Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
36 years of Age, should do Bsc or Msc ?
(09-22-2022, 02:46 PM)debrag Wrote: They accept 113 so 7 x $535 to take at TESU. Also I doubt University of London accept American alt-credits - happy to be wrong.

Oh i see.
Cause i received an email from the Admission Officer mentioning they do accept 90 Credits.
If 113 than that is excellent, saving huge amount.
(09-22-2022, 02:40 PM)tuckerarabi786 Wrote:
(09-20-2022, 04:08 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Just a quick note about costs: if your budget is $15k, and you expect to get both a bachelor's and a master's for that price, then you're going to need to spend as little as possible getting the first to save for the second.  Here are some prices for degrees discussed on here:

UC Boulder (via Coursera) is $20k for the Ms in Data Science; and $25k for the Bs in Data Science or BS in Computer Science

UMass Global - minimum of $15k for the Bs in Data Science, and that's if you can get the full 90cr of transfer (which I don't think you can - besides not being able to find all of the courses you need for the major, they have a max of 70cr from CC/Alt-credit combined, and another 20cr from a 4yr school) - add the cost of 90cr

TESU's Bs in Data Science & Analytics is $6k for the courses through Statistics.com, and then $5241 tuition at TESU for the Cornerstone & fees (so $11k total) - add the cost of 90cr, including a lab science

TESU's BA in CompSci is $6846 for tuition & fees + the cost for 114 alt-credits (which must include 24cr of RA); or $5126 for the FT/FR term where you take 16cr + the cost for 104 alt-credits (which must include 14cr of RA)

So TESU accepts 90 Credits out of 120.

So 30 Credits x $535 = $16,050 - Is this calculation correct ? For Out of State Residents (which is for International Students) 
And the remaining 90 Credits through Study.com / Sophia.org etc... i think that would be $1000-2000 extra around?

So roughly i am estimating 18-20K... correct?

And University of London - Bsc Computer Science around $14-15K  And they also accept credits 
https://www.london.ac.uk/applications/ho...learning-3

TESU accepts 114cr transferred in - but 24cr of those must be from an RA school.  So, you have to figure that part out.  You can use TECEP exams, or credits from a Community College or somewhere else (I think Dine' College may be the cheapest at $55/cr).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
TESU accepts up to 90 alt-credits per Bachelor's degree and up to 45 alt-credits per Associate's degree. SDC, Sophia, StraighterLine, Saylor, etc.

Then you need 30 credits from a college or university. 6 of those (the capstone & cornerstone classes) absolutely must come from TESU.

Other options for cheap credit include: TECEPs, XAMK, ASU, TEL Learning, Diné College, etc.

Of these, XAMK could be the very cheapest. You can easily get 20+ credits for only the cost of a foreign transcript evaluation by ACEI. I believe the evaluation costs about $200.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • Pikachu
Is this a logical thing...
gain the alt-credits - 90 credits... and than shift to ASU BSc for remaining credits?

ASU QS Ranking 219
SNHU QS Ranking 801-1000
TESU World Ranking 7331

I was thinking to opt for SNHU also, and than shift to ASU probably.. Maybe i have to add $15-20K more.. in 2 years.. which is acceptable.. and than gradually do MSc Data Science from Boulder, and slowly slowly complete it which than again eats up $20K more... Hmm... Splashing this kind of money.. i have to figure out benefits / ROI..
Also have BSc CS from LSE (University of London) UK or BSc CS from Goldsmiths (University of London) as an option too... they accept credits of Google Analytics / IT Support Certification from Coursera and IBM Analyst course too..

I am little unsure how many credits ASU accepts.

I have been also hiring many employees in my past, and it always added good points which university the candidate studied from. And this really makes me concerned a bit..
Majority in Middle East / Asia do not know about TESU.. but my major plans to avail BSc is to gain further points in my Immigration and have a better career profile holding a credible BSc and than MSc...

Anyone knows when Coursera launches this New BSc Programs ?

https://www.coursera.org/degrees/bsc-dat.../academics
https://www.coursera.org/degrees/bsc-com...admissions
I don't believe that ASU allows you to transfer in anywhere near that many alt-credits. I also don't think that they accept Sophia or Study.com, only CLEP exams. ASU is very, very expensive for this kind of thing.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
OK I think i am making my mind towards SNHU....

I have seen many individuals from Middle East / Asia side did SNHU.. and even Harvard later accepted them .. probably work experience..

But I am keeping my options open... scanning some more universities to see what is workable...

My ideal plan is to finalize before 1st October 2022, and than start preparing to earn credits ...

I wanted to ask,
If suppose i transfer 30 credits to SNHU.

Can i transfer remaining 60 credits later as well... So probably i will see if i can manage to enroll my self by Oct 22th or else Jan 1st week Cohort..
They need minimum 24 credits to waive off English Proficiency exam.

