Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
3 credits in quantitative reasoning for $39 (ACE)
Information 
https://www.csmlearn.com/home

I'm not sure how it transfers but it sounds like it may be a good option for people who aren't big fans of math.
Buying the main course gives you access to a few other interesting looking courses(not worth credit): Problem-Solving People, Mathematical Intuitions, Social Science Explorations, and Career Strategies Course

It also offers a free trial which I will be checking out tomorrow.

The CSM Course

Credit Type:
Course
ACE Course Number:
Organization:
CSMlearn, Public Benefit Corporation
Length:
Self-paced (20-120 hours)
Dates Offered:
8/1/2017 - 2/28/2021
Objective:
The course objective is to build high performance skills, attitudes, and behaviors.
Learning Outcome:
Upon completion of the course, the student will be able to apply key quantitative skills such as mental math, basic statistical concepts, measurement, and more; appraise information from a variety of forms of complex informational text and graphs; analyze problems using a variety of advanced problem-solving strategies; develop new skills independently through reading; and develop and formulate strategies to solve quantitative problems, including quantitative reasoning and problem-solving.
Instruction:
The methods of instruction include computer-based training. The general course topics include math skills, literacy skills, problem-solving strategies, independent learning, persistence, attention to detail and carefulness, high personal expectations, and self-efficacy.
Assessment:
The methods of assessment include formative assessments in an adaptive learning environment with a minimum passing score of 100 percent.
Credit Recommendation:
In the lower-division baccalaureate/associate degree category, 3 semester hours in quantitative reasoning (3/18).

http://www2.acenet.edu/credit/?fuseactio...CE=1009404

Also, a study testing the following 5 products:

CSM, Reading Horizons Elevate (Reading Horizons),  My Foundations Lab (Pearson), ALEKS (McGraw Hill), and GED Academy (Essential Education).

Found that:

Of the five evaluated products, only CSM had significant positive impact on math scores, and CSM also had the highest improvement in literacy scores. CSM also had the highest engagement.
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
[-] The following 3 users Like MNomadic's post:
  • hsfamfun, Oulton1, ROYISAGIRL
Thanks for the information! I'll check it out!
WGU BSCSIA (In progress starting Feb 1st 2019)  49/122 credit hours.
PierPont BOG A.A.S 2018

CompTIA A+,Sec+.
SL. Intro to Environmental Science, Intro to Biology.  6 Credit hours.
Brick and Mortar college's 50 RA credits.
Pierpont institutional credit  INFO 2207, INFO 2256, INFO 2305. 9 Credit hours.
Sophia.
 Developing Effective Teams, The Essentials of Managing Conflict. 2 Credit hours
The Institutes. 312N-H Ethics, 2 credit hours.
Brick and Mortar College. Eng 205 research writing, 3 credit hours.

CLEP. Information Systems, 3 Credit hours.
Stanford Online. America's Poverty and Inequality Course, Statement of accomplishment.  
It says that it may "provide placement into College Algebra" which to me means that it won't work as a college algebra course, but may work in a BALS.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
That looks interesting

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
In Progress: CSU MS Occupational Safety | TESU BALS HR & Computer Science | TESU AAS Admin Studies
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, HRM

Completed: TESU AAS Environmental, Safety & Tech, BA in Environmental Studies/ Natural Science and Mathematics

Looks interesting indeed... I think it'll work for the BALS as well, it can be used as a general ed elective or as a free elective, even in the LL requirements of the AOS. However, I don't know what it'll transfer into TESU or other schools as, but most likely Quantitative Analysis or something very similar.

Oh, and this caught my eye - you need 100% to pass the course, wow! Haha... Seriously, that is very interesting indeed... Assessment: The methods of assessment include formative assessments in an adaptive learning environment with a minimum passing score of 100 percent.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • suzycupcake
(11-26-2018, 02:00 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Looks interesting indeed... I think it'll work for the BALS as well, it can be used as a general ed elective or as a free elective, even in the LL requirements of the AOS.  However, I don't know what it'll transfer into TESU or other schools as, but most likely Quantitative Analysis or something very similar.

Oh, and this caught my eye - you need 100% to pass the course, wow!  Haha... Seriously, that is very interesting indeed... Assessment:  The methods of assessment include formative assessments in an adaptive learning environment with a minimum passing score of 100 percent.

