Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
$15000 Doctorate NA
(12-28-2023, 02:23 PM)KSoul Wrote:
(09-10-2023, 09:52 PM)michaeladsmith2 Wrote:
(09-10-2023, 02:17 PM)Duneranger Wrote:
(09-10-2023, 01:24 PM)michaeladsmith2 Wrote:
(08-28-2023, 12:51 AM)AlvinG Wrote: Whoa, Whoa, you guys/girls literally cracked the code to get an MBA+MS for $350 at ENEB, and then literally found a DHA for $18,000!!!!!! ACCREDITED IN VA!?!? Omg! That’s insane.

Applause; I’m saving all of this for future reference.

This is what many of us have been telling people on this forum. Everyone has their opinions, but the reality is that ENEB has opened many doors for people by offering a nontraditional route to completing their education at the graduate level. It has given many the option (based on any number of Foreign Credential Evaluations) to transfer credits or seek employment. And even more options for Doctoral studies. People can say what they want, but I will not argue with anyone over ENEB when many of us have completed our ACCREDITED doctoral degrees due to our enrollment in ENEB at that steal of a price!

What's the job outlook for DHA degrees? There are so many clinical and non clinical oritented healthcare doctorates, it gets confusing. Or is it more to just complete the goal of getting SOME doctorate?

I went to school for a clinical based doctorate, so I am just wondering.

The outlook for a DHA graduate is excellent. As mentioned, Healthcare is a booming economy. And further, a DHA is a doctoral-level business degree that can be used in various fields in and outside healthcare. There are private, public, governmental and global positions (Hospitals & clinics,  WHO & CDC, The United Nations, County Health Dept., State Health Agencies, and a host of other healthcare organizations, including teaching & consultancy) where a DHA can find themselves serving. While some experience in healthcare is a plus, you don't need it in some cases. Many come to the DHA program with other transferable skills from many other sectors.

For example, I have over 28 years in a list of workforce environments: Customer Service, Veteran, Hospital Chaplain, Mental Health Therapist, Private-practice Counseling, Residential Life Dean of Men (K-12 and university), Community Advocacy and Civil Rights, Nonprofit Management, Human Resource Management, Board & Business Committee Chairman, Risk Management, DEIB, Entrepreneurship, and a few other experiences and solid backgrounds that can transfer to any number of positions with a DHA. 

Here are 50 potential job positions for individuals who hold a Doctorate in Health Administration (DHA):

1. Health System Executive
2. Hospital Administrator
3. Managed Healthcare Executive
4. Public Health Official
5. Senior Care Facility Director
6. University Professor in Health Administration
7. Research Director in Health Administration
8. Medical and Health Services Manager
9. Community Health Program Director
10. Healthcare Consultant
11. Health Information Manager
12. Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of a healthcare organization
13. Chief Operations Officer (COO) of a healthcare organization
14. Chief Financial Officer (CFO) of a healthcare organization
15. Director of Health and Human Services
16. Healthcare Facility Marketing Director
17. Director of Quality Assurance in a healthcare organization
18. Director of Health Information Systems
19. Healthcare Policy Analyst
20. State Health Director
21. Global Health Manager
22. Health Insurance Executive
23. Health Nonprofit Director
24. Director of Healthcare Advocacy
25. Director of Resident Health Services
26. Director of Employee Health Services
27. Academic Department Chair in Health Administration
28. Senior Public Health Adviser
29. Clinical Director
30. Director of Healthcare Compliance
31. Health Entrepreneur
32. Director of Home Health Services
33. Director of Managed Care
34. Director of Rehabilitation Services
35. Health Research Coordinator
36. Director of Environmental Health and Safety
37. Director of Clinical Informatics
38. Director of Public Relations for a healthcare organization
39. Director of Public Policy in Healthcare
40. Director of Patient Safety
41. Director of Community Relations for a healthcare organization
42. Director of Risk Management in Healthcare
43. Healthcare Human Resources Manager
44. Medical Practice Manager
45. Healthcare Data Analyst
46. Medical Staff Credentialing Manager
47. Healthcare Program Manager
48. Director of Health Services Research
49. Associate Dean of Healthcare Management Programs at Universities
50. Director of Veterans Health Administration.

A 2022 rgaduate posted in the Facebook forum yesterday about securing an adjunct position at Bellarmine University's Health Care Administration program. There may have been an additional connection to the university as they shared not having formal teaching experience. It's still cool to see another graduate securing a teaching position. 

I'm not sure if that is a future I'll explore; however, it's an excellent opportunity to have on the board as an option.

