Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2 WGU questions
1. They have a "general" MBA, the other programs don't interest me so I would end up in this program. I have never seen anything like it. Has anyone ever seen this before? And how do you answer when someone asks what your MBA concentration is?
2. What if you fail or do not get a high enough grade on an exam or paper? What do you do? Retake the exam? Resubmit the paper until it is high enough?
Thanks
I also welcome any compelling arguments for or against the program
And how long it took or is taking you
Many MBA programs don't have a concentration. I've looked at a few, and almost none of them had a concentration, or required one (optional). All you need to say is "I have an MBA."
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Use the search engine to review feedback on the course. There is a wealth of value shares on WGU.

As for the concentration concern, I would let that go. MBA is the concentration for many (Masters in Business). There are some specialty MBA's that tend to have 2-3 focused classes thus becoming the concentration. Patten University is a good example of this.

You are correct on both papers and exams. Only difference is you have two free attempts at exams and a fee thereafter. If the failing continues one could be removed from the degree.
PhD, Leadership, University of the Cumberlands - What Have I Done!!?!!
MBA, Healthcare Management, Western Governors University - in progress
MS, Management and Leadership, Western Governors University - 2017
BS, Business Administration, Thomas Edison State University - 2016

RANSOMSOUL: Exchange Good For Great

The Ultimate Route to Earning a Bachelor's Degree in Business: A StraighterLine Success Story
The generic track is "strategy and leadership" I always just say MBA.

Big pro's are speed and cost. Biggest negative is a huge and complete lack of network it post graduate job support (WGU SUCKS at helping you use that new degree).

I'm not unhappy with my choice all in all, given the same set of circumstances I would do it all again.

Yes, flunk an assignment you do it again....Up to 4 times when I was there in 2014
MBA, Western Governors University February 2014
BS Charter Oak State College November 2011
AS in EMS August 2010

I'm always happy to complete the free application waiver for those applying to WGU (I get a free gift from WGU for this).  Just PM me your first/last name and a valid email so I can complete their form.

Thread; COSC AS using FEMA http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html
rebel100 Wrote:Up to 4 times when I was there in 2014

It's still 4 times now, at least for undegrads. I'd imagine it's the same for grad degrees too.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
Here's a link walking through the process on failed papers & exams.

Always keep the mindset of putting in the work to avoid failing so this ends up being wasted information Smile
PhD, Leadership, University of the Cumberlands - What Have I Done!!?!!
MBA, Healthcare Management, Western Governors University - in progress
MS, Management and Leadership, Western Governors University - 2017
BS, Business Administration, Thomas Edison State University - 2016

RANSOMSOUL: Exchange Good For Great

The Ultimate Route to Earning a Bachelor's Degree in Business: A StraighterLine Success Story
WGU is a great choice. The only real cons were that it is full-time or nothing, and that you must consistently talk to your mentor. For some, it's more work than the homework, because it tends to drag on and you often have to do things in that time frame. Otherwise, it's a fine school for the basic degree types.
jadae@wgu.edu Wrote:WGU is a great choice. The only real cons were that it is full-time or nothing, and that you must consistently talk to your mentor. For some, it's more work than the homework, because it tends to drag on and you often have to do things in that time frame. Otherwise, it's a fine school for the basic degree types.

my mentor rules. I talk to him every other week and it's pretty much just:

"how's it going?"
"pretty good. should be done with this course by the end of the week."
"great work, i'll mark that down as your goal. anything you need from me?
"nope!"
"talk to you in a couple weeks!"
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
My mentor was similar. We moved our calls to once every two weeks. He was a great guy, even wrote a letter of recommendation for me for my phd program (not sure if he was supposed to). I don't need that sort of motivation, but I wouldn't call having a mentor a con. If I had any questions he was more than available.
Currently studying for: Still deciding.

Done!
2020 - Harvard Extension School - ALM IT Management 
2019 - Harvard Extension School - Graduate Certificate Data Science
2018 - Harvard Extension School - Graduate Certificate Cyber Security
2016 - WGU - MBA Mgmt & Strategy
2015 - Thomas Edison State College - BSBA Marketing & CIS
I took breaks whenever I wanted including a 3-4 month one in the middle. Sorta miss my mentor checking up on me lol.
MBA, Western Governors University February 2014
BS Charter Oak State College November 2011
AS in EMS August 2010

I'm always happy to complete the free application waiver for those applying to WGU (I get a free gift from WGU for this).  Just PM me your first/last name and a valid email so I can complete their form.

Thread; COSC AS using FEMA http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UK Level 7/8 Diploma Questions bennyoftheD 22 2,613 03-10-2024, 02:20 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Questions for UofPeople and Liberty University graduates Randyb100 9 1,574 02-20-2024, 06:06 PM
Last Post: nykorn
  ENEB MASTERS Accreditation, Questions Sara143 10 1,810 02-20-2024, 02:33 PM
  ENEB & Mexican PhD Questions Lorvey 17 2,776 12-13-2023, 12:27 PM
  PsyD / Masters in Psychology questions Ben2020 4 980 02-17-2021, 08:41 PM
Last Post: Supermind
  Self-Paced Masters, Micro Masters, and Portfolio Credit Questions retro 2 1,544 11-06-2019, 04:32 PM
Last Post: Imbanewbie
  WGU MSCSIA Questions ChilliDawg 6 2,215 05-24-2019, 11:27 AM
Last Post: bluebooger
  WGU's Accounting Masters Program Questions and General WGU Questions Synicaal 2 1,878 05-25-2017, 08:53 AM
Last Post: Synicaal
  Questions about Pretoria's theology dept. 1652Q 4 1,578 05-07-2017, 10:40 PM
Last Post: rlw74
  WGU questions Test-o-matic 6 1,180 11-27-2016, 09:47 PM
Last Post: mednat