Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
$15000 Doctorate NA
Narrowed down my two options for a doctorate to the University of Saint Mary, EdD in Leadership and VUL DHA. Cost and time to complete are similar, with St Mary being 6k more and an additional year. It reads less, similar to how I had it in my decision process. After being approved for both, I decided to go with VUL and will be part of the May cohort.

A lot of time ahead to change my mind, but it all feels like it is coming together nicely.
Virginia University of Lynchburg Doctorate of Healthcare Administration 2024
Universidad Isabel I / ENEB MBA & Master in Big Data and Business Intelligence, summa cum laude
University of Presque Isle BABA Management and Leadership, magna cum lauda
RANSOMSOUL
[-] The following 3 users Like KSoul's post:
  • ashkir, michaeladsmith2, ss20ts
[Image: kNgD85.jpeg]

Thank you everyone for all of your advice and positive energy! I got my diploma and this chapter is closed!
[-] The following 15 users Like ashkir's post:
  • armado, AwardTour, CatsDomino, eLearner, frankc, IHatePickingUsernames, jch, Jonathan Whatley, JPN, jsd, lumina, origamishuttle, rachel83az, ROYISAGIRL, ss20ts
Congratulations, Dr. Ashkir!!!
(05-20-2023, 10:54 PM)ashkir Wrote: [Image: kNgD85.jpeg]

Thank you everyone for all of your advice and positive energy! I got my diploma and this chapter is closed!

Congratulations my friend. We are in our second DHA Semester so right behind you! Class of 2024!
Completed

Doctor of Healthcare Administration, Virginia University of Lynchburg
MBA, Universidad Isabel I / ENEB, 2022
Master in Business & Corporate Communication, Universidad Isabel I / ENEB, 2022
DiMAP, Diploma in Modern Applied Psychology, Academy of Modern Applied Psychology

In Progress

Master of Arts in Spiritual Formation, Regent University - School of Divinity
Master's in Project Management, Universidad Isabel I / ENEB 
Master's in Human Resources Management, Universidad Isabel I / ENEB
Master's in Big Data & Business Intelligence, Universidad Isabel I / ENEB
Master's in International Trade, Universidad Isabel I / ENEB
Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Studies, TESU or Excelsior University 

[-] The following 1 user Likes michaeladsmith2's post:
  • IHatePickingUsernames
(05-20-2023, 10:54 PM)ashkir Wrote: Thank you everyone for all of your advice and positive energy! I got my diploma and this chapter is closed!

This is awesome! Thank you for sharing, Dr. Nick!

[Image: tumblr_p49et2Yaxm1vl7b4bo7_500.gif]
Pierpont Community & Technical College 2022
Associate of Applied Science - Board of Governors - Area of Emphasis: Information Systems
Western Governors University 
Bachelor of Science - Cloud Computing
Charter Oak State College
Bachelor of Science - General Studies - Concentration: Information Systems Studies
Thomas Edison State University
Bachelor of Arts - Computer Science
Associate in Science in Natural Sciences and Mathematics - Mathematics
University of Maine at Presque Isle 
Bachelor of Applied Science - Minor: Project Management
Congratulations ashkir, amazing job! Great stuff, you've got the DHA done!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • ashkir
(02-09-2023, 01:38 AM)KSoul Wrote: Narrowed down my two options for a doctorate to the University of Saint Mary, EdD in Leadership and VUL DHA. Cost and time to complete are similar, with St Mary being 6k more and an additional year. It reads less, similar to how I had it in my decision process. After being approved for both, I decided to go with VUL and will be part of the May cohort.

A lot of time ahead to change my mind, but it all feels like it is coming together nicely.

The Saint Mary's program looks pretty decent. Not nearly as long as many other EdDs I've reviewed. I'm adding this to my short list for next year. I definitely need RA. I know everyone doesn't need an RA program. And for those who don't and just want a doctorate, the VUL DHA seems like the way to go. I still can't imagine cramming a doctorate into a year. Seems like you'd never sleep or have a break. i'm actually enjoying taking a weekend off from my studies this weekend. Not something I've been able to do since I went back to school in February 2020. Kind of amazing how much freedom I have at WGU. Not something I expected, but I'm enjoying it! 

Have you started your cohort at VUL?
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • origamishuttle
(05-20-2023, 10:54 PM)ashkir Wrote: [Image: kNgD85.jpeg]

Congratulations, Dr. Ashkir!!! (The frame looks huge! Big Grin )
(05-21-2023, 12:54 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(02-09-2023, 01:38 AM)KSoul Wrote: Narrowed down my two options for a doctorate to the University of Saint Mary, EdD in Leadership and VUL DHA. Cost and time to complete are similar, with St Mary being 6k more and an additional year. It reads less, similar to how I had it in my decision process. After being approved for both, I decided to go with VUL and will be part of the May cohort.

The Saint Mary's program looks pretty decent. Not nearly as long as many other EdDs I've reviewed. I'm adding this to my short list for next year. I definitely need RA. I know everyone doesn't need an RA program. And for those who don't and just want a doctorate, the VUL DHA seems like the way to go. I still can't imagine cramming a doctorate into a year. Seems like you'd never sleep or have a break. i'm actually enjoying taking a weekend off from my studies this weekend. Not something I've been able to do since I went back to school in February 2020. Kind of amazing how much freedom I have at WGU. Not something I expected, but I'm enjoying it! 

Not checking the thread as much, so thank you for your patience. Yes, I started in May; I am halfway through one course and just awaiting the final grade on another. My third class has been loaded and will be starting shortly. The program has plenty of busy work; however, I can still go on weekend adventures; this is important as I did not move to Europe to hang in the house writing papers when there is so much to see and do out here. I've had some moments (mostly early) when I felt that I took on a little more than expected, and then after receiving positive feedback and high marks on case studies and essays, all settled down. I knew there was enough within me to get through the program, so leaning into the challenge and being grateful for the opportunity is my mindset.

Now, I am more on a daily high thinking that comes 2024; I will have earned a doctorate. It's a satisfying academic headspace to be in.
Universidad Isabel I / ENEB MBA & Master in Big Data and Business Intelligence, summa cum laude
RANSOMSOUL
(06-24-2023, 06:16 AM)KSoul Wrote:
(05-21-2023, 12:54 PM)ss20ts Wrote:

Not checking the thread as much, so thank you for your patience. Yes, I started in May; I am halfway through one course and just awaiting the final grade on another. My third class has been loaded and will be starting shortly. The program has plenty of busy work; however, I can still go on weekend adventures; this is important as I did not move to Europe to hang in the house writing papers when there is so much to see and do out here. I've had some moments (mostly early) when I felt that I took on a little more than expected, and then after receiving positive feedback and high marks on case studies and essays, all settled down. I knew there was enough within me to get through the program, so leaning into the challenge and being grateful for the opportunity is my mindset.

Now, I am more on a daily high thinking that comes 2024; I will have earned a doctorate. It's a satisfying academic headspace to be in.

Since the Professors and courses have been discussed in reasonable detail ( the first 3), I will not be adding information to the forum other than to confirm the details on the thread are correct. I am currently enrolled in three courses:

Change Management/Dr. Gupta -. Gupta is a fair grader and provides entertaining weekly Zoom sessions. Compared to my previous self-paced courses, the 16-week course takes a bit to get used to. On the positive side, the workload is very manageable, and the only drawback is the time it takes to receive feedback and grades. I am on track for an A.

Organizational Communication/Dr. Hammond - This class is straightforward and aligns well with traditional business degree topics. Dr. Hammond may be a bit elusive in his guidance, but overall, you pick up on the subtle clues he provides for assignments. My final grades came in yesterday, and I finished with an A.

Leadership & Professional Issues/Dr. Wodicka - This course has just started, and the one upside is that you can work ahead. I have taken on the challenge and completed a few weeks' assignments. Until told otherwise, I will try to finish this 8-week course in less time than scheduled. Unlike Gupta & Hammond, Dr. Wodicka requires discussion posts to be 300+ words each (two a week). The other courses had no length requirement, but less than 300 words were acceptable. Luckily, each discussion post has 2-3 questions, allowing for more than enough to write about. 

I am pleased with the program and appreciate the network forming in the private groups for the program. There is a mix of students scoring high marks and feeling confident, while others are just getting by and celebrating their survival skills. Some students are considering dropping out daily, and others are not performing well. Unfortunately, I fear that several of them may be asked to leave unless something changes dramatically.

Traveling all of August should make the program adventurous–having multiple finals,  case studies, discussion posts, and Zooms while traveling should make my flight back to Germany in September a good time to sleep. Hopefully, it will also be a time of celebration from earning two more A grades.
RANSOMSOUL
[-] The following 1 user Likes KSoul's post:
  • ashkir

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DBA from EIU Paris - 2yrs total €5000 WES recognised as Doctorate? FrHaseKopf 5 323 03-17-2024, 11:15 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Seeking Doctorate in National Security or Public Policy FireMedic_Philosopher 23 897 03-07-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  32-credit doctorate in systems engineer? It's possible! sanantone 3 1,769 03-03-2024, 01:32 AM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  Universidad Azteca's new doctorate programs Kalas 8 713 02-25-2024, 07:35 AM
Last Post: Messdiener
  EIMT Doctorate Program reputation EducationSeeker 8 3,419 02-16-2024, 01:36 AM
Last Post: sbeaty
  Online doctorate degrees Malaysia Johann1 6 846 02-08-2024, 01:52 AM
  FREE doctorate in Economy & Government (in Spanish, in Spain) Kalas 1 440 01-26-2024, 08:47 AM
Last Post: Harry101
  Help me pick my next doctorate! jfitzg8876 5 872 11-07-2023, 04:47 PM
  Liberty University Doctorate DBA Rhashad 20 3,718 09-28-2023, 11:07 PM
Last Post: SophiaPrincess
  UCN like doctorate options? Sdmj33 23 5,784 08-24-2023, 05:07 PM
Last Post: elcastor21