Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2016-17 Tuition and Fees
2016-17 Tuition and Fees

Since tuition and fees increased on July 1, I did a little run-through of current costs for each of the Big Three. I only included the minimum number of credits required to be taken at each school (Cornerstone and Capstone courses).

Thomas Edison State University
(These do not include books)
Bachelor’s Degree with 3-hour Capstone (BA, BSPS, etc.)
NJ Resident: $3853
Out of State/ Non-US Resident: $4195

BSBA with TECEP Strategic Management as Capstone
NJ Resident: $2812
Out of State/ Non-US Resident:$2812

Excelsior College
Non-Partnership Bachelor’s Degree with 3-hour Capstone (BSLA, BPS Business/ Mgmt): $2975
Non-Partnership Bachelor’s Degree with 6-hour Capstone (BS General Business, etc.): $4205

Partnership (POAG) Bachelor’s Degree with 3-hour Capstone (BSLA, BPS Business/ Mgmt): $3075
Partnership (POAG) Bachelor’s Degree with 6-hour Capstone (BS General Business, etc.): $3960

Charter Oak State College
Bachelor’s Degree with Cornerstone and Capstone
CT Resident: $2522
Out of State Resident: $3172

On the Cost Calculators, TESU does not include books, Excelsior includes $300 for books, and COSC includes $276 for books. To make things more truly comparable, I left out the book fees for EC and COSC.

If you are interested in partnership pricing at Excelsior, POAG is the Police Officer Association of Georgia, which you may join as an associate member for $25/ year.
http://www.poag.org/membership-signup/

I realize that everyone’s situation is unique, that there are different ways of reducing costs of earning credits, etc., so the total costs of a degree will be different for everyone.
BA, MA, EdS, MMT, etc.
83 hours of ACE-worthy credits
Cheapest Tuition and Fees for Out of State Residents

For a Bachelor’s Degree in Business:
TESC BSBA with TECEP Strategic Management as Capstone: $2812
Excelsior Partnership (POAG) BPS in Business and Management: $3075
COSC BSBA with Cornerstone and Capstone: $3172
Partnership (POAG) Bachelor’s Degree with 6-hour Capstone (BS General Business): $3960
TESC BSBA with Strategic Management taken as a class: $4195
Non-Partnership Bachelor’s Degree with 6-hour Capstone (BS General Business, etc.): $4205

For a Bachelor’s Degree in Liberal Arts:
Excelsior Partnership (POAG) Bachelor’s Degree with 3-hour Capstone (BSLA, BPS): $3075
Excelsior Non-Partnership Bachelor’s Degree with 3-hour Capstone (BSLA, BPS Business/ Mgmt): $3125
COSC Bachelor’s Degree with Cornerstone and Capstone: $3172
TESU Bachelor’s Degree with 3-hour Capstone (BA, BSPS, etc.): $4195
BA, MA, EdS, MMT, etc.
I'm not sure if COSC has updated its undergraduate tuition and fees yet. Did you add the $300 for TESU's cornerstone course? Those who are using the POAG partnership at Excelsior have to take a minimum of 12 credit hours in online courses before graduation or all tuition and fees will be reverted back to the non-partner rate.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
COSC updated their fees and that is included.
I did add the $300 for the TESU Cornerstone.
Excelsior partnerships- updated. I wish their site were more intuitive.
BA, MA, EdS, MMT, etc.
If you take 12 credit hours for the POAG partnership rate, that is a total of $4920 at $410 per credit hour.
https://my.excelsior.edu/documents/46041...684f3652af

The tuition and fees you posted for COSC seem a bit high. Out-of-state students pay $377 per credit hour. At six credits, that is $2,262. If you add two semesters of the student services fee, which is $267 X 2, then you have a total of $2,796. Is there something else you added? I don't ever use the cost calculators because they often include things students don't need.
https://www.charteroak.edu/catalog/curre...t-fees.cfm

If you're including graduation fees, then that's a different story. Excelsior will end up being over $5,000 with the POAG partnership. It's better to skip it it if you don't need to take any Excelsior courses other than the capstone.

