Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
25 CREDITS LEFT
hi everyone!
                 I am 25 credits away from getting a BSBA General Management Degree at Thomas Edison
The only requirements standing in my way are 
7 Exams 
One Class-Capstone 
One Cornerstone Seminar
Any advice on faster ways to finish my remaining requirements??

(Study.com has not worked for me personally...
their testing software won't work!) 

Cornerstone and Capstone

Oral Comms requirement - Public Speaking TECEP

Core Business Requirements

Managerial Accounting (TECEP) 
Business & Society TECEP 
Managerial Communications TECEP

Area of Study - Need three upper level classes one of them must be either accounting or marketing

FI & Markets TECEP 
Advertising TECEP
Sales Management- TECEP

Thanks for your help!!!
Looks good to me. Check out Davar to meet some of those requirements might be faster and cheaper.
It is proctored final similar to study.com. Although, if study.com's software doesn't work, I'm not sure if the TECEP software or Davar will work for you either.

Also do the cornerstone ASAP, it will only take an hour, but with all the changes, better to do now.
(02-06-2019, 05:03 PM)natshar Wrote: Looks good to me. Check out Davar to meet some of those requirements might be faster and cheaper.
It is proctored final similar to study.com. Although, if study.com's software doesn't work, I'm not sure if the TECEP software or Davar will work for you either.  

Also do the cornerstone ASAP, it will only take an hour, but with all the changes, better to do now.
thanks for replying! Yeah funny you mention Davar, i just stumbled upon their site and it looks like a great option. 
The cornerstone only takes an hour? wow okay sweet. 
I think I'll be able to figure out the software issue eventually. It's a flash player issue. or something
(02-06-2019, 05:14 PM)jsarles Wrote:
(02-06-2019, 05:03 PM)natshar Wrote: Looks good to me. Check out Davar to meet some of those requirements might be faster and cheaper.

thanks for replying! Yeah funny you mention Davar, i just stumbled upon their site and it looks like a great option. 
The cornerstone only takes an hour? wow okay sweet. 
I think I'll be able to figure out the software issue eventually. It's a flash player issue. or something.
Yeah it costs $300 and it is just all multiple choice/true false questions that can answered by reading some modules online. no software required.
I'm sorry to say that you may have already waited too late on the cornerstone. People are reporting that anyone applying after Jan 1 is being forced to take SOS-110 instead.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
(02-06-2019, 05:33 PM)davewill Wrote: I'm sorry to say that you may have already waited too late on the cornerstone. People are reporting that anyone applying after Jan 1 is being forced to take SOS-110 instead.
Well I got accepted on  january third so I think i must have just beat that deadline, already enrolled in the cornerstone.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jsarles's post:
  • davewill
(02-06-2019, 06:50 PM)jsarles Wrote: Well I got accepted on  january third so I think i must have just beat that deadline, already enrolled in the cornerstone.

I think you did!
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
I too have only 25 credits remaining. Graduating has been decades in the making.
Now I need:

Cornerstone (signed up for March)
International Management
Macroeconomics
Managerial Communications
Ethics (took institutes but it was too late 2/4 comp,eyed)
Capstone
UL Finance
UL marketing

I was looking at Davar but started having some test aversion...has anyone taken MAR 330? I am not sure what to expect for the essay questions.
I have been reading through posts.. you guys/gals are amazing!
(02-06-2019, 04:45 PM)jsarles Wrote: hi everyone!
                 I am 25 credits away from getting a BSBA General Management Degree at Thomas Edison
The only requirements standing in my way are 
7 Exams 
One Class-Capstone 
One Cornerstone Seminar
Any advice on faster ways to finish my remaining requirements??

(Study.com has not worked for me personally...
their testing software won't work!) 

Cornerstone and Capstone

Oral Comms requirement - Public Speaking TECEP

Core Business Requirements

Managerial Accounting (TECEP) 
Business & Society TECEP 
Managerial Communications TECEP

Area of Study - Need three upper level classes one of them must be either accounting or marketing

FI & Markets TECEP 
Advertising TECEP
Sales Management- TECEP

Thanks for your help!!!

You could work around the issue by using other providers, but you shouldn't have to. My bet is that we could probably help you get the Study.com software working... have you tried working with the SDC or RPnow support?

FYI, all the proctor solutions tend to prefer Windows 10 systems, so if you're using something else, that might be the first place to start. There are also some known issues with the most recent Mac OS release for which they have apparently released a new version to address. For folks using Linux, I recommend setting up a dual boot into Windows and taking the exams using windows.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
I've used CLEP, DSST, Saylor, Lumerit, Aleks, TECEP, and Study.com, and have found Study.com to be by FAR the fastest. If I were you I wouldn't give up on Study.com so fast.
TESU BSBA Accounting 2019 (In progress)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 460 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
  Debate/speech competition transfer credits? Fave advisors? PLEX 4 213 03-20-2024, 03:09 PM
Last Post: PLEX
  Is an academic certificate a degree for the purposes of "new" credits? Am I screwed? ItsNeverTheLionsYear 3 337 03-13-2024, 08:53 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Organizational Leadership Cert SDC transfer credits Kones 5 499 02-10-2024, 03:48 PM
Last Post: MrPanda
  What constitutes "new" credits for 2nd degree? homeschoolmom1 8 527 01-15-2024, 10:50 PM
  Emailing TESU about planning external credits into academic evaluation aperantosbias 9 642 12-29-2023, 10:37 PM
Last Post: Quackerz
  Less Than 15 Credits Left for TESU Flat Rate Term mariobros1985 7 829 11-22-2023, 09:38 PM
  TESU AS in electronics. Transfer credits options? shows55 2 446 11-12-2023, 11:40 AM
  Competency based certifications for Electronics and Nuclear credits? sciencemathematics1 5 517 09-23-2023, 12:31 PM
  RA Credits from a Community College? mulhearnmusic 2 335 09-16-2023, 04:54 PM
Last Post: mulhearnmusic