Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
$15000 Doctorate NA
Hello everybody. Some updates:

There are 65 days left till the end of the semester, and I will post a more thorough evaluation. Nevertheless, despite the school's flaws, I am reasonably pleased with everything thus far. Classes are exceptionally well-rounded. Anyone with a master's degree in business will find the first six classes to be incredibly simple. The purpose of the first six classes is to have all students on the same page. Even though this is a Doctor of Healthcare Administration program, it focuses heavily on the Western hospital system. While there is a minor global emphasis, the majority of instances concentrate on for-profit systems and businesses. As awful as it is, healthcare is a business.

This is taught by VUL's business department. This is a business degree in VUL's perspective.

Depending on your Master's, you will take numerous classes and experience a great deal of work. Master of Arts in Organizational Leadership program at the University of Maine at Presque Isle seemed to need less effort than this program. However, I chose to move quicker. This is a fast-paced program with strict due dates. So the transition from asynchronous to rigid deadlines was quite big adjustment for me.

The first and second semesters are not terrible. Because the stakes and difficulties are increased, the third semester is a bit insane. In Semester 3, there is a heavy reliance on group work, which is not always successful. It is crucial that you develop friends and study partners as soon as possible throughout semesters 1 and 2. While it may not be necessary in Semesters 1 and 2, it is essential in Semester 3.

Professors so far:
- Gupta teaches two classes. He assigns a lot of books. Don't cheap out on the books. You will spend 20+ hours a week reading books. These books offer an amazing foundation. He does NOT like citations. He wants you to write your case studies from a perspective of you being the leader. If you used references, his response is "we hired you to be an executive, we didn't hire a bookshelf to look it up ourselves". He pushes for your experience and your synthesis. He usually spends his classes telling us stories, and, how he used things in his life. He focuses more on traditional theory, and, having you know the foundations.
- Hammond. Also teaches 2 classes. He's obsessed with Grammarly, it's worth getting. He will push your references and your Grammar to be perfect. Hammond does lecture, but, he mostly answers questions and talks about the assignments.
- Wodicka. Badass professor. He's the most organized. Easy going. He depends on Harvard Business Review articles. He is direct, and straight to the point. His lectures are very organized. His articles are very modern and very relevant.
- Alexander. He's a lawyer and very logical. He's an extremely fair grader. His assignments are to the point and direct. He does forget how to operate the class gradebook, but, he does give very detailed feedback.
- Hampton. I... Just. I'll update you all when I have the diploma.
- Cornwell. Direct, grading process is confusing, but, she gives you a chart. She has her own grading system that only makes sense if you use her chart. Very direct, very to the point, and very precise.

We were acquired by a large corporation on behalf of my employer. The new business is ecstatic. The CEO thinks it's absurd that we're teaching three classes at once. One of our clients is a PhD, and she told me I'm crazy for taking three classes at once, as most doctoral programs only allow one class at a time, and accelerated is two (8 to 16 weeks typically). So the thought of three at once is a bit surprising, but they agree with the timeframe and do not believe it devalues the degree.

I registered in ENEB early in the first semester because it was so simple for me and it served as a refresher for my Master's. A few months back, Validential did eventually evaluate my ENEB degree. This was submitted to the University of Lynchburg in Virginia. They did honor me with the accomplishment. The externship will not be required of me. According to what I informed one of the new friends I made, his girlfriend also completed the ENEB classes in a few months. With only the ENEB MBA, he was just accepted last week.

Virginia does allow Validential as an evaluator. I was able to communicate directly with the President of the University about this, and she had no objections. It is a valid evaluator, she remarked, although she needed to verify a few details. Isabel is required to send the school her transcripts and evaluation (not ENEB). However, they fully support it. The MBA's ENEB curriculum has a phenomenal basis. The MBA can be learned through their easy-to-read textbooks. Because they are business courses, your first six courses at VUL will be simple.

My knowledge of business theories has been tested and expanded via VUL. I can quote these notions verbatim at this point. I have established new contacts and friendships. I now speak regularly with the CEO of a hospital, the director of a state's health department, many nurse practitioners, hospital executives, and an insurance executive, among others. It is unfathomable how diverse and accomplished the majority of kids are. The majority of the friends I've made are proud to attend an HBCU and to have accomplished so much.

This experience is truly unforgettable. Despite the difficulty, I do not regret my past actions.

I shall become Dr. Ashkir.
[-] The following 4 users Like ashkir's post:
  • cerich67, datby98, DeanLewis, rachel83az
It isn't true that most doctoral programs limit students to one course at a time. Most schools are on the semester system. If they're not on the semester system, then they're usually on the quarter system. For financial aid purposes, you need to be enrolled in at least 5 semester credits per semester to count as half-time. I don't think there is any school participating in Title IV that will force students to not qualify for financial aid. Nine credits per semester is the norm for a full-time doctoral student.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
(10-14-2022, 03:14 PM)ashkir Wrote: Hello everybody. Some updates:

There are 65 days left till the end of the semester, and I will post a more thorough evaluation. Nevertheless, despite the school's flaws, I am reasonably pleased with everything thus far. Classes are exceptionally well-rounded. Anyone with a master's degree in business will find the first six classes to be incredibly simple. The purpose of the first six classes is to have all students on the same page. Even though this is a Doctor of Healthcare Administration program, it focuses heavily on the Western hospital system. While there is a minor global emphasis, the majority of instances concentrate on for-profit systems and businesses. As awful as it is, healthcare is a business.

