Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kind of worried about TESC and my credits
As I understand it, I got the following to still take care of:

Strategic Management
Managerial Communication (in class for it)
Principles of Finance
English 102
3 credits for Responsibility Elective (I originally planned Intro to Sociology, but after I learned about Psychology of Women being acceptable I opted for the TECEP instead)
3 GE credits (chose Living in the Information Age)
1 credit for business elective

I originally wanted to get the 1 remaining business elective out, and opted for Financial Markets and Institutions (which I passed this Saturday). I log in today and while I've earned the three credits since, someone at TESC shuffled the credits around so that my GE is fulfilled with Organizational Behavior (originally one of the business/UL classes for the specialization), I still have 1 credit missing for business elective, and Living in the Information Age is now off my class list completely.

I'm still happy that somehow (as I didn't do the math) I've earned three more credits towards completion. At the same time though, if this came back to my education office as it stands I would end up owing the USAF money for essentially taking a class that's not in my degree plan (anymore). I know it's silly and it can be fixed, but I really wish they left my degree plan as it was. Regardless of how they feel about things I'm still stuck with 1 credit needed for a business elective.

Edit: For anyone curious, I have weird credits remaining as I took some extra 1-credit speech courses in my community college years ago, as required to be in their speech/debate team. Also, I earned 8 credits from my CCAF upgrade training.
TESCs hinky software does this sometimes when new credits are added to the student account. Just give a call to the advisement expressline or email and tell them exactly where you want the courses to go. They will reconfigure your evaluation without issue. It's a known problem.

I always printed a pdf copy of my evaluation after each and every update just so I would have a copy to send them to make it easier to show exactly where the courses sat before their crazy software went bonkers yet again.

"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan." -Tom Landry

TESC:
AAS, Admin Studies. 2010
BA, Social Sciences. 2010. Arnold Fletcher Award.
AAS, Environmental, Safety & Security Technologies. 2011
BSBA, General Management. 2011. Arnold Fletcher Award. Sigma Beta Delta (ΣΒΔWink!
bricabrac Wrote:TESCs hinky software does this sometimes when new credits are added to the student account. Just give a call to the advisement expressline or email and tell them exactly where you want the courses to go. They will reconfigure your evaluation without issue. It's a known problem.

I always printed a pdf copy of my evaluation after each and every update just so I would have a copy to send them to make it easier to show exactly where the courses sat before their crazy software went bonkers yet again.

That's a good idea. I've had to do that as of late due to sponsorship contests they hold here at my base from a variety of pro orgs, but in light of this I'm gonna back up the ones I've saved in case I need to show proof of what my older degree plans looked like.

Thanks again by the way for all the help so far; I don't think I can keep my personal goal of completing my degree by the end of the year, but the fact that I'm done with my bachelors in less than 4 years has even my own commander impressed.
OfficerA Wrote:Thanks again by the way for all the help so far; I don't think I can keep my personal goal of completing my degree by the end of the year, but the fact that I'm done with my bachelors in less than 4 years has even my own commander impressed.

You've come a long way in a very short amount of time. You should also be impressed with your achievements! The BSBA is not an easy degree plan so just continue to chip away at the requirements and it will be completed soon enough. I believe it's not about how fast you finish, but that you actually complete the degree. I've seen many folks start a year or less program, get to the six month mark and burn out or quit. Better to move at a comfortable rate and succeed in your goal!

"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan." -Tom Landry

TESC:
AAS, Admin Studies. 2010
BSBA, General Management. 2011. Arnold Fletcher Award. Sigma Beta Delta (ΣΒΔWink!
bricabrac Wrote:You've come a long way in a very short amount of time. You should also be impressed with your achievements! The BSBA is not an easy degree plan so just continue to chip away at the requirements and it will be completed soon enough. I believe it's not about how fast you finish, but that you actually complete the degree. I've seen many folks start a year or less program, get to the six month mark and burn out or quit. Better to move at a comfortable rate and succeed in your goal!

