Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
$3000 Accreditted Masters (MS/MBA) from Aspen
pugman Wrote:...and for those adult learners that may be interested in skipping the undergrad and going straight to MBA.

Online Graduate, Undergraduate, and Certificate Programs - Aspen University

Greg

Does anyone know if this is still accurate about enrolling without an undergrad degree? This url does not work and I can't seem to find this information on the Aspen website.

If anyone had any information about any other Masters program that will let you enroll before you have finished your undergrad degree, could you pass that information to me.

Thanks in advance for any information.
never2late
(To get a degree)

Enrolled-ECE BS-General Business

Current study:
CSU-Ops Management
STRLN-Business Communication

55 Credits Earned (so far) 22 tests to go:
Tests
Pass
CLEP
Financial Acct, A&I Lit, Info Systems, Prin of Management, Intro to Sociology
DSST
ALEKS
College Algebra, Intermediate Algebra, Intro to Statistics
STRAIGHTERLINE
Prin of MacroEconomics

ECE Info Literacy

B&M Classes
Managerial Acct, Freshman Comp, Nutrition, Human Cultural Geo, Philosophy, Business Math, Elem Algebra, Speech
never2late Wrote:Does anyone know if this is still accurate about enrolling without an undergrad degree? This url does not work and I can't seem to find this information on the Aspen website.

If anyone had any information about any other Masters program that will let you enroll before you have finished your undergrad degree, could you pass that information to me.

Thanks in advance for any information.

I believe the Edinburgh Business School does not have an undergrad prerequisite, but you'll have to check.

Edinburgh Business School: Distance Learning MBA and Online Business Courses
I am currently going to Aspen for my Bachelors in Business with plans to go for a Masters in Scrience Nursing with a management emphasis through Aspen. It works for me as i don't intend to change schools. I personally think it is a good low cost option for those who don't plan to continue on or who plan to continue on through Aspen only. I know for nursing i could not go straight to Master degree I must complete the Bachelors first. I know for a fact tution is on the rise at aspen and will go up again in the spring. They do have a referal bonus if you are planing on going please use my name you get a discount of $250 and so do I.
having worked Admissions, you are always safer going with a Regionally Accredited school. I saw a lot of students lose out credits they took at DETC & ACICS schools. Of course it depends on you, but if you think you may want to transfer schools midway of your programs, RA is the best way to go.

but of course everything is relative to your goals.............
:hurray:

[SIZE=2]it is a journey[/SIZE]
BELLA Wrote:having worked Admissions, you are always safer going with a Regionally Accredited school. I saw a lot of students lose out credits they took at DETC & ACICS schools. Of course it depends on you, but if you think you may want to transfer schools midway of your programs, RA is the best way to go.

but of course everything is relative to your goals.............
>>

That's a hard call- because if you want a trade degree (mine is culinary) RA isn't an issue. HOWEVER, like you said, if you want to move up the degree chain you'll need to plan ahead. My husband and I both have NA associate degrees in culinary arts- that's our industry standard. I am almost finished earning my BA (starting at zero credits), and it will be RA - so I am not going back- in other words, my MA will be RA (and so would my PhD). My husband on the other hand had no interest in anything outside of culinary/hospitality/hotel so he found a NA bachelor degree program that took 100% of his NA associate degree. Should he desire an MBA, it will certainly have to be NA.
He works in industry- I teach in a community college. Different paths in the same field. You can choose either path, just know that you'll get to a fork in the road and things are much easier if you know AHEAD of time where you want to end up.
RA and NA don't go back and forth.
Just finished my MBA Project Management at Aspen on Friday!
it says 6000 now...
DSST Environment & Race to Save Humanity *  51/80 Clep CIS  63/80
College Math  66/80 * DSST Business Law II  -  No Pass
Principles of Mgmt  61/80 * A/I Lit  51/80 retest 61/80
Social Sciences and History -  66/80  -  A * Freshman Composition  -  60/80
Intro to Computers  426 -Current System - p/f = pass * Intro to Modern Middle East Studies -  61/80
Human Cultural Geography  -  61/80 * US History I  - A   -61/80
US History II - A  68/80 * Civil War  -  A   57/80
Intro to World Religions  - A  68/80 * Intro to Bus Law -  64/80    A
Public Speaking 55/80  A * MIS 429/500 * Statistics 459/500 * MacroEconomics  57/80
MicroEconomics   53/80 (ran out no money in meter) * Criminal Justice 418/500
English Comp with Essay 58/80 * Personal Finance 406/500 (Ran thru IC once & test once... 40 minutes/98 questions.. close call) 
Principle of Supervision -  436/500 * Clep American Government 67/80  
FEMA's Completed - 49 (sorry i'm addicted to them).

BA - Criminal Justice - Central State University
AAS - Computer Science - TESU
AAS - BOG - Info Tech - Pierpont
ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member
Looks cool! I am looking for an academic home. Smile
BA Liberal Arts in 2014 from Excelsior College. (Took 25 tests)
Certificate in Writing in 2018 from University of Washington.
Current: MA in Humanities from American Public University.
Have 180 hour TEFL/TESOL Advanced Cert from TEFL HERO.
Member of World Genius Directory. IQ 148 SD 15/IQ 151 SD 16.
dewisant Wrote:Looks cool! I am looking for an academic home. Smile

Look elsewhere as Aspen is expensive now. I applied to them a decade ago trying to skip the bachelors degree and straight into their MBA as the requirements then allowed it as long as you have 15 years experience. Strangely, they changed it at the last minute during the time when I applied.

Anyways, if cost is what you're looking at. Skip the DEAC/Nationally Accredited route as I have fallen for that more than once, another school I attended lost their accreditation, and they were accredited for the longest time... You can get into RA competency based programs as the cost/speed of finishing the program is most desirable.

PS Notes: Hodges, NAU, Patten, WGU and more offer term based programs and charge 2-3grand.
If you can finish your degree in that allotted time, that's the entire cost of your degree, better than NA.
BTW, this thread is 7.5 years old. Hmmm, it just got resurrected, :coolgleam:
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Who's been digging around in an 8 year old thread? Smile
MBA, Western Governors University February 2014
BS Charter Oak State College November 2011
AS in EMS August 2010

I'm always happy to complete the free application waiver for those applying to WGU (I get a free gift from WGU for this).  Just PM me your first/last name and a valid email so I can complete their form.

Thread; COSC AS using FEMA http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  US Masters CBE While Traveling Abroad[Long Post] yb1 7 2,703 01-09-2018, 01:45 PM
Last Post: burbuja0512
  PhD versus 2nd Masters burbuja0512 17 2,242 08-18-2014, 09:50 AM
Last Post: sklineho
  University of Florida Masters in Forensic Science publius2k4 3 1,194 02-27-2014, 09:45 PM
Last Post: hkhart
  Is a masters degree really worth it? publius2k4 7 1,305 02-03-2014, 09:27 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Online Masters with no proctored examinations? Ace_King 15 5,048 04-17-2013, 01:15 AM
Last Post: Yanji
  I'm a 3000-Man! ShotoJuku 21 2,583 06-18-2012, 02:00 PM
Last Post: Johann
  Columbia Southern University - Masters Programs mrs.b 4 1,023 12-15-2011, 06:47 PM
Last Post: ryoder
  Decided on masters, Western Governers MS Information Security Assurance ryoder 11 2,047 10-14-2011, 08:34 PM
  Nichols college at your own pace masters ryoder 4 1,494 03-16-2011, 07:22 PM
  Masters theis how hard? skybirds 7 1,456 02-20-2011, 03:16 PM
Last Post: irnbru