Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
24 Remaining Credits
Hello DegreeForum,

I put pursuing my degree on-hold back in 2003 when I landed my first "career" job.  In the back of my mind, I always thought I would finish eventually.  It's now almost fifteen years later and I never got around to it.  I recently talked myself into researching options for getting my degree and I found DegreeForum.   

DegreeForum seems to be TESU friendly, so I sent my transcript (DeVry) and $75 to their evaluation team.  A few days later, I was told I'm 24 credits away from a Bachelors of Arts in Liberal Studies.  I was told it was the most liberal degree in terms of transfer credits. 

24 credits doesn't sound too bad.  I'm still employed working 50+ hour weeks, but I'm going to find the time to earn these credits and finally finish my goal.  

I'm a self-learner, so posting on a forum asking for assistance is foreign to me, but here goes:

I found a copy of a degree plan and modified it slightly (link below) to only show the remaining credits required.  If anyone has suggestions on how to best take these remaining credits, that would be great.  I initially took a shot at making a degree plan with specific classes, but I decided to use the knowledge present in DegreeForum first.  While trying to find out which classes to take, several courses seemed interesting enough, but I'm looking for the most efficient way to earn these credits - I'm not looking to be entertained.  If there is a straightforward CLEP/DSST Test, or a Straighterline,Study.com,etc. course, that's what I want to take. 

TESU BA in Liberal Studies
Welcome to the board, read/review the Beginners Guide sticky thread, the spreadsheet template on the last post, and the degree wiki. Use this thread as your accountability and progress/tracking of your current credits, and to ask more questions if you have any that may not be found in the search or wiki.

My suggestion is to take all the courses at StraighterLine OR Study.com, then take the Capstone course at TESU. The courses I recommend are all listed on the BSBA General Management spreadsheet template, the ones you're missing are all there. Good luck on your journey!

Study.com/StraigherLine are going to be your easiest/fastest way to get it (very close to being cheapest as well - Saylor is cheapest but harder to finish, it all depends on 1 final exam as well vs SL/Study.com where you can almost pass the course before you hit the final exam).
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • djuds
For TESU that is the best. It's not as flexible as Excelsior College same degree.
Non-Traditional Undergraduate College Credits (634 SH): *FTCC Noncourse Credits (156 SH) *DSST (78 SH) *CPL (64 SH) *JST Military/ACE (48 SH) *CBA (44 SH) *CLEP (42 SH) *FEMA IS (40 SH) *FEMA EM (38 SH) *ECE/UExcel (30 SH) *PLA Portfolio (28 SH) *EMI/ACE (19 SH) *TEEX/ACE (16 SH) *CWE (11 SH) *NFA/ACE (10 SH) *Kaplan/ACE (3 SH) *CPC (2 SH) *AICP/ACE (2 SH) *Sophia/ACE (2 SH) and *FRTI-UM/ACE (1 SH).
Non-Traditional Graduate College Credits (14 SH): AMU (6 SH); NFHS (5 SH); and JSU (3 SH).

[-] The following 1 user Likes Life Long Learning's post:
  • djuds
Congrats on going for your goals!!!

In addition to what has been said... I saw the Cornerstone course in your list. Read up on this forum about study.com and how being a study.com member at some point will waive the Cornerstone course for you. That's a good reason to start with study.com if you are looking for a starting point.

I also noticed that you need English Comp II and I personally think that study.com is the best choice for that.
[-] The following 1 user Likes CollegeKid's post:
  • djuds
Yes, the best advice here is to join Study.com, take at least 2 courses (it's $199/mo and comes with 2 courses in that price), transfer those courses to TESU, contact TESU to have them switch you to the Study.com affiliate membership, and then the cornerstone should disappear, your price to enroll in the capstone will go down, and the residency waiver fee will also go down.

You can take the Ethics course for free at The Institutes (search here for it).

Also, do your Liberal Studies courses need to be Upper Level, or do you have those done?  You need 18cr of UL in the major (AOS), and 3cr of that is covered by the capstone, so you need 15cr of UL.  Make sure you get those covered.

Here is a BALS degree plan, which shows some of the different ways to get your credits:

Attached Files
.xlsx   TESU 2016 BALS.xlsx (Size: 44 KB / Downloads: 14)
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU transcript audit says 13 required credits through TESU? Rteurowise 8 2,085 09-05-2018, 01:43 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU "Overflow" Credits mysonx3 5 2,220 08-31-2018, 01:24 AM
Last Post: Merlin
  Charter Oak (COSC) maximum credits from one source nosey561 1 1,672 08-30-2018, 10:39 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Study.com College Credits UnbreakablyDetermined 2 1,814 08-27-2018, 05:44 PM
Last Post: allvia
  Credits Giantzebra 5 1,577 07-23-2018, 12:50 AM
  Second Bachelor BALS with concentration with the 24 new credits rule posabsolute 1 1,358 07-22-2018, 11:30 PM
  EC now accepting FEMA credits Exfactor 6 2,769 06-29-2018, 10:32 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  Please Review My Credits & Help Me Choose a Degree Plan warriortaupou 4 1,410 05-17-2018, 11:38 PM
Last Post: warriortaupou
  Upper Level Credits at Excelsior - via ACE? Silly_Me 27 10,595 05-16-2018, 05:10 PM
Last Post: scout2family
Wink 6 Credits to Go! Rqst Help (Tesu BSBA) FinishTHEM 3 1,498 05-11-2018, 04:11 AM
Last Post: Yenisei