a job for $15 an hour as a part time cashier/stocker. I almost took that instead- but, they jerked me around a bit too much in the interview- even asked me to come back another day because they didn't have time to do my third interview.. lol I'm sorry, you do NOT need three interviews for a part-time cashier job. Back when I managed- I could find excellent candidates with one interview.
Enrolled in WGU MAcc - Start Date 12/01/2019
B&M State College (90 credits 3.57 GPA)
Modern States CLEP  (27 credits) Analyzing and Interpreting Literature (64)  Introduction to Sociology (65) Information Systems (71) Principles of Management (68) Principles of Marketing (73) Principles of Macroeconomics (70) Principles of Microeconomics (53), Introduction to Business Law (60)
Sophia(2 credits)
Straighterline (9)American Government, Western Civilizations I, Introduction to Religion
WGU (71): Organizational Behavior, Spreadsheets, Global Business, Principles of Accounting, Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Principles of Finance, Business Strategy.. graduated Oct/2019
WGU MAcc (30) Graduated Apr 2020
121 credits earned Dec 23, 2018-Feb 24, 2020 Smile 
(11-25-2019, 09:32 AM)Jenniferinfl Wrote: I did finally find an 'accounting' job. It's part time, no benefits, $11 an hour and I'll mostly be scanning- but at least the job title says 'accounting assistant'. It's an hour commute. I'll believe it when I actually officially start, they were going to do an in-person interview but then skipped it and just hired me over the phone. I'm nervous that it's a case of mistaken identity and I'll show up on my start date and be told that they didn't mean to hire me and there was some mix-up.

Spouse is pretty upset with me since the Target 8 miles from home offered me a job for $15 an hour as a part time cashier/stocker. I almost took that instead- but, they jerked me around a bit too much in the interview- even asked me to come back another day because they didn't have time to do my third interview.. lol I'm sorry, you do NOT need three interviews for a part-time cashier job. Back when I managed- I could find excellent candidates with one interview.

Congratulations - It is good that you'll be adding a job in your field to your resume.  That is often the first step in finding the next better paying, and closer to home, position.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

(11-26-2019, 08:59 AM)allvia Wrote:
(11-25-2019, 09:32 AM)Jenniferinfl Wrote: I did finally find an 'accounting' job. It's part time, no benefits, $11 an hour and I'll mostly be scanning- but at least the job title says 'accounting assistant'. It's an hour commute. I'll believe it when I actually officially start, they were going to do an in-person interview but then skipped it and just hired me over the phone. I'm nervous that it's a case of mistaken identity and I'll show up on my start date and be told that they didn't mean to hire me and there was some mix-up.

Congratulations - It is good that you'll be adding a job in your field to your resume.  That is often the first step in finding the next better paying, and closer to home, position.

Thanks! That's what I tried to explain to spouse. I quit a job at the library that was paying a bit more than that- so now he wishes that I would have just stayed at the library and skipped finishing school. But, I was at the top of what I could make at the library without a master's in library science. At least this is the bottom of accounting! It can only get better from here and the top probably won't stop at $13 an hour. Hopefully. lol
Modern States CLEP  (27 credits) Analyzing and Interpreting Literature (64)  Introduction to Sociology (65) Information Systems (71) Principles of Management (68) Principles of Marketing (73) Principles of Macroeconomics (70) Principles of Microeconomics (53), Introduction to Business Law (60)
Sophia(2 credits)
Straighterline (9)American Government, Western Civilizations I, Introduction to Religion
WGU (71): Organizational Behavior, Spreadsheets, Global Business, Principles of Accounting, Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Principles of Finance, Business Strategy.. graduated Oct/2019
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jenniferinfl's post:
  • alexf.1990
How are you now?
COMPLETED

ASU: Human Origins (3)
Sophia: Developing Effective Teams (1) Student Success (1)  The Ess. of Managing Conflict (1) Art History 1 (3) US History 1(3) Religions (3) Environmental science (3) Ancient Greek Philosophers (3) English Comp 1 (3) 
Visual communications (3) Art History 2 (3) Introduction to psychology (3) Introduction to Ethics (3) US History 2 (3) Human Biology (3) 
Communication at Work (3) Conflict resolution(3)

The institute: Ethics 312 (3)
Shmoop: Holocaust Literature (3) American National Government (3) Introduction to Drama (3)

IN PROGRESS
Sophia:    
(12-18-2019, 05:14 PM)SweetsugarNL Wrote: How are you now?

Eh- still part time interning for $13 an hour.. lol
I decided to keep going anyways- started WGU's MAcc program 12/01/2019- with luck, I'll finish my MAcc 05/31/2020. I almost didn't continue- but, I couldn't think of what else to do. At least the program comes with some decent Wiley CPA review materials. Being able to get a low interest loan for the schooling and having it include the CPA prep materials that cost around $1500 was the thing that finally swayed me.
I mean, one would think that passing the CPA exams might get me more than $13 an hour. I keep applying. Smile

Unfortunately, I'm doing too well at my job. They thought it would turn into a fulltime job for me in a few months- but, they have trouble keeping me busy for the 24 hours a week I do work. I do a ton of ZBA journal entries and now a couple other people's journal entries and like 35 bank reconciliations. There's nothing left in the general ledger department. There was a fulltime person who quit and that was the spot I took as an intern- they let the contract person go and I got their duties too. It's still not enough for a fulltime job- not sure how two people managed to stretch the same duties into two fulltime jobs.

They use netsuite and I got a decent template together so journal entries are a lot faster- previous people were doing them individually and I do an upload instead.
Sophia(2 credits)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jenniferinfl's post:
  • allvia

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Diné College: $55 Credit Hour, $660 Full Time (12+ credits) Ares 19 1,721 02-23-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  If I transfer OTHM Diploma into US University, will they be counted as RA credits? lucillegyl 7 585 02-15-2024, 09:42 AM
Last Post: lucillegyl
  No ACE credits on ACTFL exam? Aikuroa 12 1,194 01-09-2024, 07:05 PM
Last Post: vetvso
  Salvaging FEMA credits CaughtInTheRye12 6 473 12-28-2023, 11:57 PM
Last Post: CaughtInTheRye12
  Recommendations For 18 LL or 9 UL Social Science Credits harrypotter 3 381 11-08-2023, 07:27 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Cheapest way to complete CS prerequisites (RA Credits)? therightstuff 18 1,788 11-01-2023, 02:13 AM
Last Post: therightstuff
Information 3 credits in quantitative reasoning for $39 (ACE) MNomadic 92 18,507 10-30-2023, 04:02 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  What if my Degree contains too many Transfered Credits from Sophia etc.? ecdw94 19 2,767 10-17-2023, 05:56 PM
Last Post: midnite123
  So... I Asked IU if they accept ACE credits, they do! elcastor21 21 1,647 09-26-2023, 12:00 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Fast, Self Paced, preferrably cheap RA credits elcastor21 6 869 09-12-2023, 08:20 PM
Last Post: Cofffeee