Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2nd bachelors tesu
(03-22-2022, 04:43 PM)dfrecore Wrote: If you complete everything you need for the BACS including the Cornerstone & Capstone, NOT apply or graduation, and then I'd go back and start on the BSBA.  That way, if something happens, you can go and graduate with the BACS and not be out anything.

The thing you don't want to do is partially finish both.  Finish one, with the option to graduate quickly if need be.  
That is exactly what I will do if I decide to go for the 2nd degree.
A bird in the hand.  
Thanks.
So what would be a reasonable time frame estimate to complete the nine courses ? I know it’s all subjective.
Depends on the source, but I would expect that most students could do at least 2 per month. You might be able to do 3 or 4 per month if you push it.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(03-22-2022, 06:20 PM)rachel83az Wrote: Depends on the source, but I would expect that most students could do at least 2 per month. You might be able to do 3 or 4 per month if you push it.

Thanks Rachel. 3 per month would take 3 months to complete. It may be worth postponing graduation for 3 months to get an additional bachelors degree this one being in business . Hmm.
(03-22-2022, 06:08 PM)Pats20 Wrote: So what would be a reasonable time frame estimate  to complete the nine courses ? I know it’s all subjective.

Faster than the time to complete Calculus  Wink 

2 months would be a long time @ 20 hours per week. So I say 2 months or less for the 9 courses. CMS Learn you could do in 2-3 days for the BUS-210 Quantitative Skills requirement.

You do both Capstones in one term though I don't think anyone here on the forums has done that before. But if you need a battle plan to do this, I can come up with one.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
More info required - What's missing in the first degree? What's missing in the second? It's best to create a spreadsheet and complete the course requirements of the first degree except the capstone. If you have energy, money, time left to complete the second one, do that before you apply for graduation.

You need to decide if you're using the 16 residency credits vs the residency waiver fee... you're taking 9 credits already with the cornerstone and 2 capstones, just a few more credits and you'll be at 16. Make sure to have 30 RA credits usable in BOTH degrees, to be safe, I would recommend again having this all entered into a spreadsheet for review/tracking purposes.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Need for First degree.
Calc (in progress )
Cornerstone
Capstone
1 ul cs course ( thinking software engineering)
1 ra course. Thinking tecep applied liberal arts math

Plan is to pay residency wavier.
With the math tecep I should have all ra requirements met.
(03-22-2022, 07:52 PM)LevelUP Wrote:
(03-22-2022, 06:08 PM)Pats20 Wrote: So what would be a reasonable time frame estimate  to complete the nine courses ? I know it’s all subjective.

Faster than the time to complete Calculus  Wink 

2 months would be a long time @ 20 hours per week. So I say 2 months or less for the 9 courses. CMS Learn you could do in 2-3 days for the BUS-210 Quantitative Skills requirement.

You do both Capstones in one term though I don't think anyone here on the forums has done that before. But if you need a battle plan to do this, I can come up with one.
Dude you’re a Superman ! I will def holler at you when I get closer.
Does anyone know if courses toward the aos of a second bachelors can be started before the first degree in conferred as long as they’re not completed before the first is conferred ?
(01-19-2023, 06:07 PM)Pats20 Wrote: Does anyone know if courses toward the aos of a second bachelors can be started before the first degree in conferred as long as they’re  not completed before the first is conferred ?

The courses come in with a completion date, not a start date.  So it's all about when you finish a course.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • origamishuttle

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 522 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 451 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 475 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 15 2,297 04-04-2024, 08:08 AM
Last Post: Kones
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 258 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,228 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 232 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 375 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 300 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 278 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27