Bellarmine currently has an adjunct opening for healthcare administration, and they only require a master's degree.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
Two classes remain, with the first of the last three classes officially completed. This class, 807 Teaching Practicum Course, was a team project and easily the muddiest of all the courses, with there being a ton of confusion and several contradictory requirements as there were two large groups (Group A & Group B) with two professors and slightly different requirements to meet creating unnessacary drama for a lot of the students. In addition, whenever you create teams, there is the possibility for a disbalance of efforts and quality of work. This was the case for many, so it made for some entertaining drama and, unfortunately, overwhelming moments throughout the 8-week process.

Zero interest in sharing our team's experience; however, I am pleased to confirm another A is locked in the books with only the last two hurdles to finish my experience out with Summa cum laude honors. Of course, this is just for internal rewards as the mileage for honors may and probably is not worth the effort. I will know!

Eight more weeks!
Virginia University of Lynchburg Doctorate of Healthcare Administration 2024
Universidad Isabel I / ENEB MBA & Master in Big Data and Business Intelligence, summa cum laude
University of Presque Isle BABA Management and Leadership, magna cum lauda
RANSOMSOUL
[-] The following 3 users Like KSoul's post:
  • Imbanewbie, Jonathan Whatley, ss20ts
(02-26-2024, 07:26 AM)KSoul Wrote: Two classes remain, with the first of the last three classes officially completed. This class, 807 Teaching Practicum Course, was a team project and easily the muddiest of all the courses, with there being a ton of confusion and several contradictory requirements as there were two large groups (Group A & Group B) with two professors and slightly different requirements to meet creating unnessacary drama for a lot of the students. In addition, whenever you create teams, there is the possibility for a disbalance of efforts and quality of work. This was the case for many, so it made for some entertaining drama and, unfortunately, overwhelming moments throughout the 8-week process.

Zero interest in sharing our team's experience; however, I am pleased to confirm another A is locked in the books with only the last two hurdles to finish my experience out with Summa cum laude honors. Of course, this is just for internal rewards as the mileage for honors may and probably is not worth the effort. I will know!

Eight more weeks!

Unfortunately since it is a doctoral program there is no greek honors sorry to burst your bubble.  Undecided
Degrees In Progress:
EVMS Doctor of Health Science
Completed Degrees:
Doctor of Healthcare Administration Dec 2021 
Masters of Business Administration July 2022
Masters of Public Administration '19
Masters of Arts in Urban Affairs '17
Masters of Arts in Criminal Justice '16
Bachelors of Science in Police Studies '14
Advanced Graduate Certificate in Criminal Investigations '15
(02-26-2024, 07:26 AM)KSoul Wrote: Two classes remain, with the first of the last three classes officially completed. This class, 807 Teaching Practicum Course, was a team project and easily the muddiest of all the courses, with there being a ton of confusion and several contradictory requirements as there were two large groups (Group A & Group B) with two professors and slightly different requirements to meet creating unnessacary drama for a lot of the students. In addition, whenever you create teams, there is the possibility for a disbalance of efforts and quality of work. This was the case for many, so it made for some entertaining drama and, unfortunately, overwhelming moments throughout the 8-week process.

Eight more weeks!

I'm glad you enjoyed the DHA program. Does VUL grant Latin honors to their doctoral students? Graduate schools rarely grant Latin honors. Congratulations on a 4.0 GPA, but as the saying goes, "What do you call a doctor that graduates last in their class?" Answer: Doctor.

Also, I noticed that VUL is nationally accredited by TRACS. How do you feel the program was overall? On par or below par with RA schools?
(02-27-2024, 12:46 PM)Airamb Wrote:

Eight more weeks!

I'm glad you enjoyed the DHA program. Does VUL grant Latin honors to their doctoral students? Graduate schools rarely grant Latin honors. Congratulations on a 4.0 GPA, but as the saying goes, "What do you call a doctor that graduates last in their class?" Answer: Doctor.

Also, I noticed that VUL is nationally accredited by TRACS. How do you feel the program was overall? On par or below par with RA schools?

Good catch (too casual in my writing): VUL does not grant honors at the doctorate level; this was me claiming 4.0 and associating the traditional values.

Several students are earning their second doctorate with the original from an RA, and most have shared that the rigor is similar in several areas. Where VUL gets the rub is they are small, and it feels like a small staff throughout the process. This may be less NA versus RA and more about resources and capital. VUL is still in the growing pain phase of the game. Their heart seems to be in the right place–there have been countless quality moments and I continue to be pleased with the decision.
Universidad Isabel I / ENEB MBA & Master in Big Data and Business Intelligence, summa cum laude
RANSOMSOUL
I am attempting to locate an online doctorate for less than 25,000 and have worked the last 20 years as a paramedic... But I have two concerns.
1) So this program on the surface looks nice. However, I am wanting to enter academia and am concerned that the National accreditation will be a red flag over an RA program.

