Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
At what point should one begin the Capstone at TESU?
I have heard that TESU's Study.com discount may end soon. But I'm not finished with all of my BA degree requirements. At what point within the program can one begin the Capstone course? Could I begin the Capstone course in May, then still complete some of my course requirements in the Fall 2018 (some courses, such as Historiography at FHSU aren't available until then), and still graduate under the Study.com tuition discount pricing? Or do I have to finish everything this Spring?
You're supposed to wait until you're almost finished before taking the capstone, but many people have taken it early and TESU has never tried to stop anyone. So you can start the capstone by June to get that discount. You should also be able to pay the residency waiver in June and get that discount so long as you graduate within a year of paying it.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
I found something that said with 9 credits remaining (so 111 completed), but I know others have taken it sooner then that. I remember something about with 90 credits completed, but I can't find it anywhere on the TESU website.
TESU - BSBA: CIS - Dec '17

TECEP Eng Comp I, Marriage and Family, Strategic Management, Networking, Computer Concepts, Liberal Math, Tech Writing, Managerial Accounting DSST MIS, Cybersecurity Study.com Macroeconomics COSC Cornerstone, Software Engineering Straighterline Business Ethics

Next:
  Related classes at local CC and various Cybersecurity certifications.

Old username:  ajs1976
Not sure what degree you're going for as it seems you've been asking for a few... but lets grab an example.
Liberal Arts - LIB 495 Capstone: http://www2.tesu.edu/course.php?CourseCode=LIB-495&sem
Advisory: Students should have completed or be near to completing all of their area of study requirements before enrolling in this course.

As an example, I did the capstone before I hit the 90 credit mark or about there for the BSBA. I would recommend doing it "anytime" as long as you have most of the prerequisites completed or if you're near the 90 credit mark.
Business Capstone: http://www2.tesc.edu/course.php?CourseCode=BUS-421

Advisory: It is advisable to have knowledge in a course equivalent to FIN-301 Principles of Finance, MAN-301 Principles of Management, MAR-301 Principles of Marketing, ACC-101 Principles of Financial Accounting, ACC-102 Principles of Managerial Accounting, ECO-111 Microeconomics and ECO-112 Macroeconomics with a grade of C or better to succeed in this course. Students are responsible for making sure that they have the necessary knowledge.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I suggest doing it early. I was missing over 20 credits when I enrolled in mine and they didnt say anything. I was super relieved to get it out of the way.
TESU does not check so take it early if you can. I hadn't even submitted all transcripts when I enrolled and my evaluation showed me as about 40 credits short when I registered. I had already taken everything but TESU had no way of knowing that. For the BALS capstone I really don't see where anything you would take except the English courses would affect you being able to write the paper. For BSBA you probably want some background courses.
MTS             Nations University - September 2018
BA.LS.SS     Thomas Edison State University -September 2017
Thank you very much everyone, I'll register for my LIB Capstone before the Study.com discount ends.
I will register for that course at the end of May then start the June capstone and pay for everything then.
I hope to just pay for the residency waiver and capstone, then finish everything for September graduation.
Goals: TESU BSBA GM (Added CIS) and BA Computer Science
BSBA GM - Added CIS AOS (CIS & GM completed)
BACS & Grad Plans (BACS instead of BALS w/NSM)

AAS ACS & ESST: Remaining - Associate Capstone
ASNSM CS: Completed, ASNSM Math: Remaining - Calculus I

Taking a majority of credits at Sophia.org, SL, and Study.com to finish these degrees
Updating my courses remaining by following forum advice, guide, spreadsheet & wiki

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,927 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,618 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,025 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,583 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  Capstone Anxiety Iamtehking 9 4,207 09-18-2018, 06:22 AM
Last Post: rlw74
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,668 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,293 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,547 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,284 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,324 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic