Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2-credit courses waivers?
My credit evaluation has been completed and has also been evaluated by TESU. However, most of the courses are 2 or 1.5 credits. It makes it difficult to use 2/1.5-credit courses for requirement courses that are usually 3 credits. I know the free insurance Ethics course is 2 credits and that the last credit is usually waived. However, how does this work? Is it a one-time thing? How lenient is TESU regarding waiving the last credit of 2-credit courses?
Course waivers a fun topic, in TESU's case, if you require a 3 credit course and you bring in 2 credits from a transfer, they'll take 1 credit from your General Education as an exception. That being said, you will still need to make up the credit in the General Education section.

This is also possible for the AOS and other requirements, as long as the course requirements are met, it's fine if you have extra credits in those sections. As always, it's cheaper/easier/faster just to get an extra 3 credit course completed than looking for that 1 credit or 2 credits to make up the course.

I forget who asked me this by PM, but my recommendation for one of their UL requirements was to do the following.
1) Take an ethics course from one of your favorite providers to bring in 3 credits, that should go into your ethics field.
2) Take the FREE Institutes Ethics course for 2 UL credit
3) Take the FREE TEEX Cybersecurity courses and transfer in 1 as UL credit
Now, that person can have those 3 UL credits for a BALS with No Concentration.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • pws
Did they waive the 1.5cr courses or just the 2cr?

I know for the 2cr thing (and 2.67 for quarter credits), they give you a waiver on that requirement, and then you have to make up the credits in GE Electives. The total of all GE has to be 60cr no matter what.

Then, down in the Major/Core, I'm not certain exactly how it works. For instance, with the BSBA - if you take a 2cr Business Comm course, do they give you a waiver and then add it to Free Electives? I don't think so - I think you have to have the full number of credits in your Major/Core/AOS. But I'm not certain. I do know that if you bring in less than 18cr in the AOS (again for the BSBA), that it won't work - you have to have a full 12cr of UL and 6cr of UL or LL. So if you take odd-credited coursework, you have to take MORE courses to fill your AOS. I just don't know about the core. It doesn't happen often (a lot of schools have 4cr courses in accounting for instance, so 2cr isn't the norm).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • pws
I've gone over the credit evaluation, and there would be two courses that I would have 2 credits, instead of the usual 3—the Quant. Literacy requirement, and the Civic Engagement requirement. They'll probably waive one 2-credit course, but I don't think that two will be possible?
(05-15-2019, 07:15 PM)pws Wrote: I've gone over the credit evaluation, and there would be two courses that I would have 2 credits, instead of the usual 3—the Quant. Literacy requirement, and the Civic Engagement requirement. They'll probably waive one 2-credit course, but I don't think that two will be possible?

I think they'll waive both.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • pws
PWS - Those are general education courses, they'll be able to waive them. I forget, are you doing the BALS or BA English? It won't really matter, you can bring up some courses from the "free electives" field if they require the extra credits.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • pws
(05-15-2019, 11:37 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: PWS - Those are general education courses, they'll be able to waive them.  I forget, are you doing the BALS or BA English?  It won't really matter, you can bring up some courses from the "free electives" field if they require the extra credits.

Ah, good to know. Thanks. I'm doing the BA in English. Going well so far.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UC Berkeley Extension courses can transfer ItsNeverTheLionsYear 2 237 03-18-2024, 11:16 AM
Last Post: davewill
  Zero Textbook Cost (ZTC) Courses LevelUP 6 366 03-18-2024, 09:40 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Credit Transfer Confusion legenwait4itdary 30 2,581 03-01-2024, 12:08 AM
Last Post: legenwait4itdary
  Taking Math Courses at TESU legenwait4itdary 5 512 02-02-2024, 12:32 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU Max Credit Transfer and graduation speed? ecdw94 3 693 02-01-2024, 07:05 AM
Last Post: jch
  Credit distribution Kones 6 499 10-13-2023, 01:24 PM
Last Post: Kones
  90 credit max transfer, does that include TECEPs? Math avoidant 21 2,810 08-01-2023, 03:25 AM
  TESU ENS-360 Credit from Lawshelf Niketay 1 432 07-28-2023, 09:19 PM
  TESU Reducing Credit Hour Residency Requirements from 16 to 15. CanICode 10 1,092 07-02-2023, 06:14 PM
  Another source of cheap NCCRS credit Avidreader 8 1,081 06-11-2023, 02:14 AM