Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
15 Credits towards MSOL - where to complete quickest?
Hello everyone, I completed 15 credits towards a Masters in Organizational Leadership from Colorado State University in 2014-2015 timeframe. I am trying to find a school that will accept these transfer credits and allow me to complete my degree in the least amount of time. I am unfamiliar with competency based programs and if this is the route you should look into? For background purposes I am former military and have over 20 years experience in my current field of work where I am considered senior management. 
Any suggestions? I appreciate your time and help.
In general, you cannot transfer graduate credits from one program to another. The exception would be the Amberton Master's in Professional Development that allows you to transfer in 12 graduate credits: https://www.amberton.edu/programs-and-co...tails.html
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
UMPI just launched a MA in Organizational Leadership. They accept up to 12 credits of graduate work. This is a competency based program.

https://www.umpi.edu/yourpace/maol/

Purdue Global has a MS in Management and Leadership and accepts graduate transfer credit. This is not a competency based program.

https://www.purdueglobal.edu/degree-programs/business/online-master-management-degree/

CSU Global also has a MS in Organizational Leadership. I believe they accept graduate transfer credit. This is not a competency based program.

https://csuglobal.edu/graduate/masters-d...leadership
[-] The following 2 users Like ss20ts's post:
  • Pikachu, rachel83az
Considering how expensive grad credits can be, $1,000 per month at UMPI isn't bad at all.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
Thanks I looked into Brandman, they have a program that’s 30 credits not sure how much they allow for transfers? My credits are from CSU global, their program is 36 credits....trying to find a 30 credit program to shave off some time. Does this make sense or not do-able?
Another option is to transfer into Excelsior, the MBA program allows up to 24 credits and their MPA allows up to 15 (just last semester they changed this from 27 to 15! for the MPA). It all depends how much you want to pay and how fast you want to complete the degree... I would look at all the options on the table and see which one interests you.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(01-20-2021, 08:21 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Another option is to transfer into Excelsior, the MBA program allows up to 24 credits and their MPA allows up to 15 (just last semester they changed this from 27 to 15! for the MPA).  It all depends how much you want to pay and how fast you want to complete the degree... I would look at all the options on the table and see which one interests you.
Thanks I hadn’t looked at them. I’m less concerned with cost and more focused on time/soonest completion. I’ll pay extra if it means getting done sooner.
How about CSU-Global's MSOL Executive Express Path (accelerated) - it's only 30cr, so you're halfway done, and probably don't have to worry about transferring credit.

https://csuglobal.edu/graduate/masters-d...press-path
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Graduate Schools that accept the most transfer credits sanantone 66 15,868 04-09-2024, 03:21 AM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Graduate transfer credits David1477 10 1,033 03-03-2024, 02:05 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Masters level credits from Sophia and others? jb111 24 1,781 02-09-2024, 09:00 PM
Last Post: Darknigh7
  Strategies to aquire 18 credits and teach jb111 5 407 02-05-2024, 02:00 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SUNY Buffalo State : 15 credits transfer Msc Multidisciplinary Studies durain 6 1,113 11-17-2023, 05:23 PM
  Graduate transfer credits Aya 17 1,386 08-17-2023, 04:39 PM
Last Post: Aya
  Fastest MBA to Complete klone 13 2,322 07-22-2023, 11:15 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  MBA without a degree? Possible to transfer credits from Masters towards Bachelors? FM1 13 1,895 05-09-2023, 05:56 PM
  UPTB MBA Doesn't Accept Graduate Credits mohelena02 5 879 11-26-2022, 10:07 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Transfer 10 Year old Credits? johnca 8 960 08-10-2022, 08:58 PM
Last Post: dfrecore