SNHU at the moment is ticking all the marks..

I am trying to find any other university with a much better ranking too than SNHU, and accepts credits.. i might also keep that a ready option too..
Unlike some universities, SNHU does allow you to transfer in additional credits after you are enrolled and while you are doing SNHU classes.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
(09-24-2022, 01:26 PM)rachel83az Wrote: Unlike some universities, SNHU does allow you to transfer in additional credits after you are enrolled and while you are doing SNHU classes.

Excellent

By the way is their any Slack Group or Discord 
where students who are studying to gain credits from Study.com / Sophia.org etc.. to ask any questions to each other to clear doubts etc.. in order to get a better marks too..

I think SNHU is meeting my requirements...

BSc Information Technology looks like meeting my goals. As currently also studying for AWS Certification / Azure and CompTia also..

BSc Computer Science, has too much programming / coding and I do not want to do that.
You're a bit all over the place. You also seem to be unclear about the difference between ACE credits ("alt credits") and RA credits. Be clear about your priorities - whether it's speed, money, inflating your GPA for master's or something else and choose a program accordingly.

As someone who has researched the immigration angle for myself - rankings don't matter. How quickly you completed the program doesn't matter either. The only thing that matters is accreditation. For American universities, it must be RA. The only immigration program that cares about rankings is UK's "High Potential Individual" route in which your uni must be in their Top 50 list.

A degree won't open up any immigration pathways directly in most cases. If you have B1 proficiency in German you might qualify for a job-seekers visa for Germany, depending on the degree. For points-based programs like Canada's Express Entry you get points for every level of college you complete. Having a master's from an American university will increase your chances of getting an H1B visa. You can use the study visa route to immigrate to Canada, UK, Australia, and New Zealand after getting your bachelor's as they all have generous post-study visa regimes.
(09-25-2022, 01:13 AM)Pikachu Wrote: You're a bit all over the place. You also seem to be unclear about the difference between ACE credits ("alt credits") and RA credits. Be clear about your priorities - whether it's speed, money, inflating your GPA for master's or something else and choose a program accordingly.

As someone who has researched the immigration angle for myself - rankings don't matter. How quickly you completed the program doesn't matter either. The only thing that matters is accreditation. For American universities, it must be RA. The only immigration program that cares about rankings is UK's "High Potential Individual" route in which your uni must be in their Top 50 list.

A degree won't open up any immigration pathways directly in most cases. If you have B1 proficiency in German you might qualify for a job-seekers visa for Germany, depending on the degree. For points-based programs like Canada's Express Entry you get points for every level of college you complete. Having a master's from an American university will increase your chances of getting an H1B visa. You can use the study visa route to immigrate to Canada, UK, Australia, and New Zealand after getting your bachelor's as they all have generous post-study visa regimes.

Excellent Advise.

Well its Speed + Money...
I have shortlisted SNHU as one option, and i think its a RA university too, if i researched correctly
Trying to see any other RA University probably little better ranking than SNHU, that may accept ACE credits too.. 

I was thinking to do Study route also later.. but i have wife and kids, and i need to plan up all things carefully, so cash-flow wise too.
As with study visa route, i will need to probably plan 6-9 months without any income, as i think will take some time to probably get employed, and than change my visa. 
I am currently studying different routes, and better options, so pre-planning and noting down all things.. IN order for me to take right steps presently...

I also checked with some consultants, who said it does not matter if you do not have Bachelors.  Canadian Immigration can accept if you just have Masters too..
But just for safe side, i thought to do Bachelors too.. giving a little boost to my CV / Education Profile...

https://berkeleycollege.edu/admissions/a...index.html

Seems Berkeley College accepts ACE Credits too
But a costly version..
Around $800 per credit for remaining 30 credits.. So $24K extra...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DBA degree: online, 2-3 years, top US or UK school, accredited absamer 23 1,770 04-01-2024, 02:57 AM
Last Post: quanticmba
  IT degree with A levels & 7 years of work experience Sherwood 74 4,712 10-28-2023, 10:55 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Looking for a BBA online doable in less than 2 years, with EU recognition MrNicky 4 510 10-22-2023, 02:02 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
Information Web developer, with 8 years of experience and no degree k2rmh 3 319 09-06-2023, 08:46 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
Lightbulb Finishing a Degree 14 Years Later (Advice much needed) Nigmatix 10 986 05-25-2023, 11:49 PM
  Years long lurker finally ready Monkeynerd 10 860 10-16-2022, 10:18 AM
  Could I possibly finish in 2 years? NAYANN1 16 1,485 05-16-2022, 08:56 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Starting from essentially zero except for ten years work experience djarumlights 18 2,263 04-22-2020, 03:53 PM
Last Post: djarumlights