You need 100% but if you get a question on a page wrong then you just do a whole new page of problems(after you get a chance to see what you got wrong and read lessons to improve that area) until you consistently get 100% accuracy on those types of problems. I just finished the trial and was able to finish 40% of the course in my allotted 2 hours. I enjoy this sort of mind stimulating challenge. I will probably go ahead and pay the $39 later this week to finish the course, get the credit/cert, and check out the rest of the program. It does seem like it would be beneficial for people who struggle with math. Hopefully it can satisfy the quantitative/math requirement for a BALS.

Some interesting points:
-there are parts that are supposed to be done using mental math
-apparently they have proprietary methods of detecting cheating
-they use biometric identity detection(typing on the keyboard)

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
[-] The following 1 user Likes MNomadic's post:
  • Life_One
I am working through the course and have enjoyed it so far. I was able to get to 50% within the two hour trial, but I wish I had gone slower. You not only have to get every question on the page correct, you have to get them correct the first time. They have a system of "blelts" (yellow, red, black) and you have to get a black belt in every section before being awarded the certificate.

If you get all the questions correct on the first try, you get a black belt. If you don't get them all correct on the first try, you have to get two pages correct and get a red belt, if you don't get those correct, you get more tries but only a yellow belt. Finally, if you get too many mistakes you don't get awarded anything and have to redo it all later.

So, if on the first time through, you don't get a black belt, you have to circle around after you've completed all the units and redo them to try for a black belt. For me, the getting 50% of the way through wasn't an accurate indicator of how long the course would take. I currently have about 5 hours invested and am at 80%.
(12-04-2018, 08:02 PM)jeffreymb Wrote: I am working through the course and have enjoyed it so far. I was able to get to 50% within the two hour trial, but I wish I had gone slower. You not only have to get every question on the page correct, you have to get them correct the first time. They have a system of "blelts" (yellow, red, black) and you have to get a black belt in every section before being awarded the certificate.

If you get all the questions correct on the first try, you get a black belt. If you don't get them all correct on the first try, you have to get two pages correct and get a red belt, if you don't get those correct, you get more tries but only a yellow belt. Finally, if you get too many mistakes you don't get awarded anything and have to redo it all later.

So, if on the first time through, you don't get a black belt, you have to circle around after you've completed all the units and redo them to try for a black belt. For me, the getting 50% of the way through wasn't an accurate indicator of how long the course would take. I currently have about 5 hours invested and am at 80%.

Nice. I'm mostly done as well.

The biometric verification is interesting. Periodically, they have you type on a keyboard and compare that to when they had me type on the keyboard with my camera on after verifying my identity with my ID and a picture of my face.

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
CSM(3cr)
Just a quick follow up: I did finish this course last week. I found the whole thing to be an enjoyable challenge. I got a cert out of it and it's on my ACE transcript already.

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
CSM(3cr)
[-] The following 2 users Like MNomadic's post:
  • alab21, suzycupcake
I'm up to 90%. It is just a little bit annoying the way it loops you through double and triple the work if you make a mistake. I just kind of do some of it when I feel like it and then stop. I'll do a couple of sections at the end of work before I go home and that's when I make some mistakes after teaching all day.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Diné College: $55 Credit Hour, $660 Full Time (12+ credits) Ares 19 1,725 02-23-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  If I transfer OTHM Diploma into US University, will they be counted as RA credits? lucillegyl 7 587 02-15-2024, 09:42 AM
Last Post: lucillegyl
  No ACE credits on ACTFL exam? Aikuroa 12 1,199 01-09-2024, 07:05 PM
Last Post: vetvso
  Salvaging FEMA credits CaughtInTheRye12 6 474 12-28-2023, 11:57 PM
Last Post: CaughtInTheRye12
  Recommendations For 18 LL or 9 UL Social Science Credits harrypotter 3 381 11-08-2023, 07:27 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Cheapest way to complete CS prerequisites (RA Credits)? therightstuff 18 1,790 11-01-2023, 02:13 AM
Last Post: therightstuff
  What if my Degree contains too many Transfered Credits from Sophia etc.? ecdw94 19 2,770 10-17-2023, 05:56 PM
Last Post: midnite123
  So... I Asked IU if they accept ACE credits, they do! elcastor21 21 1,652 09-26-2023, 12:00 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Fast, Self Paced, preferrably cheap RA credits elcastor21 6 873 09-12-2023, 08:20 PM
Last Post: Cofffeee
  Are alternative credits only an American thing? mojave 24 2,195 09-08-2023, 04:14 AM
Last Post: ausernameisneeded