Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2 COVID Vaccines Approved, End to Pandemic in Sight??
A big shout out to the states that are throwing away vaccines because they can't get them to the "right" people, and hospitals/clinics will be penalized by giving them to the "wrong" people. I'm looking at you California and New York! Yes, you heard correctly - once the vial is opened, you have 6 hours to give the vaccines out, and CA & NY insisted that if you can't give shots to the "correct" people who are prioritized (frontline healthcare workers and residents of nursing homes and other long-term facilities), then you could have your license taken away if you give the shots to anyone else. They would rather throw them away then give them to someone not on the list.

In the last few days, they've loosened up the restrictions, but they've known about this rollout for months now, and still can't find a way to get it out to everyone, nor done quickly.

This in spite of the fact that some states have been able to get a majority of their vaccines out (ND, SD, WV), but CA only has given out 25%. And THIS is the state that Biden wants the rest of the US to follow. Sigh...in spite of the record number of people fleeing the state...
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(01-18-2021, 01:51 PM)dfrecore Wrote: A big shout out to the states that are throwing away vaccines because they can't get them to the "right" people, and hospitals/clinics will be penalized by giving them to the "wrong" people.  I'm looking at you California and New York!  Yes, you heard correctly - once the vial is opened, you have 6 hours to give the vaccines out, and CA & NY insisted that if you can't give shots to the "correct" people who are prioritized (frontline healthcare workers and residents of nursing homes and other long-term facilities), then you could have your license taken away if you give the shots to anyone else.  They would rather throw them away then give them to someone not on the list.

In the last few days, they've loosened up the restrictions, but they've known about this rollout for months now, and still can't find a way to get it out to everyone, nor done quickly.

This in spite of the fact that some states have been able to get a majority of their vaccines out (ND, SD, WV), but CA only has given out 25%.  And THIS is the state that Biden wants the rest of the US to follow.  Sigh...in spite of the record number of people fleeing the state...

Wow that is very frustrating. I've been volunteering for vaccine distribution in my state and they've been making sure every needle finds an arm. Obviously we've been getting them primarily to the target demographics but by the end of the day, if we have extras that we can't get rid of, we take anyone in. We've been calling in family and such, just to make sure nothing is wasted.
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
(01-18-2021, 02:39 PM)MNomadic Wrote:
(01-18-2021, 01:51 PM)dfrecore Wrote: A big shout out to the states that are throwing away vaccines because they can't get them to the "right" people, and hospitals/clinics will be penalized by giving them to the "wrong" people.  I'm looking at you California and New York!  Yes, you heard correctly - once the vial is opened, you have 6 hours to give the vaccines out, and CA & NY insisted that if you can't give shots to the "correct" people who are prioritized (frontline healthcare workers and residents of nursing homes and other long-term facilities), then you could have your license taken away if you give the shots to anyone else.  They would rather throw them away then give them to someone not on the list.

This in spite of the fact that some states have been able to get a majority of their vaccines out (ND, SD, WV), but CA only has given out 25%.  And THIS is the state that Biden wants the rest of the US to follow.  Sigh...in spite of the record number of people fleeing the state...

Wow that is very frustrating. I've been volunteering for vaccine distribution in my state and they've been making sure every needle finds an arm. Obviously we've been getting them primarily to the target demographics but by the end of the day, if we have extras that we can't get rid of, we take anyone in. We've been calling in family and such, just to make sure nothing is wasted.

Yes, you would think that giving the vaccine to ANYONE who wants it would be better than throwing them away!

Also, last week LA County, which is one of the worst spots on planet Earth for Covid, opened up Dodger Stadium to give out the vaccine.  And then closed today for MLK day.  Because apparently, Covid's not an emergency or anything...I mean, seriously, could the state be more inept?  I think not.

And then people wonder why people aren't lining up to take the vaccines, or following the guidelines.  The people at the top don't follow the guidelines themselves (look at a BUNCH of governors whose states are locked down) and LA county says a day off is more important than giving out vaccines.  If people at the top don't think it's a priority, why would the rest of us feel like it is?
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(01-18-2021, 09:33 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Yes, you would think that giving the vaccine to ANYONE who wants it would be better than throwing them away!

Also, last week LA County, which is one of the worst spots on planet Earth for Covid, opened up Dodger Stadium to give out the vaccine.  And then closed today for MLK day.  Because apparently, Covid's not an emergency or anything...I mean, seriously, could the state be more inept?  I think not.

And then people wonder why people aren't lining up to take the vaccines, or following the guidelines.  The people at the top don't follow the guidelines themselves (look at a BUNCH of governors whose states are locked down) and LA county says a day off is more important than giving out vaccines.  If people at the top don't think it's a priority, why would the rest of us feel like it is?

If we do the 1 million vaccine shots per day, that is still 400 days just to get 200 million vaccinated.

The biggest problem we have is the lack of vaccine manufacturing capacity and both our political parties don't seem to be worried about it. If this virus mutates to the point where the current vaccine doesn't work, then we're going to be sitting here again for another 1 to 2 years waiting for things to be built that should have been done by now.

