Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2nd TESU degree??
Hello friends! 
Here's a question for TESU alumni with 2+ degrees. Currently I am finishing up my degree with TESU. It's been a wild ride but it's almost over! Problem is.... I want to do it again. IF I were interested in pursuing another degree with TESU, how would that look? Would I just have to take the core classes for the degree? Or do I have to take the 120 credits over again? My general education requirements have been completed and I don't have any electives left to fulfill.  I only took about 30 credits with TESU, the rest were transfers. Will TESU hold onto those transfers and apply them to the next degree? 
Any bit of information is super appreciated! Thanks guysSmile
The "Award of Degrees" page in the TESU catalog should answer most of your questions: https://www.tesu.edu/academics/catalog/award-of-degrees
TESU Class of 2024 BSBA-CIS+GM, BSIT, ASNSM-CS+Math, AAS-GEN
Earned credits from Sophia, SDC, ASU ULC, TEEX, Microsoft, Strayer, TESU, Saylor, DSST, CLEP, CompTIA, StraighterLine, and others since starting in April 2020
TESU only allows you to obtain 2 degrees. But each degree can have 2 AOS. For instance, English & Psychology. Or, for a BSBA, Finance and CIS.

You would not have to retake the full 120 credits, but once you actually graduate, the answers change drastically.

1. Which courses did you take with TESU?
  2. Do you have any other RA (not ACE/NCCRS) credits besides those from TESU?
  3. Have you already applied for graduation?
  4. What degree are you obtaining right now?
  5. What degree are you wanting to get?
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
Can i add AOS to my degree after i graduate? ( For example, 6 months later) What are rules about that?
is your first degree confirmed and officially earned?

Because if you go back for a second one after the first degree is earned you have to pay the waiver fee again. And you have to take the capstone again. Whereas if you earn the degrees at the same time you might not have to. Note, that if you choose say English and History. If you earned them together if would be a dual Area of Study (AOS) and one actual diploma. If you earned them separately, it would be two identical diplomas. Both saying "bachelor of arts" as the major is not listed on the diploma.

If you earn one TESU degree and then come back and earn another here is what happens:

1. You have to earn 24 new credits for 2nd degree. They must be earned after the 1st degree conferral. Meaning even if you finish the capstone of your first degree in March if your degree doesn't confer until June your courses for your 2nd degree have to be dated after June.
2. You are waived all gen eds and free electives (unless your program requires a specific gen ed which you don't have ex. BSBA requires college algebra, BS requires lab sciences, etc.) this includes sos-110 as part of the waived courses unless your first degree was on an old catalog and you never did it.
3. You must take the capstone and it counts towards the 24 new credits
4. if you don't take 16 credits at TESU you must pay the waiver fee again.
5. 2nd degrees aren't eligible for financial aid usually. no pell grants. no scholarships. and often no employer reimbursements either. check with your employer though.
6. Additionally, if you don't have enough RA credit because your first degree was under old policy you may need some RA credit for 2nd degree.

Questions:

1. What is the degree you are graduating with?
2. Is the degree confirmed yet?
3. What is the second degree you are looking at?
Cofffeee Wrote:Can i add AOS to my degree after i graduate? ( For example, 6 months later) What are rules about that?

A hard no to adding an extra AOS, even if you already have the courses completed. (No exceptions to this rule that I can think of...) Having said that, if your date was changed to 6 days after graduation, then you may have a slight chance to ask them to add the second AOS as you need to fill in the form and that second AOS is just 18 credits. If I was thinking of a second AOS, I would get them completed at the same time instead of in 6 months.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Ok thank u

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 522 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 451 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 475 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 15 2,292 04-04-2024, 08:08 AM
Last Post: Kones
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 258 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,228 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 232 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 375 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  Electronics Engineering degree plan advice trailbounder 5 359 03-18-2024, 04:19 PM
Last Post: davewill
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 300 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az