2) Someone said this is a HBCU, and I am fully Caucasian without any African ancestry at all. Is the school even open to non-blacks, and has this been an issue for anyone either way?
1) Accreditation can matter for employment in academia. Look at positions and employers that interest you and see if they require RA status.
2) This is a non-issue. All are welcome.
siersema Wrote:1) Accreditation can matter for employment in academia. Look at positions and employers that interest you and see if they require RA status.
2) This is a non-issue. All are welcome.

This is correct, I would pretty much do something similar and see what you find. Some institutions are NA and others are RA, they may have different requirements to become academic professors in whichever department you're looking at. You also want to see what your progression ladder is like, as I mentioned in your previous thread, you're still going into 'administration' which is 'business', you're still laterally moving from industry/sector to another industry/sector of your studies.

Take your time to review advice, posts, threads, decide then... Would the DHA from VUL help you when it will now cost $20K? Or would a Level 8 UK Diploma and a DBA that is RA, combined for $14K be cheaper and more recognized for you? Decide and weigh your options, 80% will go the DBA route, 20% will do the DHA just because of the NA/RA accreditation alone: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...lic-Policy
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I completed the final three assignments for the DHA program. The guidance provided was rich in requirements and structured clearly, effectively keeping the car on the road down the final stretch.

Research Practicum / Professor Hampton:
In the context of the Research Practicum, there was some feedback in the forum, primarily negative, about Dr. Hampton. However, I found her exceptionally intelligent and deeply committed to fostering students' understanding of research. She manages her research firm and is also heavily involved in government work. Despite being a relatively young professional, her accomplishments served as an inspiration. It's worth noting that while she might not resonate with everyone, she has had a significant impact on my academic journey. Rumor has it that this course resulted in lower grades for some individuals, but I am optimistic that everyone will complete the course. There is a tremendous amount of research papers to read, the Zoom sessions are intense, and you must have concision and be clear on the point when speaking, or it can become uncomfortable. Dr. Hampton has a top-tier BS radar; once she clocks it, she will expose you. The breadth of knowledge gained in this course has been exceptional, and the only upgrade would have been to have this class in the front with a Part 2 in the back end to continue the research. How and why they stuffed all that was required into 8-weeks is crazy. If this course were early, perhaps several students would have dropped out due to the rigor. The final grades will be released around the 16th-20th.

Teaching Practicum / Dr. Edwards:
The Teaching Practicum presented an interesting dynamic. Substantial weight was placed on discussion posts, which initially led to humbling scores for several students and early frustrations. They ended up being more like weekly one—or two-page essays than discussion posts, which was fine once you caught a groove. Two large assignments, in the end, make up 50% of your grade, and the most challenging part of them is the strict page count requirement as it requires you to show significant discipline, which was fun at first, and then countless revisions made it less fun, but it all comes together. For those interested in enrolling at VUL, save all of your reading requirements from the program as they will come in handy for this course; without them, it can cause you unnecessary stress.

Overall, I feel confident in achieving my GPA goal based on the quality of the work submitted for these final assignments. I eagerly look forward to the upcoming release of the grades for further validation.
RANSOMSOUL
[-] The following 2 users Like KSoul's post:
  • jg_nuy, Jonathan Whatley

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  32-credit doctorate in systems engineer? It's possible! sanantone 4 1,980 04-07-2024, 10:55 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  DBA from EIU Paris - 2yrs total €5000 WES recognised as Doctorate? FrHaseKopf 5 463 03-17-2024, 11:15 PM
  Seeking Doctorate in National Security or Public Policy FireMedic_Philosopher 23 1,090 03-07-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  Universidad Azteca's new doctorate programs Kalas 8 806 02-25-2024, 07:35 AM
Last Post: Messdiener
  EIMT Doctorate Program reputation EducationSeeker 8 3,968 02-16-2024, 01:36 AM
Last Post: sbeaty
  Online doctorate degrees Malaysia Johann1 6 936 02-08-2024, 01:52 AM
  FREE doctorate in Economy & Government (in Spanish, in Spain) Kalas 1 495 01-26-2024, 08:47 AM
Last Post: Harry101
  Help me pick my next doctorate! jfitzg8876 5 917 11-07-2023, 04:47 PM
  Liberty University Doctorate DBA Rhashad 20 3,821 09-28-2023, 11:07 PM
Last Post: SophiaPrincess
  UCN like doctorate options? Sdmj33 23 5,874 08-24-2023, 05:07 PM
Last Post: elcastor21