This is taught by VUL's business department. This is a business degree in VUL's perspective.

Depending on your Master's, you will take numerous classes and experience a great deal of work. Master of Arts in Organizational Leadership program at the University of Maine at Presque Isle seemed to need less effort than this program. However, I chose to move quicker. This is a fast-paced program with strict due dates. So the transition from asynchronous to rigid deadlines was quite big adjustment for me.

The first and second semesters are not terrible. Because the stakes and difficulties are increased, the third semester is a bit insane. In Semester 3, there is a heavy reliance on group work, which is not always successful. It is crucial that you develop friends and study partners as soon as possible throughout semesters 1 and 2. While it may not be necessary in Semesters 1 and 2, it is essential in Semester 3.

Professors so far:
- Gupta teaches two classes. He assigns a lot of books. Don't cheap out on the books. You will spend 20+ hours a week reading books. These books offer an amazing foundation. He does NOT like citations. He wants you to write your case studies from a perspective of you being the leader. If you used references, his response is "we hired you to be an executive, we didn't hire a bookshelf to look it up ourselves". He pushes for your experience and your synthesis. He usually spends his classes telling us stories, and, how he used things in his life. He focuses more on traditional theory, and, having you know the foundations.
- Hammond. Also teaches 2 classes. He's obsessed with Grammarly, it's worth getting. He will push your references and your Grammar to be perfect. Hammond does lecture, but, he mostly answers questions and talks about the assignments.
- Wodicka. Badass professor. He's the most organized. Easy going. He depends on Harvard Business Review articles. He is direct, and straight to the point. His lectures are very organized. His articles are very modern and very relevant.
- Alexander. He's a lawyer and very logical. He's an extremely fair grader. His assignments are to the point and direct. He does forget how to operate the class gradebook, but, he does give very detailed feedback.
- Cornwell. Direct, grading process is confusing, but, she gives you a chart. She has her own grading system that only makes sense if you use her chart. Very direct, very to the point, and very precise.

We were acquired by a large corporation on behalf of my employer. The new business is ecstatic. The CEO thinks it's absurd that we're teaching three classes at once. One of our clients is a PhD, and she told me I'm crazy for taking three classes at once, as most doctoral programs only allow one class at a time, and accelerated is two (8 to 16 weeks typically). So the thought of three at once is a bit surprising, but they agree with the timeframe and do not believe it devalues the degree.

I registered in ENEB early in the first semester because it was so simple for me and it served as a refresher for my Master's. A few months back, Validential did eventually evaluate my ENEB degree. This was submitted to the University of Lynchburg in Virginia. They did honor me with the accomplishment. The externship will not be required of me. According to what I informed one of the new friends I made, his girlfriend also completed the ENEB classes in a few months. With only the ENEB MBA, he was just accepted last week.

Virginia does allow Validential as an evaluator. I was able to communicate directly with the President of the University about this, and she had no objections. It is a valid evaluator, she remarked, although she needed to verify a few details. Isabel is required to send the school her transcripts and evaluation (not ENEB). However, they fully support it. The MBA's ENEB curriculum has a phenomenal basis. The MBA can be learned through their easy-to-read textbooks. Because they are business courses, your first six courses at VUL will be simple.

My knowledge of business theories has been tested and expanded via VUL. I can quote these notions verbatim at this point. I have established new contacts and friendships. I now speak regularly with the CEO of a hospital, the director of a state's health department, many nurse practitioners, hospital executives, and an insurance executive, among others. It is unfathomable how diverse and accomplished the majority of kids are. The majority of the friends I've made are proud to attend an HBCU and to have accomplished so much.

This experience is truly unforgettable. Despite the difficulty, I do not regret my past actions.

I finished the program back in December of 2021 and walked graduation in August 2022. Everything above is true, just curious did they change the DHA 808 Research Practicum back to a group project? I know my cohort had to do it individually which was extremely challenging, frustrating, and tiring. Cohort one had the opportunity to do it in groups and from what I am hearing, It went back to a group assignment. Correct me if I am wrong?
Degrees In Progress:
EVMS Doctor of Health Science
Completed Degrees:
Doctor of Healthcare Administration Dec 2021 
Masters of Business Administration July 2022
Masters of Public Administration '19
Masters of Arts in Urban Affairs '17
Masters of Arts in Criminal Justice '16
Bachelors of Science in Police Studies '14
Advanced Graduate Certificate in Criminal Investigations '15
(10-14-2022, 03:46 PM)newdegree Wrote:

Professors so far:

I finished the program back in December of 2021 and walked graduation in August 2022. Everything above is true, just curious did they change the DHA 808 Research Practicum back to a group project? I know my cohort had to do it individually which was extremely challenging, frustrating, and tiring. Cohort one had the opportunity to do it in groups and from what I am hearing, It went back to a group assignment. Correct me if I am wrong?
newdegree how do you like EVMS DHSc program? How does the coursework compare to VUL? That program was one that I originally considered along with Capella (DHA) and Liberty (DBA). The price is about $45K for EVMS if I'm correct? I'm also guessing you can't transfer coursework from other programs as well?

