Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
15-year-old with master’s degree prepares for law school
he is 15 years old, he already graduated his bachelor and master in accounting. He is getting ready for law school

https://www.kktv.com/2023/03/06/15-year-...aw-school/
NEXT: Considering DBA, DIT or PhD
In Progress: MSU MBA
                   Master in Project Management, University Isabel I / ENEB
                   Master in Big Data and Business Intelligent, University Isabel I, ENEB

Completed: WGU MS-CIA 2022
TEEX: Cybersecurity 101 (4), Cybersecurity 201 (3), Cybersecurity 301 (3)
Sophia: Accounting (3), Project Management (3) Principles of Finance (3) 
Coursera: Google IT Certification, and Google Project Management.

[-] The following 1 user Likes Imbanewbie's post:
  • mariobros1985
He"s definitely smart. I worry he will look back on all of the socialization he missed out on though. Being book smart is great, but the socialization helps build being street smart. To get though life well, both are needed. Granted, he can build the street smart category later, but then when everybody else is talking about their socialization experiences when they were younger I may just end up listening rather than participating. Which I think would cause problems with feeling like he fits in with his peers. For some people that is a problem though and for others it's not.
MBA, Walden University (In progress - 60% done)
2016 TESU, BA-LIBST, Emphases in Multimedia Comm./Human & Social Services
TESU TECEPS: Abnormal Psych PSY-350, Psych of Women PSY-270, Sales Mgmnt MAR-322, Advertising MAR-323, Marketing COM-210; Capstone w/ Ciacco
Other Sources: CLEP, Art Portfolio, 3 Comm. Colleges, 2 Art Colleges,  FEMA, AICPCU Ethics
[-] The following 2 users Like SweetSecret's post:
  • jsd, Pikachu
That's great, but when does he get to be a child? We spend 4//5 of our lives as working adults. Adulthood is highly overrated. He's going to be struggling with his social skills and won't be able to relate to the significantly older students who have far more life experience. Law school will always be there. Childhood won't.
(03-07-2023, 10:59 AM)ss20ts Wrote: That's great, but when does he get to be a child? We spend 4//5 of our lives as working adults. Adulthood is highly overrated. He's going to be struggling with his social skills and won't be able to relate to the significantly older students who have far more life experience. Law school will always be there. Childhood won't.

Seems to me that ship has sailed. He graduated H.S. at 12, so he's been separated from his peers in a lot of ways since he was quite young. He can't just start attending H.S. only for socialization, and a mind like that probably can't just sit around "being a kid". If he attends a university, maybe some of the younger undergrads will close enough in age for him to interact with socially.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
[-] The following 1 user Likes davewill's post:
  • mariobros1985
(03-07-2023, 01:07 PM)davewill Wrote: Seems to me that ship has sailed. He graduated H.S. at 12, so he's been separated from his peers in a lot of ways since he was quite young. He can't just start attending H.S. only for socialization, and a mind like that probably can't just sit around "being a kid". If he attends a university, maybe some of the younger undergrads will close enough in age for him to interact with socially.

He's already completed his bachelor's and master's degree and is going to law school. There won't be anyone near his age in law school.
(03-07-2023, 03:20 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(03-07-2023, 01:07 PM)davewill Wrote: Seems to me that ship has sailed. He graduated H.S. at 12, so he's been separated from his peers in a lot of ways since he was quite young. He can't just start attending H.S. only for socialization, and a mind like that probably can't just sit around "being a kid". If he attends a university, maybe some of the younger undergrads will close enough in age for him to interact with socially.

He's already completed his bachelor's and master's degree and is going to law school. There won't be anyone near his age in law school.

In the law school, no, but if it's a full university with a law school, there would be younger people on campus.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
Bachelor's and Master's from WGU.

Maybe he's a DegreeForum member ;p
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
Why would anyone assume that he isn't socialized - when you can do that literally anywhere? This is the number one knock on homeschoolers, although it only became that after the first knock, that they weren't getting a good education, crashed and burned. Every homeschooler I know (or knew) did TONS of "socialization" stuff including sports, church, scouts, 4H, or a million other things that had them spending time with similiar-aged peers for their whole lives. School is not only NOT a great place for socialization (where else in the world are you going to spend all of your time ONLY with people your exact age?!?), it can be the exact opposite; if you're geeky or odd or not great at socializing in the first place, what makes you think school is going to be this awesome place where you'll learn anything except that your peers can be horrible people who treat you like crap? I've known lots of people over the years who absolutely HATED high school where they were bullied or didn't fit in and had zero friends.

As for "getting to be a child," if he's enjoying himself, and loves learning, what makes you think he wasn't and still isn't "getting to be a child?" If this is all his idea, then should they say "nope, you're a child, get out there and do childish things and forget all about this law school nonsense!" I mean, that's just ridiculous. If he hates it, he can quit. He has plenty of time to do whatever he wants, and it seems as if this is what he wants. A 174 on the LSAT is kind of...high (state record in 3 states)...so he's probably up there in the genius range and thinks all of this is fun...and wouldn't have enjoyed doing school the "regular" way in the first place.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 4 users Like dfrecore's post:
  • davewill, mariobros1985, Pikachu, tsgreer

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WGU Master's in Elementary Education - Progress Thread nykorn 1 194 03-22-2024, 11:16 PM
Last Post: nykorn
  Wanting a masters degree for IT from WGU benon 10 867 01-21-2024, 04:13 AM
Last Post: benon
  New transfer credit for Master degree - WGU Imbanewbie 16 2,078 01-20-2024, 04:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Masters in HR - anyone accelerate through this degree? Whitepines 4 497 01-05-2024, 08:43 PM
Last Post: Quackerz
  Can you pause your degree? Learnsomestuff 9 1,035 11-17-2023, 10:18 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  BSIT TO MSITM Program - Should I take required Certs before enrolling in degree? Brandon.Thomas.Downer 2 372 11-16-2023, 03:39 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  New degree in Supply Chain & Operations Management MNomadic 3 1,174 11-10-2023, 08:41 AM
Last Post: jsh1138
  Going back to school... Smgill2282 31 1,607 11-09-2023, 03:41 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Question about class line up for Software Engineering degree Omece 2 902 10-03-2023, 06:26 AM
Last Post: Omece
  How do transfer (sophia.org/ACE) credits look on a WGU transcript for grad school? dan087 4 946 09-25-2023, 05:01 AM
Last Post: dan087