The UK govt. is building a new vaccine plant that can make 70m doses in 5 months for $150m:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article...ctory.html

Seeing lowest reproduction numbers since the lockdowns:
https://rt.live/

Huge drop in hospitalizations:
https://covidtracking.com/data/national/

23 million+ vaccines given in the USA so far:
https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/covid...tr_story_2

Cases Around the world:
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Israel Data coming out slowly should know more in a couple of weeks:
https://www.timesofisrael.com/israel-see...ccination/
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
Some students are getting tuition credit for participating in vaccination programs.
UW System announces tuition credit for students working at COVID-19 vaccination sites (wsaw.com)
Just got the second dose. What they say about the second dose is true, at least for me. I got a fever and headache for two days, but I recovered to normal on the third day.
Georgia Institute of Technology: MS in Analytics (3/32 Credits)
Boston University: MS in Software Development
Thomas Edison State University: BA in Liberal Studies
(02-16-2021, 06:30 PM)MrBossmanJr Wrote: Just got the second dose. What they say about the second dose is true, at least for me. I got a fever and headache for two days, but I recovered to normal on the third day.

That was exactly my experience. It slowed my momentum on accelerating my WGU degree but other than that, not a big deal. I'd rather feel like crap a few days and have a higher survival rate while lowering the chances of spreading anything to friends/family.
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
[-] The following 1 user Likes MNomadic's post:
  • MrBossmanJr
Biden said with the additional manufacturing capacity of the Johnson and Johnson vaccine, everyone should be able to get the vaccine by the end of May.

Novavax has gone through a 30,000 person trial in the UK, yet we are still waiting for approval which will likely be in May.  Novavax will be making 150 million+ doses per month.  This vaccine works better than the Johnson and Johnson vaccine and has been proven to work against the new strains of Covid.
https://www.cnbc.com/2021/03/01/covid-va...s-may.html

This Washington Post article suggested using one dose or fractional doses of the vaccine like they are doing in the UK.  I don't agree with doing something that isn't proven by science for short-term gains.  But as with the case with AstraZeneca vaccine, they aren't sure which dosing works the best.  Seems like they should have done 3-10 independent studies of 30,000 people each to figure this all out beforehand.  I do agree with the Washington Post that we need to be more aggressive in producing vaccines. 
https://archive.vn/SRMth#selection-609.199-609.304

Texas lifted all mask mandates and all business restrictions.  Other states are following suit. Doesn't matter much since everyone was wearing cotton masks anyway.

In other news
Andrew Cuomo is in the process of being canceled for touching a girl's face.
Dr. Seuss books are being canceled for being racist.
Disney is being proactive and canceling themselves for racist children's content.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 1 user Likes LevelUP's post:
  • StoicJ
(03-03-2021, 07:15 PM)LevelUP Wrote: In other news
Andrew Cuomo is in the process of being canceled for touching a girl's face.
Dr. Seuss books are being canceled for being racist.
Disney is being proactive and canceling themselves for racist children's content.

He did more than touch a woman's face.
If you can look at that girl's face and not see what every woman sees and has experienced at least once in her life, then saying "cancelled for touching a woman's face" tells me everything I need to know about you.
Upcoming Degrees:
Master of Arts in Social Science (conc. Sociology) - Georgia Southern University - April 2025
Up Next (Decision MADE!)
Ph.D in Criminal Justice (Intelligence) - UNG
Finished Degrees and Certificates: 
AAS Board of Governors - Pierpont Community & Technical College  8/2021
AS Business Administration (cum laude) -  Franklin University 9/2022
Grant Writing Certificate- Fort Hays State University - 11/2022
BS Social Science (cum laude) - Franklin University 12/2022

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Amazon ‘censored’ COVID-19 vaccine books after ‘feeling pressure’ from Biden White Ho Charles Fout 1 360 02-21-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
Exclamation Boston University Doctors Create New COVID Variant that Has 80% Kill Rate LevelUP 10 1,043 10-20-2022, 03:34 PM
Last Post: inf
  The Pandemic Effect on Food Deserts Kal Di 6 747 04-06-2022, 10:57 AM
Last Post: uncapentin
  You Versus Pandemic Inflation (What to Consider) Kal Di 14 1,416 03-16-2022, 05:32 AM
Last Post: Xyxyfendz
  The Pandemic Effect Is... Kal Di 1 663 02-10-2022, 12:58 AM
Last Post: WilliamC340
  Covid Update Alpha 24 2,278 02-02-2022, 11:13 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Should You Be Required to Show a COVID Vaccination Card In Order to Vote? LevelUP 44 4,102 08-29-2021, 04:14 AM
Last Post: collegecareerstudent
  Pandemic-To-Permanent bjcheung77 9 1,177 05-18-2021, 09:39 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Commencements During COVID natshar 6 1,155 04-02-2021, 06:36 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Anyone Else Getting Sick of This COVID Crap? LevelUP 33 3,349 07-26-2020, 05:10 PM
Last Post: StoicJ