Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2nd BSBA option Degree at TESU
(11-16-2019, 09:24 PM)HogwartsSchool Wrote:
(11-15-2019, 08:30 AM)tjguitar85 Wrote:
(11-15-2019, 12:31 AM)jsd Wrote: A 6 month MBA from WGU would be cheaper than a TESU second bachelors, and while not as useful as a top-tier MBA, it's still a better degree than a lower level degree at an equally non-prestigous Big 3 school. Courses might be a little more effort, but you'd have like 50% less courses to take (and honestly I'm not so sure WGU's MBA program is all that grueling, though I can't speak from experience)

I don't think that I would be able to complete the MBA in 6 months while I work a full time job, because it is significantly more writing intensive than a TESU BSBA...the only real challenge in the TESU BSBA is the capstone, everything else should be able to be passed with minimal effort through ACE and NCCRS credits.

Having recently completed the BSBA capstone at TESU, anyone thinking they can simply get a degree from TESU (BSBA) by testing out without writing some major papers are sadly mistaken. The midterm (10 questions plus 4 written  essays) and final paper (3500 to 5000 words, all APA style) account for 45% of the final grade, the 7 weekly case studies (1000-1100 words per case study) account for 35% of the final grade.

I have two main points to share.
1. If someone doesn't have experience writing papers they are going to run into extreme challenges when they take TESU's biz capstone. I realize some unsavory user might consider having someone write the papers except the midterm is proctored which includes 4 essays. Everything goes through SafeAssign to check out other people's work and the school is looking for patterns of irregular writing style.

2. Not including the weekly discussion (post and follow up comments), the TESU's biz capstone will require someone to write around 13,000 words (the weekly discusion will add another 4,000 to 5,000 words). If I understand correctly, the WGU MBA requires around 30,000 written words if you add up all the papers. Basically, the TESU biz capstone is more half of the WGU MBA.

Why would someone with an existing bachelors use the time, money and effort for a TESU BSBA when they would be more half way through a WGU MBA?

Thank you for sharing this. How do you test out of Capstone through TECEP? Is it harder?
(11-17-2019, 05:02 PM)eradreede Wrote:
(11-15-2019, 12:31 AM)jsd Wrote: A 6 month MBA from WGU would be cheaper than a TESU second bachelors, and while not as useful as a top-tier MBA, it's still a better degree than a lower level degree at an equally non-prestigous Big 3 school. Courses might be a little more effort, but you'd have like 50% less courses to take (and honestly I'm not so sure WGU's MBA program is all that grueling, though I can't speak from experience)

I don't think that I would be able to complete the MBA in 6 months while I work a full time job, because it is significantly more writing intensive than a TESU BSBA...the only real challenge in the TESU BSBA is the capstone, everything else should be able to be passed with minimal effort through ACE and NCCRS credits.

Having recently completed the BSBA capstone at TESU, anyone thinking they can simply get a degree from TESU (BSBA) by testing out without writing some major papers are sadly mistaken. The midterm (10 questions plus 4 written  essays) and final paper (3500 to 5000 words, all APA style) account for 45% of the final grade, the 7 weekly case studies (1000-1100 words per case study) account for 35% of the final grade.

1. If someone doesn't have experience writing papers they are going to run into extreme challenges when they take TESU's biz capstone. I realize some unsavory user might consider having someone write the papers except the midterm is proctored which includes 4 essays. Everything goes through SafeAssign to check out other people's work and the school is looking for patterns of irregular writing style.

2. Not including the weekly discussion (post and follow up comments), the TESU's biz capstone will require someone to write around 13,000 words (the weekly discusion will add another 4,000 to 5,000 words). If I understand correctly, the WGU MBA requires around 30,000 written words if you add up all the papers. Basically, the TESU biz capstone is more half of the WGU MBA.

Why would someone with an existing bachelors use the time, money and effort for a TESU BSBA when they would be more half way through a WGU MBA?

Thank you for sharing this. How do you test out of Capstone through TECEP? Is it harder?

I think you misunderstood the post. Years ago, one could take a TECEP for the capstone now it is no longer an option
(11-17-2019, 05:08 PM)natshar Wrote:

I think you misunderstood the post. Years ago, one could take a TECEP for the capstone now it is no longer an option
So there is no getting away with this hard course? Through an exam or an online class somewhere? Sorry for asking. Then maybe I can just do a lib degree 

I don’t like the school where I graduated I want a second degree from TESU.
(11-17-2019, 05:16 PM)eradreede Wrote:
(11-15-2019, 08:30 AM)tjguitar85 Wrote: I don't think that I would be able to complete the MBA in 6 months while I work a full time job, because it is significantly more writing intensive than a TESU BSBA...the only real challenge in the TESU BSBA is the capstone, everything else should be able to be passed with minimal effort through ACE and NCCRS credits.