For a TESU degree where you have to take the capstone, the total will be $3,797. That includes the cornerstone and $2,000 residency waiver. Taking a TECEP as the capstone for the BSBA will cost $2,414. All of these are out-of-state tuition and fees.
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
You may want to revisit the COSC costs. According to some links I pulled up recently, there are required concentrations in their BSBA. The courses look like courses you will have to take and do not have many alternatives to transfer in.

https://www.charteroak.edu/catalog/curre...ration.cfm
CLEPS Passed: 10 DSST Passed: 11 TECEPS: 1

PrLoko-isms
Don't waste time by trying to save time. The only sure way to complete your degree is to knock out credits quickly and efficiently.

Don't let easiness bite you in the rear. Know your endgame (where you want to be) and plan backward from there. Your education is a means to an end.

Be honest professionally, socially and academically. There are people (especially little ones) who look up to you and they're going by your example.

Be proud. Whether you're an Engineer or Fast Food worker, there is honor and dignity in hard work.

Picking on people weaker than you only proves that you are a weak person.
My bad, I used the COSC calculators. And as I mentioned upthread, it only included the Cornerstone and Capstone for COSC.

I guess the point should be to do your own research based on your desired degree.

Even so, it might be a useful starting point.
BA, MA, EdS, MMT, etc.
KayV Wrote:My bad, I used the COSC calculators. And as I mentioned upthread, it only included the Cornerstone and Capstone for COSC.

I guess the point should be to do your own research based on your desired degree.

Sorry. I didn't mean to dump on your thread. You did a lot of legwork. Thanks for doing that. And you are definitely right, actual costs are dependent on the individuals situation, residency and courses transferred in. But this is an excellent ballpark for someone doing some initial research.
CLEPS Passed: 10 DSST Passed: 11 TECEPS: 1

PrLoko-isms
Don't waste time by trying to save time. The only sure way to complete your degree is to knock out credits quickly and efficiently.

Don't let easiness bite you in the rear. Know your endgame (where you want to be) and plan backward from there. Your education is a means to an end.

Be honest professionally, socially and academically. There are people (especially little ones) who look up to you and they're going by your example.

Be proud. Whether you're an Engineer or Fast Food worker, there is honor and dignity in hard work.

Picking on people weaker than you only proves that you are a weak person.
KayV Wrote:My bad, I used the COSC calculators. And as I mentioned upthread, it only included the Cornerstone and Capstone for COSC.

For some reason, COSC hasn't updated its tuition page. The tuition page and cost calculator are based on the 2015-2016 school year. But, if you look at the current catalog, it's updated for the 2016-2017 school year.
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
DSST
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Sorry for being snappy. My right leg/ foot have three fractures and two hyperextended PCLs and I can't take pain relievers. Trying to make do with alternating ice and TENS units.

I am putting together a bunch of COSC concentrations based on test-out options in an effort to distract myself.

COSC says that the tuition calculator is based on 2015-16, but the actual numbers they run coincided with 2016-17 rates. I thought that was odd too.

Also, when you click on Literature as an area of concentration, it gives a 404 error, so I guess they've gotten rid of it.
BA, MA, EdS, MMT, etc.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  July 2018 current fees at the Big 3 dfrecore 70 12,950 09-06-2018, 08:59 PM
Last Post: KawJa
  Addressing Concerns of Out-of-State Tuition UnbreakablyDetermined 17 3,748 08-29-2018, 10:28 AM
Last Post: hsfamfun
  Excelsior annual fees homeschoolmom1 1 1,266 07-14-2018, 11:27 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU - Study.com Tuition Discount mrshill818 27 7,553 02-26-2018, 12:24 PM
  TESU Graduation and OOS Waiver Fees Toastmaster 5 3,480 01-24-2018, 03:12 PM
Last Post: Ideas
  2016 TESU BALS YXJeff 11 3,345 01-10-2018, 07:01 PM
Last Post: YXJeff
  Looking for a new working copy of the TESU 2016 BSBA GenMan.xlsx Mgrand90 5 1,563 06-25-2017, 03:00 PM
  COSC Degree Plans 2016-2017 KayV 36 4,235 04-14-2017, 11:35 AM
Last Post: icampy
  Is TESU'as Deadline to Submit Application, Fees and Official Transcripts....... Toastmaster 8 1,607 04-13-2017, 02:54 PM
Last Post: Toastmaster
  2016-2017 TESU BSBA: General Management - Degree Plan spectra 8 2,527 02-25-2017, 09:23 PM