spanish1

intro to phil

pen foster lit

intro to world religions

intro to middle east

astronomy

bio

speech

maybe the ( psy)gre in about 18- 24 months because of the 18 units for a passing score
by the way to get
also considering the A.A degree along the way to apply for a job ( longbeach schools T.A )

ANY ADVICE IS WELCOME Confusedeeya:
considering a :toetap: A.A.S in Environmental, Safety, and Security Technologies – Thomas Edison State College
Hi there and yes I can help a little.

First of all, do you have any B&M credits? If so, we can try to help you figure out where COSC will put them, but they will let you know for sure when you pay the 75 dollar evaluation fee.

Now to meet your general requirements, you'll probably (if you're like me) want to create a spreadsheet with the requirement listed in one column and the test that will fulfill the requirement in the other column.

You can see COSC's general requirements here:General Education Requirements at Charter Oak State College
At first, the general ed requirements may not make sense, until you compare them with COSC's master list of tests, which you can find here: http://www.charteroak.edu/Current/Academ...r-list.pdf You'll see that many tests on the master list have a letter that corresponds to the letters on the general ed list.

In addition to meeting the general requirements, you'll want to have an idea of your tests for the Psych concentration. I started off as a psych major, so I have attached the concentration plan of study that my advisor initially gave to me. You might not use the same one, but it can give you an idea. Keep in mind that I did NOT want to use the GRE so you'll want to change slightly.

So, once you've figured out your general ed and your concentration, pretty much anything else is elective. If you decide you want a BA rather than a BS, you'll need a few more liberal arts credits. You can see the requirements here: Liberal Arts Requirements at Charter Oak State College I would personally recommend a BS, but that's totally up to you of course.

Not sure if this all makes sense... it's overwhelming at first, but hang in there! We're all here to help and I've got a lot of first-hand experience with COSC degree planning!!

P.S. Edit to add - this can take 12 months or it could take more or less, depending on how much time you have to dedicate to test-taking. How much time per week are you looking at spending on study?

Attached Files
.doc   Less than 1 minute ago">PSY COSC CONCENTRATION PLAN OF STUDY.doc (Size: 42.5 KB / Downloads: 6)
Regis University, ITESO, Global MBA with a focus in Emerging Markets 4.0 GPA, Dual-university degree (Spanish/English) 
COSC BS, Business Admin

My BS Credits:
Spanish 80 | Humanities 67 | A & I Lit 72 | Sub Abuse 452 | Bus Ethics 445 | Tech Writ 62 | Math 53 | HTYH 454 | Am. Govt 65 | Env & Humanity 64 | Marketing 65 | Micro 61| Mgmt 63| Org Behavior 65| MIS 446|Computing 432 | BL II 61 | M&B 50 | Finance 411 | Supervision 437| Intro Bus. 439| Law Enforcement 63|  SL: Accounting I B | Accounting II C+| Macro A | ECE: Labor Relations A | Capstone: A| FEMA PDS Cert 
the only B&M classes are from my signlaguage interperter program
so they wont apply
considering a :toetap: A.A.S in Environmental, Safety, and Security Technologies – Thomas Edison State College
No worries, you can still progress quickly even without B&M credits. Here's how your proposed tests would apply:

american fed gov - American govt CLEP fulfills your US History/Govt requirement

intro to soc - Sociology CLEP meets Social Science Requirement

american hist1-2 - these would be electives and are both considered liberal arts credits

human ecology - Do you mean the Environment & Humanity DSST? That meets 3 of your science credits

college alegbra - College Algebra CLEP will meet the 3 math requirements that you need, but what about College Math CLEP? It's easier, will meet the need, and gives you a total of 6 credits for the same price.

english 1-2 - Which English? Straighterline or did you want to test out of this? You can, and it's not too tough..

spanish1 - You don't need this for COSC, though if you already know Spanish you can get up to 12 credits and meet the Non-US History/Culture requirement

intro to phil - What about ethics to meet the ethical decision making requirement? You can take either Ethics in America or Business Ethics test

pen foster lit - Don't take it. COSC requires info literacy, but you do not have to take a specific course. You get this credit automatically with either the Capstone or Cornerstone class

intro to world religions - Can meet your global understanding requirement with this DSST

intro to middle east - also can meet the global requirement, but there are easier ways to do this. I hear this test is tough

astronomy - will get 3 science credits for this one

bio - do you want to take the biology CLEP? If you do, then you don't need your other two science tests that you've listed. I personally think that it would be easier to do the other two tests instead of biology, but that's up to you.

speech - can meet your oral communication requirement with Principles of Public Speaking DSST.

I hope this helps so far... I'll type up a bit more about the associates in just a moment..
Regis University, ITESO, Global MBA with a focus in Emerging Markets 4.0 GPA, Dual-university degree (Spanish/English) 
COSC BS, Business Admin

My BS Credits:
Spanish 80 | Humanities 67 | A & I Lit 72 | Sub Abuse 452 | Bus Ethics 445 | Tech Writ 62 | Math 53 | HTYH 454 | Am. Govt 65 | Env & Humanity 64 | Marketing 65 | Micro 61| Mgmt 63| Org Behavior 65| MIS 446|Computing 432 | BL II 61 | M&B 50 | Finance 411 | Supervision 437| Intro Bus. 439| Law Enforcement 63|  SL: Accounting I B | Accounting II C+| Macro A | ECE: Labor Relations A | Capstone: A| FEMA PDS Cert 
Regarding the associates: Credit Requirements at Charter Oak State College lists the requirements. Based on COSC's new lowered fees, I don't think it would cost you any extra to get the associates on the way to getting your bachelor's, but check with COSC to make sure.

Basically once you fulfill the general requirements, you're probably almost at the associate's degree. You might as well get it, especially if you're going to take a while to get the bachelor's, or if it will help you in your job.
COSC BS, Business Admin

My BS Credits:
Go get a clep book and read it and then take the practice tests in it. When you are able to score at 85 percent, schedule a clep test. Once you have two clep tests under your belt you will have the confidence you need to continue on. Its all very doable if you like to read. The books are about three hundred pages and can be read over a weekend if you devote 8 hours per day. It is worth it compared to spending four years sitting in class.
BSBA CIS from TESC, BA Natural Science/Math from TESC
MBA Applied Computer Science from NCU
Enrolled at NCU in the PhD Applied Computer Science