So there is no getting away with this hard course? Through an exam or an online class somewhere? Sorry for asking. Then maybe I can just do a lib degree 

The only course without capstone is BS - Data Analytics.
------------------

(11-17-2019, 05:30 PM)akr680 Wrote:
(11-16-2019, 09:24 PM)HogwartsSchool Wrote: Having recently completed the BSBA capstone at TESU, anyone thinking they can simply get a degree from TESU (BSBA) by testing out without writing some major papers are sadly mistaken. The midterm (10 questions plus 4 written  essays) and final paper (3500 to 5000 words, all APA style) account for 45% of the final grade, the 7 weekly case studies (1000-1100 words per case study) account for 35% of the final grade.

But will it transfer courses like BALS?? I mean I can do liberal Studies capstone which is prob easier but how does it differ to data analytics

[img]blob:https://www.degreeforum.net/fc52fc7e-45fe-4bb6-9d36-f4baa867ae5b[/img]
(11-17-2019, 05:38 PM)eradreede Wrote:
(11-17-2019, 05:02 PM)eradreede Wrote: Thank you for sharing this. How do you test out of Capstone through TECEP? Is it harder?

But will it transfer courses like BALS?? I mean I can do liberal Studies capstone which is prob easier but how does it differ to data analytics

[img]blob:https://www.degreeforum.net/fc52fc7e-45fe-4bb6-9d36-f4baa867ae5b[/img]

It's roughly $6000 for the major courses through Statistics.com, although you can bring in some courses as well.  Usually though, someone who is trying to decide between a BSBA and BALS is not thinking of doing a math/compsci-heavy degree like Data Analytics.  If you want info on it, just go to TESU's website and look it up.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • akr680
(11-17-2019, 05:02 PM)eradreede Wrote: Thank you for sharing this. How do you test out of Capstone through TECEP? Is it harder?

I can't imagine the Liberal Studies capstone is much easier than the Business Administration capstone.
tjguitar85
(11-17-2019, 05:08 PM)natshar Wrote: I think you misunderstood the post. Years ago, one could take a TECEP for the capstone now it is no longer an option

therr is no midterm in bals capstone though
(11-15-2019, 08:30 AM)tjguitar85 Wrote: I don't think that I would be able to complete the MBA in 6 months while I work a full time job, because it is significantly more writing intensive than a TESU BSBA...the only real challenge in the TESU BSBA is the capstone, everything else should be able to be passed with minimal effort through ACE and NCCRS credits.

You have a bachelors and you are only getting a second degree because you don't like the first school? Just making sure you are aware none of the big 3 schools come with any prestige or status.

All TESU degrees you must take the capstone except for the data science and even that has a capstone type class it is just different and not through TESU. 

What degree do you want/need anyways? What are your prior ones in?
[-] The following 2 users Like natshar's post:
  • akr680, jsd
(11-17-2019, 05:16 PM)eradreede Wrote: So there is no getting away with this hard course? Through an exam or an online class somewhere? Sorry for asking. Then maybe I can just do a lib degree 

There really isn't. The Liberal Arts capstone isn't easier, it's just different. It involves a 25 page research paper. You DO get to choose the subject, but someone like you who seems to have a business background will probably find the BSBA Capstone more to your liking. All of the Big3 require a capstone, and they are all roughly the same sort of thing...lots of writing.

I will say, that many of us have gotten through it. If you can write decently at all, then buckle down for 12 weeks and do the work. You'll pass the either of them and have the degree you want.

Yes, the Data Analytics degree doesn't require one, but you'll be taking some difficult online courses to get that one. I wouldn't do it unless that's the degree you really want.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 15 695 03-22-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 11 1,974 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Electronics Engineering degree plan advice trailbounder 5 279 03-18-2024, 04:19 PM
Last Post: davewill
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 258 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Is an academic certificate a degree for the purposes of "new" credits? Am I screwed? ItsNeverTheLionsYear 3 236 03-13-2024, 08:53 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 230 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 266 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Double Degree How To kowenboy 3 236 02-29-2024, 01:05 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Tough Dual Concentration BS Degree Possible??? GameSlinger 7 606 02-28-2024, 04:31 AM
Last Post: GameSlinger