Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
30 Largest Non Profit Online Colleges
Hmm, yeah, I was looking online earlier and came across this listing of largest colleges/uni...

Anyways - SNHU is on top, WGU has dropped to second spot, and Liberty is third... and Excelsior is #16.

I think SNHU and WGU grew so quickly because of their tuition assistance or reimbursement programs!

Link: https://www.nonprofitcollegesonline.com/...versities/
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
There are a lot of familiar names on that list and not many surprises.  One small surprise is Boston University.  It's a biggish school with a very good academic reputation but it also comes with a big price tag.  I'm a little surprised that so many people are willing to pay that price but what the hell, it's only money, I guess.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Alpha's post:
  • harrypotter
(02-17-2021, 08:12 AM)Alpha Wrote: There are a lot of familiar names on that list and not many surprises.  One small surprise is Boston University.  It's a biggish school with a very good academic reputation but it also comes with a big price tag.  I'm a little surprised that so many people are willing to pay that price but what the hell, it's only money, I guess.

If you live in New England, it's a big deal school. If your employer is paying for all of the degree or part of it, why not? Cornell isn't cheap yet they have far more applicants than openings every year. Same with Harvard, Yale, Princeton, USC, Baylor, etc. 
(02-17-2021, 01:31 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(02-17-2021, 08:12 AM)Alpha Wrote: There are a lot of familiar names on that list and not many surprises.  One small surprise is Boston University.  It's a biggish school with a very good academic reputation but it also comes with a big price tag.  I'm a little surprised that so many people are willing to pay that price but what the hell, it's only money, I guess.

... Cornell isn't cheap yet they have far more applicants than openings every year. Same with Harvard, Yale, Princeton, USC, Baylor, etc. 

Yeah, you're right.  Except none of those schools is in the top 30 online universities.
In the list, there are a few good schools - Penn State, Arizona State, U of Florida, George Mason, George Washington, and John Hopkins - they are pretty good schools IMHO, but again, the list is in regards to enrollment size, not really a ranking of anything such as content/program quality etc... And these are just the non-profits, not Public or Private For-Profits...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(02-17-2021, 09:37 PM)Alpha Wrote:

... Cornell isn't cheap yet they have far more applicants than openings every year. Same with Harvard, Yale, Princeton, USC, Baylor, etc. 

Yeah, you're right.  Except none of those schools is in the top 30 online universities.

Because online programs aren't their main focus. Penn State is the list and they're Ivy League. Johns Hopkins is on the list and that's not exactly a crappy school. 
(02-17-2021, 11:52 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(02-17-2021, 09:37 PM)Alpha Wrote:

Because online programs aren't their main focus. Penn State is the list and they're Ivy League. Johns Hopkins is on the list and that's not exactly a crappy school. 

Penn State is not an Ivy.. UPenn is though.
BABA, New England College, 2019
(02-18-2021, 12:37 AM)harrypotter Wrote: Penn State is not an Ivy.. UPenn is though.

Yup I have it backwards.

I am surprised by a few. I never would have imagined that Bellevue had so few online students. Many of these schools advertise their online programs like crazy. I get ads for most of them frequently. 

I took two of the three differential equations classes that Boston University offered for ACE credit via Edx a few years ago.  Very challenging, but doable.  I was impressed.  I was also very impressed that when I hit some trouble spots, they had actual and responsive teaching assistants.  From my experience, they seem to do this kind of thing well.  I wonder if BU's location amidst Harvard and MIT makes them kind of function like a second or third tier university in other places even though they are really top-notch.
(02-18-2021, 12:02 PM)eriehiker Wrote:

I took two of the three differential equations classes that Boston University offered for ACE credit via Edx a few years ago.  Very challenging, but doable.  I was impressed.  I was also very impressed that when I hit some trouble spots, they had actual and responsive teaching assistants.  From my experience, they seem to do this kind of thing well.  I wonder if BU's location amidst Harvard and MIT makes them kind of function like a second or third tier university in other places even though they are really top-notch.
There are a lot of very good colleges in Massachusetts and there's few people that haven't heard of MIT and Harvard.  Those two schools are perennially atop everyone's list of top colleges on the planet and so even a very good school like BU tends to fade into the background.  Despite that it's a very good and a very big school in the city. Expensive though.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation How many colleges and universities have closed since 2016? Ares 0 111 03-25-2024, 11:02 PM
Last Post: Ares
Question How can I Study on my own pace and online like a european? justmemyself 6 257 03-25-2024, 09:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Biochemistry online, no lab, and less than $500. GoodYellowDogs 11 10,141 03-20-2024, 04:16 PM
  The 100 Most Popular Accredited Online Colleges for 2024 LevelUP 2 206 03-20-2024, 05:47 AM
Last Post: nyvrem
  Colleges bring back ACT/SAT after finding test-optional policies hurt minorities LevelUP 1 149 03-16-2024, 11:17 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus sanantone 27 5,451 03-16-2024, 06:22 AM
  Eastern University Self-Paced online Degrees natshar 2 596 03-06-2024, 10:03 PM
Last Post: jumlouh
  University of California System Bans Fully Online Degrees davewill 23 3,604 03-01-2024, 10:57 AM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  LLB University of London Online newdegree 1 348 02-28-2024, 01:46 PM
Last Post: freeloader
  Is online college easier now? Vle045 21 1,089 02-26-2024, 10:47 PM
Last Post: Vle045