Slow and steady always wins the race. It gets hard sometimes to realize that every step towards the goal is one mini goal accomplished.
Don't forget that gaining college credit by taking exams is one of the reason's we're here. That's mainly possible through the flashcards made available by the owner of this forum : InstantCert Plus of course your hard work in learning and reviewing
Current Credits

Irish Education

FETAC Level 6 Adv Cert in Admin

Spreadsheets 5 U.S credits A ,Word Processing 2.5 U.S credits A
Business Management 5.0 U.S credits A Web Authoring 2.5 U.S credits A Communications 5.0 U.S credits A Manual and Computerized Bookkeeping 2.5 U.S Credits A

ECDL (European Computer Drivers License) ICS SKILLS 5 credits

Strayer University Marketing 100 (paid for by Starbucks) A 4.5 quarter hours
CLEP U.S History I 74, U.S History II 69, Western Civ II 61, Western Civ I 64, HG&D 60, Humanities 60, biz law 67,Am Gov 57.
DSST: Biz ethics & s 450, Art WW 424
EC CCS 120 A , EC ENG 101 A, EC BUS 312 H.R A , EC ENG 102 A,
B&M ACC 151 B, B&M ACC 152 (starting) Nat Scies,
Anyone please correct me if I'm wrong since as I am unsure where exactly the TEEX courses now fit other than free electives but ...

OfficerA,

Check with advising, you may be able to use one of the free 2cr TEEX courses to fill the needed 1cr business elective. If in fact it is still necessary once your courses are placed back in the correct slots.

TESC:
AAS, Admin Studies. 2010
The TEEX courses fall into business electives on my evaluation. They are also CIS credits; they just aren't counted as natural science.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
bricabrac Wrote:TESCs hinky software does this sometimes when new credits are added to the student account. Just give a call to the advisement expressline or email and tell them exactly where you want the courses to go. They will reconfigure your evaluation without issue. It's a known problem.

Definitely this. It happened to me a few times. The first time, I wrote a panic-filled, strongly-worded admonishment, and got back a quick and simple, "Oops, our software sometimes overrides pre-planned entries. It is fixed." I said that to say there is no need for concern or panic. Registrar can set it back to how you need it in a jiffy with a quick request. Then, print each time it is updated correctly as bricabrac suggested in case you do ever get pushback.
BSBA, HR / Organizational Mgmt - Thomas Edison State College, December 2012
- TESC Chapter of Sigma Beta Delta International Honor Society for Business, Management and Administration
- Arnold Fletcher Award

AAS, Environmental, Safety, & Security Technologies - Thomas Edison State College, December 2012
AS, Business Administration - Thomas Edison State College, March 2012

just to give you confidence, this happened to me as well. Annoying, but essentially an easy fix. You're doing great btw!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU transcript audit says 13 required credits through TESU? Rteurowise 8 2,114 09-05-2018, 01:43 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU "Overflow" Credits mysonx3 5 2,285 08-31-2018, 01:24 AM
Last Post: Merlin
  Charter Oak (COSC) maximum credits from one source nosey561 1 1,697 08-30-2018, 10:39 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Study.com College Credits UnbreakablyDetermined 2 1,850 08-27-2018, 05:44 PM
Last Post: allvia
  Credits Giantzebra 5 1,611 07-23-2018, 12:50 AM
  Second Bachelor BALS with concentration with the 24 new credits rule posabsolute 1 1,378 07-22-2018, 11:30 PM
  First Post - TESC Academic Evaluation Questions npk32 34 5,648 07-18-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: npk32
  EC now accepting FEMA credits Exfactor 6 2,802 06-29-2018, 10:32 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  Please Review My Credits & Help Me Choose a Degree Plan warriortaupou 4 1,429 05-17-2018, 11:38 PM
Last Post: warriortaupou
  Upper Level Credits at Excelsior - via ACE? Silly_Me 27 10,729 05-16-2018, 05:10 PM
Last Post: scout2family