Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2 COVID Vaccines Approved, End to Pandemic in Sight??
I just got the Moderna vaccine yesterday. Nothing, but a sore arm. I hear it's worse for people who had COVID-19 previously or more senior people.
Software Engineer Associate
Prior Electronics Radar/Navigation Technician

USC or GATech: MS in Data Science or Analytics (Awaiting Decision - Fall 2021)
Boston University: MS in Software Development - GPA: 3.80

Thomas Edison State University: BA in Liberal Studies GPA: 4.00 | AS in Natural Science and Mathematics (Computer Science, Mathematics) | Certificate in Electronics
Excelsior College: AAS in Technical Studies (Electronic/Instrumentation Technologies) - High Honors GPA: 3.79
Community College: AAS in Applied Science and Engineering Technology - Highest Honors GPA: 3.91 | AAS in Technical Studies (Computer Technology)

Epsilon Pi Tau International Honor Society Golden Key International Honor Society | Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society
A big shout out to the states that are throwing away vaccines because they can't get them to the "right" people, and hospitals/clinics will be penalized by giving them to the "wrong" people. I'm looking at you California and New York! Yes, you heard correctly - once the vial is opened, you have 6 hours to give the vaccines out, and CA & NY insisted that if you can't give shots to the "correct" people who are prioritized (frontline healthcare workers and residents of nursing homes and other long-term facilities), then you could have your license taken away if you give the shots to anyone else. They would rather throw them away then give them to someone not on the list.

In the last few days, they've loosened up the restrictions, but they've known about this rollout for months now, and still can't find a way to get it out to everyone, nor done quickly.

This in spite of the fact that some states have been able to get a majority of their vaccines out (ND, SD, WV), but CA only has given out 25%. And THIS is the state that Biden wants the rest of the US to follow. Sigh...in spite of the record number of people fleeing the state...
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(01-18-2021, 01:51 PM)dfrecore Wrote: A big shout out to the states that are throwing away vaccines because they can't get them to the "right" people, and hospitals/clinics will be penalized by giving them to the "wrong" people.  I'm looking at you California and New York!  Yes, you heard correctly - once the vial is opened, you have 6 hours to give the vaccines out, and CA & NY insisted that if you can't give shots to the "correct" people who are prioritized (frontline healthcare workers and residents of nursing homes and other long-term facilities), then you could have your license taken away if you give the shots to anyone else.  They would rather throw them away then give them to someone not on the list.

In the last few days, they've loosened up the restrictions, but they've known about this rollout for months now, and still can't find a way to get it out to everyone, nor done quickly.

This in spite of the fact that some states have been able to get a majority of their vaccines out (ND, SD, WV), but CA only has given out 25%.  And THIS is the state that Biden wants the rest of the US to follow.  Sigh...in spite of the record number of people fleeing the state...

Wow that is very frustrating. I've been volunteering for vaccine distribution in my state and they've been making sure every needle finds an arm. Obviously we've been getting them primarily to the target demographics but by the end of the day, if we have extras that we can't get rid of, we take anyone in. We've been calling in family and such, just to make sure nothing is wasted.
WGU BSIT Feb 2021 (77/121CU)  

RA(42cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(?cr): Most of them
Study.com(31cr): Eng 105, Fin 102, His 108, Lib Sci 101, Math 104, Stat 101, CS107, CS 303, BUS 107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(6cr): Robotics, Cyber
CSM(3cr)
CompTIA: A+, Network+, Server+, Security+
Google IT Support
Microsoft Certified Azure Fundamentals
Computer Science Fundamentals MicroBachelor(3cr)
*I think I'm updated... I really need to make an Omnitranscript to track everything....
(01-18-2021, 02:39 PM)MNomadic Wrote:
(01-18-2021, 01:51 PM)dfrecore Wrote: A big shout out to the states that are throwing away vaccines because they can't get them to the "right" people, and hospitals/clinics will be penalized by giving them to the "wrong" people.  I'm looking at you California and New York!  Yes, you heard correctly - once the vial is opened, you have 6 hours to give the vaccines out, and CA & NY insisted that if you can't give shots to the "correct" people who are prioritized (frontline healthcare workers and residents of nursing homes and other long-term facilities), then you could have your license taken away if you give the shots to anyone else.  They would rather throw them away then give them to someone not on the list.

