Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2015-2016 Undergraduate Tuition and Fees at the Big 3
TESC (most programs have a 3-credit capstone that has to be taken in residence)

Comprehensive Tuition Plan (up to 36 credits per year)
New Jersey residents: $6135 (approximately = to $170.42 per credit hour if you max out on credits)
Non-residents: $9036 (approximately = to $252 per credit hour if you max out on credits)

Enrolled Options Plan
New Jersey residents: $1767 annual enrollment fee, $131 annual technology services fee, $183 per credit hour
Non-residents: $3296 annual enrollment fee, $131 annual technology services fee, $247 per credit hour

Per Credit Tuition Plan - 24-credit residency requirement can be fulfilled with online and guided study courses, e-Packs, TECEPs, and PLA courses (not credits earned from portfolio assessments)
New Jersey residents: $425 per credit hour (only applies to online and guided study courses including PLA courses and e-Packs)
Non-residents: $520 per credit hour (only applies to online and guided study courses including PLA courses and e-Packs)

Other Fees
TECEP: $37 per credit hour for residents and $50 per credit hour for non-residents (Ouch!)
Portfolio Assessment (not the PLA courses): $379 for credits 1-12 and $215 for every 6 credits thereafter
Application Fee: $75
Course Registration Fee: $61
Graduation Fee: $312

Excelsior (offers discounts for partnerships and all programs require a 3-credit capstone that has to be taken in residence)

Excelsior Course Option (12-credit residency requirement, Uexcels do not count)
Tuition: $490 per credit hour
Application Fee: $100
Graduation Fee: $495

Multi-Source Option (technically no residency requirement, but still need to take the capstone in residence)
Tuition: $490 per credit hour
Application Fee: $100
Graduation Fee: 495
One-Time Enrollment Fee: $1,065
Annual Student Fee (start paying on second year): $495

Uexcel
Most two-hour exams are $95. A few exams are $325-$440. Pearson charges a test fee of $50 for two-hour exams and $60 for three-hour exams.

COSC (minimum 6 credits have to be taken in residence for cornerstone and capstone)

Tuition
Connecticut Residents: $276 per credit hour
Non-residents: $363 per credit hour

Student Services Fee (paid each semester)
Connecticut Residents: $193
Non-residents: $257

Other Fees
Application Fee: $75
Technology Fee (paid each semester enrolled): $52
COSC Exams (only offered on campus): $100 each
Graduation Fee: $205

Military
Pay in-state tuition at TESC
Pay $250 per credit hour at COSC
I'll just link you to the discounts at Excelsior because they're complicated.
Excelsior College | Undergraduate Fees
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
Thanks for putting this together! If I'm enrolled at TESC under last year's catalog do I pay the new prices (mainly concerned about the TECEPS) or do I stay under last year's pricing?
cbosdell Wrote:Thanks for putting this together! If I'm enrolled at TESC under last year's catalog do I pay the new prices (mainly concerned about the TECEPS) or do I stay under last year's pricing?

It is incredibly rare to find colleges that let you 'lock' prices. The ones that do generally require paying upfront for your entire degree. My partner for example has a bachelor degree from a fairly prestigious school. Her tuition was ~$50k a year, and the only way the school allows a lock is to pay the $200k upfront.

TESC's Comprehensive Tuition Plan and Enrolled Options are similar, but more generous. You pay for a year upfront, and that locks in the price for an additional year. Their Pay Per Credit plan has no lock.

Ironically of course she went to a state university for her master degree, since it was highly ranked in her field, and spent less then $30k for that. Now I'm at COSC and I am unlikely to cross $10k threshold to complete 78 semester units for my bachelors and graduate, even-though I am doing significantly more than the bare minimum found on the degree plans on this forum.
Educational Goal: MBA by Spring 2018
B.S. in Business Administration, COSC, Expected Winter 2015, Started May 30, 2015

Upcoming:
Fall Courses (9c): COSC BUS 201: Business Statistics | BYU ENGL 316: Technical Writing | BYU Psych 330: Organizational Psychology
Progress (89/120c):
8/16/2015 COSC (3c): IDS 101 Cornerstone: A
8/08/2015 UExcel (6c): Research Methods in Psychology: A | Social Psychology: A
7/20/2015 UExcel (6c): Human Resource Management: A | Labor Relations: A
7/06/2015 CLEP (6c): American Government: 63 | Principles of Microeconomics: 73
7/02/2015 UExcel (3c): Organization Behavior: A
6/19/2015 DSST (9c): Business Ethics and Society: 453 | Environment and Humanity: 444 | Substance Abuse: 427
6/15/2015 CLEP (12c): Information Systems: 77 | Introductory Business Law: 71 | Principles of Marketing: 71 | Principles of Management: 73
6/12/2015 Transfer Credits post Academic Forgiveness (44c): Community College: 36c | AP: 8c
Quote:Annual enrollment is paid every 12 months. Students who select the Enrolled Options Tuition Plan benefit from having the same annual enrollment, course tuition and fees for 24 consecutive months from the date of their initial enrollment. This means Enrolled Options students pay the same annual enrollment, course tuition and fees for two years with no increases.
Thomas Edison State College: Enrolled Options Plan

