Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
119 Credits from accredited university - TESU transfer question
Hello,

Due to life circumstances, I had to discontinue my education in 2016 from my university.  I have 119 credits from this university and completed all of my upper level courses.  I am a political science major looking to finish my education at TESU online.  The reason I am not finishing at my current school is that they require 4 years of upper level spanish courses which I can finish in 2 years.  However, I am looking to finish my degree ASAP and I was told I would just need to take the cap stone course at TESU and graduate.

Any advice on if this is legit as it seems too good to be true.  Please let me know, thank you all.
Well it depends on what courses you have already. As long as you meet the requirements of a degree program at tesu you should be fine. Some of the tesu degrees have very flexible requirements and only need a total of 18 UL credits. If you have all the degree requirements met, you can simply apply to TESU, take the cornerstone and the capstone, pay the residency waiver and graduation fee and be on your way.
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
Was that university ASU? Arizona State University? I recall a few schools needing a second language requirement for even their basic BALS degrees. You're incorrect, at the Big 3, you require to take the Cornerstone and the Capstone. Waivers are a thing of the past for Cornerstones, you'll have to take them any way you slice it. You can transfer up to 116 credits to TESU now.

To be on the safe side, you may want to list all the courses you have completed and their course numbers/grades. Do you have a spreadsheet created? If so, just attach it, if not, copy/paste the courses from your transcript... You're basically, a cornerstone and a capstone away from a degree at the Big 3.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
If you're missing any of the courses tesu requires like ethics or communication, we can most likely help you find a very cheap and/or fast way to finish them up and transfer them to tesu.

You can share your completed classes(with C or higher) here and we can help you piece together what you may still need. Also, not sure what university you attended but it must be regionally accredited for tesu to accept transfer credits from them.

Also: for $75 you can go ahead and apply to TESU and send them all of your transcripts to see where you stand.

(12-03-2018, 04:25 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: You can transfer up to 116 credits to TESU now.

Really you can transfer in more than 116(I've transferred in much more already) but only up to 116 will apply to your degree.
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
(12-03-2018, 04:28 PM)MNomadic Wrote: ... You can share your completed classes(with C or higher) here and we can help you piece together what you may still need. ...

Actually "D" or higher. However, let us know which courses have less than a "C" (C-, D+ or D) as they can't be used for English Comp or the Area of Study. Do you know what kind of degree you want?
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
If you apply to TESU you should apply for the BA in Political Science first based on it being your major at your current school, and so many credits complete - https://www.tesu.edu/heavin/ba/political-science, once that evaluation salutation is complete you can always try out other degree options if they don't give you the placement you'd like.  It takes about 3 weeks from when they receive your official transcript(s) for the first evaluation. Note that many of these AOS course suggestions are just that, suggested topics to meet the requirement - especially for the Political Science Electives, you could have something in-line with the area/topic and TESU will place it accordingly.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

As stated, list your credits and I can tell if you if you can get the BA in PoliSci from TESU. If not, you could probably get a BALS with a concentration in Social Sciences. COSC also has a BALS with a concentration in PoliSci.

Also, while bjcheung said all of the Big 3 require a cornerstone, this isn't true - Excelsior doesn't require a cornerstone, just the capstone. But they are normally the most expensive of the 3. And, they don't have a degree that you want (probably anyway).

So, you should definitely look at TESU and COSC. As stated, it really just depends on how your credits will fit into the different degrees as to which will be a better choice.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • cookderosa
(12-03-2018, 04:25 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Was that university ASU? Arizona State University? I recall a few schools needing a second language requirement for even their basic BALS degrees.  You're incorrect, at the Big 3, you require to take the Cornerstone and the Capstone.  Waivers are a thing of the past for Cornerstones, you'll have to take them any way you slice it.  You can transfer up to 116 credits to TESU now.

To be on the safe side, you may want to list all the courses you have completed and their course numbers/grades.  Do you have a spreadsheet created? If so, just attach it, if not, copy/paste the courses from your transcript... You're basically, a cornerstone and a capstone away from a degree at the Big 3.

Hello, thank you for the advice.  Please see the attached.

(12-04-2018, 12:17 AM)dfrecore Wrote: As stated, list your credits and I can tell if you if you can get the BA in PoliSci from TESU.  If not, you could probably get a BALS with a concentration in Social Sciences.  COSC also has a BALS with a concentration in PoliSci.

Also, while bjcheung said all of the Big 3 require a cornerstone, this isn't true - Excelsior doesn't require a cornerstone, just the capstone.  But they are normally the most expensive of the 3.  And, they don't have a degree that you want (probably anyway).

So, you should definitely look at TESU and COSC.  As stated, it really just depends on how your credits will fit into the different degrees as to which will be a better choice.

Here are my credits, thank you!

Attached Files
.xlsx   courses.xlsx (Size: 11.39 KB / Downloads: 15)
.xlsx   courses.xlsx (Size: 11.39 KB / Downloads: 4)
Wow, from a quick glance, you already have your UL requirements for the Political Science major fulfilled. If my guess is right, you just need the cornerstone/capstone and you're done! Just wondering, that Economics course, is it Macro or Micro? There IS a difference, the Political Science degree requires the Macro, if this is Micro, get it done fast and you're good to go!

Quickly apply to TESU and get your info properly, evaluated, if that course is a Micro-econ, then do a Macro course from SL/Study.com along with the TESU Cornerstone. In fact, I would recommend doing the February Capstone if you're that close, you can graduate June 2019.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • uvwc47
I show that you are a few courses away from your degree at TESU:
1) Macroeconomics
2) Info Lit Requirement (Great Questions in Social Science MAY fit here, it may not)
3) An Ethics course - take the free one
4) Capstone

If I were you, I would probably just take the courses while you're waiting to get your eval completed, since you're going to have to wait to take the capstone anyway.  Here's what I would do if I were you:

SCENARIO 1 (cheapest, more steps)
1) Apply at TESU, send your transcript from your school
2) Sign up for an ACE account
3) Take the free Insurance Ethics course, put on ACE transcript, send to TESU
4) Take Modern States courses for Macroeconomics and A&I Lit, take CLEP exams (free vouchers), send directly to TESU, keep receipts to get reimbursed for test center fees by Modern States
5) Register for the cornerstone & capstone as soon as you can (probably within the week)

SCENARIO 2 (easiest1)
2) Sign up for Study.com and take ECO 102: Macroeconomics, LIBR 101: Information Literacy, and SOCSCI 108: Ethics in the Social Sciences ($269 for 1 month+extra exam)
3) As soon as you finish your courses, send the Study.com transcript to TESU (free)
4) Register for the cornerstone & capstone as soon as you can (probably within the week)

SCENARIO 3 (easiest2)
2) Sign up for Straighterline and take Macroecon, Intro to Religion, and Business Ethics ($276 for 1 month membership + 3 courses - less any coupons you can find)
3) As soon as you finish your courses, send the Straighterline transcript to TESU (free)
4) Register for the cornerstone & capstone as soon as you can (probably within the week)

Attached Files
.pdf   uvwc47 TESU BA in PoliSci.pdf (Size: 57.53 KB / Downloads: 11)
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • CuriousCanary

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 428 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 414 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 433 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 15 2,258 04-04-2024, 08:08 AM
Last Post: Kones
  Age waiver question - 18 year old jg_nuy 27 2,191 04-03-2024, 09:19 AM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 244 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,172 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 225 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 351 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  Quick question about MAN-3760 & MAN-3730 jg_nuy 7 524 03-20-2024, 08:53 PM