Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2nd Degree with foreign credits
Hello,

I have received my academic evaluation from TESU and based on my credits from a foreign university I could get a 2nd degree from TESU. My goal is  just to have a piece of paper saying that I have a bachelors from a US accredited facility. To my surprise my electives and general education requirement was waived. Leaving me with only 6 credits left to take to earn the BA in Liberal Arts.

Could someone please tell me what class I could take for the remaining 3 credits in the Liberal Studies section? Or if I could apply any of my other classes to this?

Thank you,

Kai

Attached Files
.jpg   tesu 1.jpg (Size: 231.13 KB / Downloads: 29)
.png   tesu2.png (Size: 435.08 KB / Downloads: 23)
Which country are you from?

You seem like a tech guy maybe do Management Information Systems from Study.com or Davar academy it'll be cake.

Or if you want cheap knock out some TEEX courses.
GRADUATE

Master of Business Administration, Robert Cavelier University (2024-2025)

MS Information and Communication Technology (UK IET Accredited) (On Hold)
Master of Theological Studies, Nations University (6 cr)

UNDERGRAD : 184 Credits

BA Computer Science, TESU  '19
BA Liberal Studies, TESU  '19
AS  Natural Science and Mathematics, TESU  '19

StraighterLine (27 Cr)   Shmoop (18 Cr)  Sophia (11 Cr)
TEEX (5 Cr) Aleks (9 Cr)  ED4Credit (3 Cr) CPCU (2 Cr)   Study.com (39 Cr)

TESU (4 cr)
TT B&M (46 Cr)  Nations University  (9 cr)  UoPeople: (3 cr) Penn Foster: (8 cr)  

I am from Germany.

I don't understand the requirement for the Lib Arts, really. Wouldn't any of my "Other" courses work to fullfill that requirement?

Worst case I take the class you mentioned.
I'm surprised TESU didnt make you need 24 new credits for that second degree. Maybe as it is foreign. Look at their policy on second degrees.

https://www.tesu.edu/academics/catalog/award-of-degrees

No the other courses arent liberal arts ones. Business and technical courses are not liberal arts and wont meet requirement for a liberal studies AOS.

Look at this page of the degree to get an idea of ehat would work:

https://www.tesu.edu/heavin/ba/liberal-studies
GRADUATE

TESU (4 cr)
TT B&M (46 Cr)  Nations University  (9 cr)  UoPeople: (3 cr) Penn Foster: (8 cr)  

Thank you! Not all my previous credits were used for the first degree. So I have excess credits that were applied.
Still its their policy for their institution. Once you have an equivalent RA degree the policy stands. Unless your degree dosent count as equivalent to a US RA degree...The bottom of thier page even adresses foreign degrees.

Hmmm leaves me curious..
GRADUATE

TESU (4 cr)

(11-26-2019, 07:57 AM)Bekai88 Wrote: I am from Germany.

I don't understand the requirement for the Lib Arts, really. Wouldn't any of my "Other" courses work to fullfill that requirement?

Worst case I take the class you mentioned.

None of your OTHER courses fit into Liberal Arts (they are all Business and the unused Math is what TESU calls remedial level); expect maybe the MET350 Meteorology, but still that is only 2.5 credits and it says you need 3 and then the Capstone.  Even though you officially only need 4.5 credits you actually need 6, as the Capstone is 3 and you're short 3 LL in the Liberal Arts.   Subjects that work for Liberal Arts are the same as General Education - here is a list to get an idea of subjects that would work https://www.tesu.edu/academics/courses/2016-and-after
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

You should ask about getting the unused Math course into the area of study. I don't think allvia is correct that it's considered remedial - I've got the same course equivalency (MAT-102 - via the College Math CLEP) and it's being used in my degree (though not in the area of study, as I'm not doing a BALS)
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link
(11-26-2019, 01:06 PM)mysonx3 Wrote: You should ask about getting the unused Math course into the area of study. I don't think allvia is correct that it's considered remedial - I've got the same course equivalency (MAT-102 - via the College Math CLEP) and it's being used in my degree (though not in the area of study, as I'm not doing a BALS)

Wouldn't that be too much at the 100 level ?
(11-26-2019, 01:29 PM)lacussucceed Wrote:
(11-26-2019, 01:06 PM)mysonx3 Wrote: You should ask about getting the unused Math course into the area of study. I don't think allvia is correct that it's considered remedial - I've got the same course equivalency (MAT-102 - via the College Math CLEP) and it's being used in my degree (though not in the area of study, as I'm not doing a BALS)

Wouldn't that be too much at the 100 level ?

Looking at the eval closer that is exactly what it is, my mistake - MAT103 was 4 credits, and the 100 level maxes at 6 - so the MAT102 cannot be used to meet the other 3 credits.   Also, I now also see that the MET350 is Metrology not Meteorology; so that explains why it doesn't meet the liberal arts requirement.

@Bekai88, make sure whichever course/exam you take for the 3 Liberal Arts credits is equivalent to a TESU 200 course or higher.  Maybe one of the other international forum members can make a low cost suggestion.  I know a few of the providers are limited to those in the US only, and I don't want to misguide you as an international student.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 522 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 451 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 475 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 375 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  Debate/speech competition transfer credits? Fave advisors? PLEX 4 208 03-20-2024, 03:09 PM
Last Post: PLEX
  Electronics Engineering degree plan advice trailbounder 5 359 03-18-2024, 04:19 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Is an academic certificate a degree for the purposes of "new" credits? Am I screwed? ItsNeverTheLionsYear 3 333 03-13-2024, 08:53 PM
  Double Degree How To kowenboy 3 291 02-29-2024, 01:05 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Tough Dual Concentration BS Degree Possible??? GameSlinger 7 651 02-28-2024, 04:31 AM
Last Post: GameSlinger
  Remaining Classes for TESU Degree faptaincrunch 7 615 02-20-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: faptaincrunch