Quote:Comprehensive Tuition students enrolled on or after July 1, 2013 will receive the locked in Comprehensive Tuition price for twenty-four consecutive months from the date of their initial enrollment.
Thomas Edison State College: Comprehensive Tuition Plan

It doesn't look as if Per Credit Tuition Plan students can lock in rates. For those looking to enroll under the Per Credit Tuition Plan and switch to a different plan later, you only have 90 days to do so from the start of your enrollment period.
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Prloko pointed out my mistake in another thread. TECEPs are $37 per credit hour for matriculated students and $50 per credit hour for non-matriculated students. There is no difference in cost based on residency.
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
DSST
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
I would also like to add that TESC has a military friendly tuition plan also. Military, and their spouses are treated as NJ residents. So the enrolled or comprehensive are at the NJ rates. In addition the MDCP (which I think was the inspiration for the PC plan), allows active military and their spouses to have tuition capped at the DoD Tuition Assistance cap ($250 per credit), are considered enrolled at time of application, and the member needs to complete 24 residence credits for the Bachelors and 12 residence credits for the Associates.
CLEPS Passed: 10 DSST Passed: 11 TECEPS: 1

PrLoko-isms
Don't waste time by trying to save time. The only sure way to complete your degree is to knock out credits quickly and efficiently.

Don't let easiness bite you in the rear. Know your endgame (where you want to be) and plan backward from there. Your education is a means to an end.

Be honest professionally, socially and academically. There are people (especially little ones) who look up to you and they're going by your example.

Be proud. Whether you're an Engineer or Fast Food worker, there is honor and dignity in hard work.

Picking on people weaker than you only proves that you are a weak person.
Prloko Wrote:I would also like to add that TESC has a military friendly tuition plan also. Military, and their spouses are treated as NJ residents. So the enrolled or comprehensive are at the NJ rates. In addition the MDCP (which I think was the inspiration for the PC plan), allows active military and their spouses to have tuition capped at the DoD Tuition Assistance cap ($250 per credit), are considered enrolled at time of application, and the member needs to complete 24 residence credits for the Bachelors and 12 residence credits for the Associates.

Indeed, military (using TA) are forced to take the Per credit and are charged 250$ /cr
Thomas Edison State College: Tuition & Fees
CCAF Air & Space Operations Technology- COMPLETE
TESC AS - General Managment-COMPLETE
TESC BSBA Computer Information Systems-COMPLETE
WGU MBA IT -COMPLETE
gingerbeefE Wrote:Indeed, military (using TA) are forced to take the Per credit and are charged 250$ /cr
Thomas Edison State College: Tuition & Fees
For active that's only the case because they will only pay tuition per credit, and will not cover fees. The VA also changed course recently and will only allow the per credit options. I'm sure there were students not as motivated as us who ended up under utilizing the enrolled options.
CLEPS Passed: 10 DSST Passed: 11 TECEPS: 1

PrLoko-isms
Don't waste time by trying to save time. The only sure way to complete your degree is to knock out credits quickly and efficiently.

Don't let easiness bite you in the rear. Know your endgame (where you want to be) and plan backward from there. Your education is a means to an end.

Be honest professionally, socially and academically. There are people (especially little ones) who look up to you and they're going by your example.

Be proud. Whether you're an Engineer or Fast Food worker, there is honor and dignity in hard work.

Picking on people weaker than you only proves that you are a weak person.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  July 2018 current fees at the Big 3 dfrecore 70 12,661 09-06-2018, 08:59 PM
Last Post: KawJa
  Addressing Concerns of Out-of-State Tuition UnbreakablyDetermined 17 3,678 08-29-2018, 10:28 AM
Last Post: hsfamfun
  Excelsior annual fees homeschoolmom1 1 1,241 07-14-2018, 11:27 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Undergraduate Certificate in Finance Dowew 10 2,700 06-28-2018, 01:24 AM
  Can my friend obtain an undergraduate certificate concurrent to working on a BSBA ? Dowew 3 1,057 06-12-2018, 01:11 AM
  Does TESU offer undergraduate minors? Pelican 3 1,167 04-07-2018, 08:55 PM
Last Post: Ideas
  TESU - Study.com Tuition Discount mrshill818 27 7,490 02-26-2018, 12:24 PM
  TESU Graduation and OOS Waiver Fees Toastmaster 5 3,459 01-24-2018, 03:12 PM
Last Post: Ideas
  2016 TESU BALS YXJeff 11 3,279 01-10-2018, 07:01 PM
Last Post: YXJeff
  Study.com discount for TESU 2015 catalog? dfrecore 3 1,547 09-19-2017, 01:56 PM
Last Post: Gymfan15