Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2016-2017 TESU BSBA: General Management - Degree Plan
Hi,

First of all thanks for such a great forum. I've learned a ton in the past few hours after a simple search of "fastest way to get a bachelors degree" on Google landed me on DIY Degrees.

After some reasearch on Degreeforum, I've decided TESU over Excelsior for a general business degree, since it offers the fastest (and probably cheaper?) Degree. A lot of the threads/post with full Degree plans with no transfer credits I found were for 2014/2015 and are only somewhat relevant now.

Can anyone post an updated/current degree plan (2016-2017) for someone who's starting from scratch? Paying for faster completion and traveling to test centers is OK.

Greatly appreciated by myself and other future DegreeForum lurkers.Thanks!
Step One : https://www.aleks.com/
Step Two : https://www2.acenet.edu/credit/?fuseacti...ripts.main

If your looking for 12 math credits for $20 this is a great place to start. ALEKS credit recommendation is set to expire on 11/30/2016 so you might want to get going on this today. You want Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus, Intro to Stats. You really don't want to miss these credits. The first three can be done in a day or two if you put the time in and you are decent at math. Really the hardest part to this whole process is to get started, so get started today. It took me years to finally start on a degree path but once I did i'm about 7 months in right now with 44 credits done. I will be adding another 15 mid December and then study.com/clep courses here and there. I plan on having 92 credits done by the end of January. The people on this forum are very good at helping you know what you need. Personally I would attack those Math courses ASAP. We still don't know if they will be reevaluated or not.
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: Accounting - September 2017

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Institutes: Ethics 312
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus
Shmoop: U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Modern European History
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
TECEP: Strategic Management, Federal Income Tax
Why did you pick TESU over say Charter Oak? I was reading the beginners Wiki page and it said that Charter Oaks is easiest?
The oaks requires a cornerstone and capstone course. The BSBA at TESU is much friendlier.
MA in progress
Certificate in the Study of Capitalism - University of Arkansas
BS, Business  Administration - Ashworth College
Certificates in Accounting & Finance 
BA, Regents Bachelor of Arts - West Virginia University
AAS & AGS
SaebScholar Wrote:Why did you pick TESU over say Charter Oak? I was reading the beginners Wiki page and it said that Charter Oaks is easiest?

TESU is cheaper and easier with a lower amount of UL required. Someone might have put that COSC is easier, but that was just their opinion and I doubt many would agree here today.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
Most of the reasons I can think of to choose Charter Oak or Excelsior over TESU involve having lots of previous coursework, IT certs, or partnership/ articulation agreements with other organizations or colleges. If you are starting from scratch and need a degree fast, it is really hard to beat TESU's BSBA for cost and efficiency.
BA, MA, EdS, MMT, etc.
83 hours of ACE-worthy credits
Pros for the TESU BSBA:
- cost (although similar to COSC)
- fewer UL requirements (12cr vs 30cr)
- speed, since capstone can be tested out of

Major con:
There are so many set requirements that there is almost no space (6cr) for Free Electives - which means that if you have some courses already taken that don't fit into the plan, if you want to continue with the plan, you can just throw those courses away.

So, as KayV said, if you already have a lot of courses towards another degree, or at least courses that can't be used towards the degree, you might be better off at COSC. If you have some current IT certs, those can probably better be used at COSC or EC.

But, for most other people, TESU is a great option.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Does it matter how old the credits are with either TESU or COSC?
mc.christi Wrote:Does it matter how old the credits are with either TESU or COSC?

Yes, at TESU. With my enrollment in the 2015 catalog, you are only allowed 10cr of 10-year-old or older credits in the AOS. Here is what it says for the BSBA currently:

Within the BSBA Areas of Study, up to 50 percent of the courses in the area of study may be older than 7 years from the most current date of application to the University. Any additional older credits applicable to the area of study would have to undergo a currency review before being placed in this area of the degree. The BSBA capstone course, Strategic Management, has a currency limitation of no more than 5 years old in order to apply toward the Core requirement.

So, it is different for each degree, and for different areas within the degree. BSAST is different, BALS will be different as well.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,923 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,616 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  What do i Do if an application asks for GPA with a degree from the Big 3? Crt 5 3,153 09-19-2018, 08:54 AM
Last Post: Johmford
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,020 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,578 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,668 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,291 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,547 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,280 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,318 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic