Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
36% of employees earning $100,000+ living paycheck to paycheck
Really? That's interesting to see, I am close to that amount but hardly "splurge" to be living paycheck to paycheck.  I'm frugal (not cheap, yes, I tip people more as they provide good customer service when we dine out), we don't really save much either, but at the same time, we don't spend well above our "means".  And for those who in the article that are the 36% who make $250K/year living paycheck to paycheck (it's not just because of inflation), get out of that city, revamp the way you do things!  Seriously!

Link: Amid record inflation, 36% of employees earning $100,000 or more say they are living paycheck to paycheck (msn.com)
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 2 users Like bjcheung77's post:
  • katsiki, mohelena02
LOL

no pity for those people at all
Not sure this is all that surprising. Many jobs that pay 100k+ are in big cities where they need that much to get by. They could move to a lower cost of living area and get a comparable job (if available in smaller markets), but their salary will also be lower, and they'd still be living paycheck to paycheck. 100k isn't what is was 20 years ago.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
[-] The following 1 user Likes jsd's post:
  • jch
I live in a red zone.  I have all the basics (the basic package does not include recreational vehicles, expensive vacations or restaurants).  There is no extra money floating around.  I could make more money if I wanted to but my quality of life would drop (according to my personal criteria).  I eat good food, drive a good car and live in a nice house in the woods.  I have retirement money but, like everyone else, I worry that there won't be enough of it.  I consider myself lucky and I know a lot of people who have less.  I know it's different in different places.  Costs in places like NYC, San Francisco are out of sight.  I couldn't afford to live there on my present salary, etc.
https://meric.mo.gov/data/cost-living-data-series
Considering what they pay in taxes, health insurance, life insurance, 401k, etc they may be bringing home $60K. Add on student loans, car loan/lease, and high cost of rent/mortgage in many areas of the country and $100K isn't a spectacular salary. Relocation isn't necessarily going to help either. If you move from one area with a higher rent/mortgage cost that only sort of solves part of the problem. If housing costs less then salaries are also usually less. You still have student loans, car loan/lease, credit cards, utilities, food, etc. Can one pay all of those monthly bills on a lower salary?
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • rachel83az
$100k is nothing in so many places around the US. Sure, it was a great salary in 1995, but now...not so much. You're barely treading water in some places making that.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 2 users Like dfrecore's post:
  • jsd, rachel83az
Add on any significant level of consumer debt, and it's all too easy to be working without a safety net.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Living the Good Life on $24,000 a Year? Retire in Your 20’s or 30’s? LevelUP 34 5,832 03-26-2022, 12:28 PM
Last Post: ashkir
  Company develops its own MBA curriculum and offers it to employees MNomadic 2 914 07-03-2020, 06:36 PM
Last Post: freeloader
  Studio Living Regards 11 2,159 04-27-2017, 07:58 PM
Last Post: zapproximator