Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU Criminal Justice Advice
(11-18-2018, 04:22 AM)sanantone Wrote: If you do decide to earn a graduate degree, New Charter University offers a cheap, self-paced master's in CJ. They don't participate in financial aid (have to pay out of pocket), and they are nationally accredited. National accreditation won't pose a problem with the federal government, but it may not be recognized by state and local governments for education incentive pay or as credit for higher levels of certification.

Capella offers self-paced masters degrees in psychology. They're regionally accredited and participate in federal financial aid programs. 

I haven't really looked at COSC's CJ program lately. TESU's is doable; there are just one or two requirements, other than the capstone, that you'll have to take as regular college courses. Since you want graded credits anyway, that shouldn't be a problem.

Thank you for the help, I've been looking into maybe a sociology bachelors, does anyone have a recent degree plan for TESU or Charter Oak? 
I am still not sure if a masters is the way to go or not.
(11-29-2018, 04:06 PM)kmj Wrote: Thank you for the help, I've been looking into maybe a sociology bachelors, does anyone have a recent degree plan for TESU or Charter Oak? 

https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/JS...1st,_2015)

Also note that for Social Theory (the one non-capstone course that you can't test out of), there is a CSU Pueblo course that should count (not specifically listed at the link above)
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link
[-] The following 1 user Likes mysonx3's post:
  • jsd
(11-29-2018, 04:37 PM)mysonx3 Wrote:
(11-29-2018, 04:06 PM)kmj Wrote: Thank you for the help, I've been looking into maybe a sociology bachelors, does anyone have a recent degree plan for TESU or Charter Oak? 

https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/JS...1st,_2015)

Also note that for Social Theory (the one non-capstone course that you can't test out of), there is a CSU Pueblo course that should count (not specifically listed at the link above)

Thank you! I happen to have 6 months free of Study.com (thanks to a sanfu with them a while back) so now I am trying to figure out the way to make the most of it. Does anyone have suggestions? I am assuming taking some upper level courses is the smartest move?
(12-03-2018, 11:31 PM)kmj Wrote: Thank you! I happen to have 6 months free of Study.com (thanks to a sanfu with them a while back) so now I am trying to figure out the way to make the most of it. Does anyone have suggestions? I am assuming taking some upper level courses is the smartest move?

It's either that, or courses that you want/need for your degree that aren't able to be gotten elsewhere.  I'd plan out the degree, listing all possible course providers for every course you want, and start with the ones that only Study.com provides.  Then go down the list and figure out some additional ones, like UL, or something where you don't want to take a test-only option, or whatever else you want to bring into play.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
UCCS offers sociology courses at the grad level for around $500 a course. They offer a 12 credit grad certificate too.
MA in progress
Certificate in the Study of Capitalism - University of Arkansas
BS, Business  Administration - Ashworth College
Certificates in Accounting & Finance 
BA, Regents Bachelor of Arts - West Virginia University
AAS & AGS
(12-03-2018, 11:31 PM)kmj Wrote: Thank you! I happen to have 6 months free of Study.com (thanks to a sanfu with them a while back) so now I am trying to figure out the way to make the most of it. Does anyone have suggestions? I am assuming taking some upper level courses is the smartest move?

You have to figure the pacing. You get two exams each month, so you want to be sure you finish at least two. That might mean mixing a harder and an easier course each month. However, if you're really a quick study and/or have the time to commit, you can do MORE than two per month by paying $70 for each extra exam.

If I were in your shoes, I'd list ALL the courses from SDC that you could possibly use and prioritize them by difficulty and whether you can get them elsewhere. Assume you will be doing 12 total (2 per month), then start in on them. Include at least one easier course that first month, both so that you can get used to the format, and so that you are sure of getting two in. Then be ready to adapt to the scheduling, either adding extra courses, or switching to easier ones to keep the 2 per month pace, as you go through them.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
According to another post, I saw that if you transfer classes directly from SDC or SL to Charter Oak you can receive a letter grade. Would these grades be factored into my GPA there? Would this be a good way of getting my GPA up?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need some advice tpell1219 14 491 Yesterday, 08:00 PM
Last Post: RJ77
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 15 699 03-22-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,981 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Electronics Engineering degree plan advice trailbounder 5 284 03-18-2024, 04:19 PM
Last Post: davewill
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 261 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 230 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 269 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,158 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 392 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP