Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2nd degree - Date of credits earned/transferred SDC to TESU?
Each evaluation is separate
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link
(06-01-2019, 08:12 PM)riadash Wrote:
(06-01-2019, 06:18 PM)natshar Wrote:
(06-01-2019, 05:22 PM)dfrecore Wrote: They changed the policy, that used to be the case but no longer is.

All you have to do is email Academic advising and tell them you wish to add a Psychology BA to your official evaluation. Do that before July to get on the current catalog. From there it's up to you, you can do them both at once or if you wish finish one and go back to the other; but you'll have opportunity to do either if you choose.

This is so helpful - thank you! So just to clarify, I can ask them to add the BA in Psych to my academic evaluation, then finish my Business Capstone and still graduate with my BSBA on time in September? And the BA will just hang around on my evaluation until I go ahead and complete that? (Also I suppose I'll still need to wait to finish my remaining Psych credits anyway because the second degree 24-credits rule will still apply? So the benefit it that I can see the BA on my evaluation and that I will not need to reapply to TESU?)

Should I be concerned that if they edit my evaluation to include a second area of study, I may suddenly show as requiring the cornerstone for my BSBA, or are the evaluations treated as separate documents? I enrolled in TESU before cornerstones were required so I was waived out of it but I don't want a requirement for it for the BA to set me back for the BSBA.

Well you are out of luck for September graduation because the deadline for that was the May capstone and that already happened. You have to take either the June, July or August capstone to graduate in December.

I would ask TESU if adding a second concentration if that concentration would require the cornerstone, I have a feeling it might, but I'm not sure best way is to ask.

Also, TESU has a rule where you have to most of your AOS (meaning only 1 or 2 courses left) done before registering for your capstone and if you add a second AOS you need have to have most of the credits done from BOTH AOS before starting the capstone, so that could slow things down as far as graduating. I know this because TESU told me.

Also read this thread: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ree-Policy
(06-01-2019, 08:32 PM)natshar Wrote: Well you are out of luck for September graduation because the deadline for that was the May capstone and that already happened. You have to take either the June, July or August capstone to graduate in December.

I would ask TESU if adding a second concentration if that concentration would require the cornerstone, I have a feeling it might, but I'm not sure best way is to ask.

Also, TESU has a rule where you have to most of your AOS (meaning only 1 or 2 courses left) done before registering for your capstone and if you add a second AOS you need have to have most of the credits done from BOTH AOS before starting the capstone, so that could slow things down as far as graduating. I know this because TESU told me.

Also read this thread: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ree-Policy

I'm in the Business Capstone now and it's my only remaining class, so I'm on track for September.

After reading that thread I think I will go ahead and stick with my original plan to wait and reapply after receiving the BSBA, treating it as if I were to leave and come back - I need only 25 credits for the BA in Psychology, and if I wait and reapply I could avoid taking SOS-110 and instead meet the credit requirement with a course that actually interests me and is in the field....even if it takes longer and risks a change in catalog, that sounds much more appealing and looks like it will also be cheaper as I don't have to pay the residency waiver.
[-] The following 1 user Likes riadash's post:
  • natshar
(06-01-2019, 09:51 PM)riadash Wrote: I'm in the Business Capstone now and it's my only remaining class, so I'm on track for September.

After reading that thread I think I will go ahead and stick with my original plan to wait and reapply after receiving the BSBA, treating it as if I were to leave and come back - I need only 25 credits for the BA in Psychology, and if I wait and reapply I could avoid taking SOS-110 and instead meet the credit requirement with a course that actually interests me and is in the field....even if it takes longer and risks a change in catalog, that sounds much more appealing and looks like it will also be cheaper as I don't have to pay the residency waiver.

There is no "credit requirement" where you exchange something for SOS-110.  Since you don't have to take it, you just have to take the capstone.  You can't get out of that.

You will have to pay the residency waiver both times - it's only good for 1 Bachelor's degree.  Once you earn that, the residency waiver you paid goes away, and you have to pay it again.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(06-01-2019, 11:49 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(06-01-2019, 09:51 PM)riadash Wrote: I'm in the Business Capstone now and it's my only remaining class, so I'm on track for September.

There is no "credit requirement" where you exchange something for SOS-110.  Since you don't have to take it, you just have to take the capstone.  You can't get out of that.

You will have to pay the residency waiver both times - it's only good for 1 Bachelor's degree.  Once you earn that, the residency waiver you paid goes away, and you have to pay it again.

No, sorry, I meant the 24-credit requirement for the second degree. I currently need 25 credits in various areas for the BA, which will drop to 22 when SOS-110 is waived. TESU has the policy of needing to earn 24 credits after the first degree to use toward the second. Since I will not need to take SOS-110, I can use that gap to take something I'm actually interested in to fulfill the 24-credit requirement.

I did almost all of my general education classes through TESU - not testing out, but actually as a conventional OL/GS student. I have already met the residency requirement through my tuition (I have taken far more than 16 credits there) and don't need to pay it.
(06-02-2019, 12:13 AM)riadash Wrote:

No, sorry, I meant the 24-credit requirement for the second degree. I currently need 25 credits in various areas for the BA, which will drop to 22 when SOS-110 is waived. TESU has the policy of needing to earn 24 credits after the first degree to use toward the second. Since I will not need to take SOS-110, I can use that gap to take something I'm actually interested in to fulfill the 24-credit requirement.

I did almost all of my general education classes through TESU - not testing out, but actually as a conventional OL/GS student. I have already met the residency requirement through my tuition (I have taken far more than 16 credits there) and don't need to pay it.

The 24-credit requirement has to be in the major, any additional courses you need wouldn't count.  For example, if your first degree was a BALS and you took Liberal Arts Math to do your quant lit requirements, and then you went back to get a BSBA, you would need 24cr in your major PLUS College Algebra and Stats.

So, SOS-110 wouldn't count towards the 24cr requirement at all.  It would be in addition to that.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(06-02-2019, 12:19 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(06-02-2019, 12:13 AM)riadash Wrote:

The 24-credit requirement has to be in the major, any additional courses you need wouldn't count.  For example, if your first degree was a BALS and you took Liberal Arts Math to do your quant lit requirements, and then you went back to get a BSBA, you would need 24cr in your major PLUS College Algebra and Stats.

So, SOS-110 wouldn't count towards the 24cr requirement at all.  It would be in addition to that.

Cool, that's even better.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 15 699 03-22-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,981 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Debate/speech competition transfer credits? Fave advisors? PLEX 4 163 03-20-2024, 03:09 PM
Last Post: PLEX
  Electronics Engineering degree plan advice trailbounder 5 282 03-18-2024, 04:19 PM
Last Post: davewill
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 261 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Is an academic certificate a degree for the purposes of "new" credits? Am I screwed? ItsNeverTheLionsYear 3 238 03-13-2024, 08:53 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Has someone transferred Study.com science corses with labs and correctly transfered etwelding2019 1 205 03-03-2024, 12:20 PM
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 230 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 269 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538