Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Starting!
Okay, I have a plan, and I am starting now! I signed up for Aleks, Instacert, and saylor, and checked out some Clep study guides from School. I plan to Study 2 subjects and work through math for an hour per subject each day. I am hoping to be able to take 2-3 test every 2 weeks.No pressure, just a goal to strive for.:p
Thanks to all the informative posts and helpful responses, I feel like I am on the right track.
I plan to submit my transcripts to tesc in January when I complete the classes I am curently taking at a B&M.
It is so funny to me that I never thought that I could have a career that I would really enjoy and would pay a lot of money too. I thought I could get my RN, but I never thought I could move into an administrators position.Now I feel like it is so doable. I just can't believe that I never had a vision of sucess for myself. I am excited.
Congrats!

Little tip - bookmark this thread so you can find it easily a couple months down the road. At some point, you'll hit a motivational barrier - maybe general life will get wacky, maybe your eye will leave the prize for some reason, or the classes will start to feel overwhelming - but a reminder of that initial fire you have burning right now will do a lot to remind you of why you're starting, where it will take you, and how simple it ultimately is. It IS easy - just as easy as it feels right now - and you'll definitely breathe that sigh of relief and victory when it's done. Sometimes, motivation can be fickle, though, so save this! It is worth it and you've taken thirty steps in the right direction today!
BSBA, HR / Organizational Mgmt - Thomas Edison State College, December 2012
- TESC Chapter of Sigma Beta Delta International Honor Society for Business, Management and Administration
- Arnold Fletcher Award

AAS, Environmental, Safety, & Security Technologies - Thomas Edison State College, December 2012
AS, Business Administration - Thomas Edison State College, March 2012
Thanks. That is a good idea.
So exciting! Which degree are you pursuing? Smile
BA, MA, EdS, MMT, etc.
83 hours of ACE-worthy credits
mrs.b Wrote:Congrats!

Little tip - bookmark this thread so you can find it easily a couple months down the road. At some point, you'll hit a motivational barrier - maybe general life will get wacky, maybe your eye will leave the prize for some reason, or the classes will start to feel overwhelming - but a reminder of that initial fire you have burning right now will do a lot to remind you of why you're starting, where it will take you, and how simple it ultimately is. It IS easy - just as easy as it feels right now - and you'll definitely breathe that sigh of relief and victory when it's done. Sometimes, motivation can be fickle, though, so save this! It is worth it and you've taken thirty steps in the right direction today!

excellent suggestion!!
BSBA Hopspital/Healthcare. :-)
Hi! Mrs. B has a great suggestion. When you come accross a thread that you think is helpful, bookmark it, too. You'll think you can find it again doing a search, but I frequently can't

Goo luck. Having a goal is the main thing. Keep it in mind, and you'll reach it.
TESU BSBA - GM, September 2015

"Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway." -- Earl Nightingale, radio personality and motivational speaker

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Just starting I need help tobyisking 19 3,363 01-07-2018, 10:37 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Starting capstone Monday - freaked out BingCherry 24 4,553 07-09-2017, 12:30 AM
Last Post: rlw74
  Hello!Starting at ZERO credits and beginning my journey to a TESU Bachelors Degree. Primus 36 4,203 05-23-2017, 07:54 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Hello there! Starting at zero and looking to complete a Bachelor's! Cloake 4 1,043 04-03-2017, 07:29 AM
Last Post: Cloake
  Thinking of Starting online college... help greatly appreciated. Lamtldealer 7 1,232 12-22-2016, 08:13 PM
Last Post: TESUAbroad
  Process for starting at Thomas Edison or excelsior Crt 2 812 11-01-2016, 11:53 PM
  Starting down the Straighterline Road... CGaboury 14 1,666 09-29-2016, 03:27 PM
  just starting bsba at TESU - register or not by 7/1/2016? JustGettingStarted2016 12 1,697 06-22-2016, 01:30 PM
  just starting bsba at TESU - need academic credit before I will finish bsba JustGettingStarted2016 3 1,053 06-21-2016, 02:03 PM
  just starting bsba at TESU - spreadsheet for clep, dsst, or study.com options JustGettingStarted2016 3 927 06-21-2016, 01:56 PM