Professors so far:

Yep. It's back in the group format. Dr. Hampton is very cryptic. I don't wanna say too much until I get my diploma. But, this is the one professor that makes me bang my head against my desk. In a zoom class she downright called a student stupid. She's rather difficult. But, I have another 60 days with her, so I'll see if its just part of her method.
(10-18-2022, 11:40 PM)ashkir Wrote:

Professors so far:

Yep. It's back in the group format. Dr. Hampton is very cryptic. I don't wanna say too much until I get my diploma. But, this is the one professor that makes me bang my head against my desk. In a zoom class she downright called a student stupid. She's rather difficult. But, I have another 60 days with her, so I'll see if its just part of her method.

That's total BS so my cohort got the bad stick and we had to do it Solo... mine ended up 50 pages. People got it so easy now..
Degrees In Progress:
Completed Degrees:
(10-19-2022, 09:42 AM)newdegree Wrote:

Professors so far:

That's total BS so my cohort got the bad stick and we had to do it Solo... mine ended up 50 pages. People got it so easy now..

She increased the IRB to 80 pages minimum, and, limited group sizes to 3. With it, the informed consent is larger now. She also added an individual essay for students.
(10-19-2022, 11:00 AM)ashkir Wrote:
(10-19-2022, 09:42 AM)newdegree Wrote:

Professors so far:

She increased the IRB to 80 pages minimum, and, limited group sizes to 3. With it, the informed consent is larger now. She also added an individual essay for students.
Even still divided up it turned out to be less work than we had to do. Imagine three people each doing a 40-60 page IRB alone. Different projects and research with no help. As I said all other cohorts had it easier than cohort two because they got to do group projects while we suffered hence the reference we got the bad stick. The only good thing I got out of working solo was I learned to do the entire process myself and I completed another IRB application for my master's Capstone course at Hellenic American University in addition to my consultant paper.
Degrees In Progress:
Completed Degrees:
[-] The following 1 user Likes newdegree's post:
  • cerich67
(10-14-2022, 03:14 PM)ashkir Wrote: Virginia does allow Validential as an evaluator. I was able to communicate directly with the President of the University about this, and she had no objections. It is a valid evaluator, she remarked, although she needed to verify a few details. Isabel is required to send the school her transcripts and evaluation (not ENEB). However, they fully support it. The MBA's ENEB curriculum has a phenomenal basis. The MBA can be learned through their easy-to-read textbooks. Because they are business courses, your first six courses at VUL will be simple.

You mentioned that some holders of an ENEB Master's had been admitted, but I'm curious about the details of how that works, because Isabel (unless something has recently changed) does not handle or send transcripts for any of its propio degree programs offered by partner teaching schools. They leave that entirely up to the teaching schools (the school in this case would of course be ENEB).
From the look of things, that one instructor seems a little picky on what the requirements are. Oh wells... When is the next cohort or two? I am thinking of this Nationally Accredited DHA program as it's only a 1-year program versus others that are 3-4 years in length. I recall, you just need two ENEB MBA/Masters evaluated by Valedential and have them forward it to VUL, does it need to go through UC1? I'll PM you and another member who just enrolled...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  32-credit doctorate in systems engineer? It's possible! sanantone 4 1,979 04-07-2024, 10:55 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  DBA from EIU Paris - 2yrs total €5000 WES recognised as Doctorate? FrHaseKopf 5 461 03-17-2024, 11:15 PM
  Seeking Doctorate in National Security or Public Policy FireMedic_Philosopher 23 1,090 03-07-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  Universidad Azteca's new doctorate programs Kalas 8 806 02-25-2024, 07:35 AM
Last Post: Messdiener
  EIMT Doctorate Program reputation EducationSeeker 8 3,963 02-16-2024, 01:36 AM
Last Post: sbeaty
  Online doctorate degrees Malaysia Johann1 6 935 02-08-2024, 01:52 AM
  FREE doctorate in Economy & Government (in Spanish, in Spain) Kalas 1 494 01-26-2024, 08:47 AM
Last Post: Harry101
  Help me pick my next doctorate! jfitzg8876 5 917 11-07-2023, 04:47 PM
  Liberty University Doctorate DBA Rhashad 20 3,819 09-28-2023, 11:07 PM
Last Post: SophiaPrincess
  UCN like doctorate options? Sdmj33 23 5,874 08-24-2023, 05:07 PM
Last Post: elcastor21