This in spite of the fact that some states have been able to get a majority of their vaccines out (ND, SD, WV), but CA only has given out 25%.  And THIS is the state that Biden wants the rest of the US to follow.  Sigh...in spite of the record number of people fleeing the state...

Wow that is very frustrating. I've been volunteering for vaccine distribution in my state and they've been making sure every needle finds an arm. Obviously we've been getting them primarily to the target demographics but by the end of the day, if we have extras that we can't get rid of, we take anyone in. We've been calling in family and such, just to make sure nothing is wasted.

Yes, you would think that giving the vaccine to ANYONE who wants it would be better than throwing them away!

Also, last week LA County, which is one of the worst spots on planet Earth for Covid, opened up Dodger Stadium to give out the vaccine.  And then closed today for MLK day.  Because apparently, Covid's not an emergency or anything...I mean, seriously, could the state be more inept?  I think not.

And then people wonder why people aren't lining up to take the vaccines, or following the guidelines.  The people at the top don't follow the guidelines themselves (look at a BUNCH of governors whose states are locked down) and LA county says a day off is more important than giving out vaccines.  If people at the top don't think it's a priority, why would the rest of us feel like it is?
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(01-18-2021, 09:33 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Yes, you would think that giving the vaccine to ANYONE who wants it would be better than throwing them away!

Also, last week LA County, which is one of the worst spots on planet Earth for Covid, opened up Dodger Stadium to give out the vaccine.  And then closed today for MLK day.  Because apparently, Covid's not an emergency or anything...I mean, seriously, could the state be more inept?  I think not.

And then people wonder why people aren't lining up to take the vaccines, or following the guidelines.  The people at the top don't follow the guidelines themselves (look at a BUNCH of governors whose states are locked down) and LA county says a day off is more important than giving out vaccines.  If people at the top don't think it's a priority, why would the rest of us feel like it is?

If we do the 1 million vaccine shots per day, that is still 400 days just to get 200 million vaccinated.

The biggest problem we have is the lack of vaccine manufacturing capacity and both our political parties don't seem to be worried about it. If this virus mutates to the point where the current vaccine doesn't work, then we're going to be sitting here again for another 1 to 2 years waiting for things to be built that should have been done by now.

The UK govt. is building a new vaccine plant that can make 70m doses in 5 months for $150m:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article...ctory.html

Seeing lowest reproduction numbers since the lockdowns:
https://rt.live/

Huge drop in hospitalizations:
https://covidtracking.com/data/national/

23 million+ vaccines given in the USA so far:
https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/covid...tr_story_2

Cases Around the world:
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Israel Data coming out slowly should know more in a couple of weeks:
https://www.timesofisrael.com/israel-see...ccination/
Course Experience:
Modernstates.org/CLEP, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org,  Sophia.org, Study.com, Instantcertcredit, Csmlearn.com, Theinstitutes.org, and TEL Learning

Degree Plan:
Bachelors of Science in Business Administration with a concentration in CIS
Bachelors of Arts in Computer Science  (100+ credits working on capstone)

120+ credits earned with expected graduation June 2021.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anyone Else Getting Sick of This COVID Crap? LevelUP 33 1,448 07-26-2020, 05:10 PM
Last Post: StoicJ
  Second Wave - Coronavirus/Covid has begun! bjcheung77 3 458 07-14-2020, 03:50 PM
Last Post: Merlin
  Discounted Tuition & COVID-19 jinsoo 5 684 07-05-2020, 08:36 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Covid 19 - 1 Million Euro Donation bjcheung77 0 525 06-21-2020, 07:31 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  COVID-19 Updated Impact Tracker on U.S. Universities PrettyFlyforaChiGuy 0 263 05-19-2020, 10:41 PM
Last Post: PrettyFlyforaChiGuy